Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-in: 10/21/19

Sorry for the late post — my phone app completely stopped working and we were out of town. Anyone else having trouble with it?

Anyway, as always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What is your favorite part of Fall? Why? 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

@b_free_3  -Dx: PCOS RX: letrozole and ovidrel trigger

FRIENDS REJOINING US AND NEWCOMERS:

To be added to our weekly roll call, please provide the following:

1.  Briefly introduce yourself (or reintroduce yourself), if you didn't post a separate introduction post.

2.  What is your diagnosis? (Dx)

3.  What is your treatment plan? (Rx)

Re: TTTC Check-in: 10/21/19

• @hithertorue thinking about you and hoping you are having a good break. 

@b_1029 how are you doing? Didn’t hear from you last week. 

@b_free_3 Welcome — sorry you have to be here but you’ll find good company in all varying stages. I was in the same boat for a long time where I didn’t want to acknowledge we had fertility issues so I didn’t go to the doctor, but once I did and had a plan it helped. 

@inthewoods23 hope all is well as you gear up for the mock transfer! 

QOTW: My favorite part of fall is getting my cozy sweatshirts out for the first time in months! I love curling up when it’s cold!

IUI went well this morning.  It was the least painful one I’ve had and a lot less bleeding than the last ones, plus hubby’s count looked good so that was a relief. I told hubby this would be the worst possible month of the year to get pregnant (I am a teacher so being out in August is the worst) so hoping that works in our favor? We also have a consult with a different doctor for IVF set up — looking at starting that process next cycle but my doctor wanted us to consult with this other doctor for it. And then finally I have to go get tested to see if I actually have a contrast dye allergy (I’ve had bad reactions to it) because if this month doesn’t work they want to run a test to look at my tubes for possible blockages. So I feel positive about having a plan but really hoping this IUI works because I’d rather avoid all of that! 
  • @2dogsmom I heard other people had issues with the app. I did briefly at some point a few days ago but then it was fine.

I'm really confused, they've never checked to see if your tubes were blocked before doing IUIs? Wouldn't that make IUIs pointless if your tubes are blocked?

QOTW: What is your favorite part of Fall? Why?
    Favorite part is the cooler weather for sweaters and extra layers. I love feeling extra warm! Also the fall colors are always amazing.

AFM, OPKs still aren't changing but I do have CM which leads me to think my cycle might be somewhat regular in length, but if it gets to 40+ days I'll call my doctor to see what we should do. They never mentioned to me after the FET failure that cycles can take a while to regulate now that I'm not on drugs. The only reason I know this is because I was tracking and saw the very negative OPKs. You'd think they would have mentioned it when we sat down with the RE to talk about what's next and the timeline to the next FET. So mock transfer may not even be in November - who knows.

We're going on a road trip starting Thursday so I may not post much after today since we have things going on tonight and packing tomorrow. We leave bright and early for our 13 hour car ride!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 4 years ago I was having a lot of pain during my cycle so they checked my tubes then but using a different procedure. My doctor has been reluctant to test because of the contrast dye issue, so we were hoping IUI would work but always knew it might not since we are still in the unexplained IF category. 

Enjoy your trip! I love traveling!! 13 hour car ride doesn’t sound as much fun though, I hope you get to do something super fun once you get there! 
  • @2dogsmom I'm happy the IUI went well! Normally when we "don't want" these things to happen they do! So hopefully the August problem bodes well. Fx no IVF is needed, but there is a lovely group of ladies waiting to embrace you with creepy internet hugs if you do.

@inthewoods23 That all seems very weird and irritating. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and that your RE didn't drop the ball. You sound as chill as could be hoped for though it is hard to gauge that online. Have all the fun on your trip! It sounds awesome!

QOTW: What is your favorite part of Fall? Why? Love the changing colours, scarves, sweaters and boots! Everything just feels so much cozier!
  • @2dogsmom ah I see! You'll find me at the Tennessee Aquarium 🙂 never been but DH has and I hear nothing but great things about it!

@meri-mac I think it helps that I'm aware of what needs to happen and aware of my body so it's kind of annoying but not like - need to find a new doctor - kind of annoying. I know the timeline she gave me and so if I feel like this cycle is getting too long with no sign of O then I'll contact her to see what we should do next. But man, can you imagine if I didn't start the OPKs and temping back up? I'd be freaking out next week POAS and getting negatives and wondering where AF is!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 oh that sounds fun! Only place in Tennessee I’ve been is in and around Nashville, but I really loved that trip. This should be a beautiful time of year to Tennessee too!! Enjoy!!

Also yes thank goodness for temping and OPKs so we at least have a sense of when AF should show up even when meds etc. mess with our cycles! Glad you have a good sense of what’s going on and can monitor! 
  • @2dogsmom hi! I know, sorry I’ve been MIA, I’m just now getting back into TB after a bit of a mental break. Thanks for thinking of me :) I’m glad your IUI went well this week and I’m hoping you don’t even need that ivf consult! 

@inthewoods23 boooo to your cycle. Where are you headed? I see the TN aquarium...wonder if you’ll be driving past me to get there!

AFM I triggered at 5:30 am on Tuesday and then IUI #2 was yesterday at 1 pm. There was slightly more sperm (20 mil vs 16 for #1) and had a better “grade” so I’m semi hopeful except for the fact I never felt any O pain. Last cycle I felt like my ovary was exploding. I had 3 follies this time so I assumed it would be really painful. Other than a little discomfort yesterday I didn’t feel anything, cue the worrying about missing it. That’s what I hate about IUIs- if you O early, there’s not much you can do since you’ve had to abstain beforehand. Blah. 

QOTW- ah so many things, I love fall! The leaves changing, cozy sweaters/clothes, and the crisp mornings (preferably with coffee) are my top favorites. 
  • @b_1029 Our bodies are weird. Sometimes we feel every little twinge and other cycles there is nothing. I think you have reason to be hopeful though I understand wanting to stay calm. I  have everything crossed for you!
  • @b_1029 yes I did think about you as we were driving through Louisville 😄 Got there as rush hour was starting so that wasn't fun, but it helps when the car drives itself. We stopped at some coffee shop while we let the car charge.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Posting to give the TTTC board some love and to remind you we are all Amazons!