Group 4 (April 25-30) week of Oct 28

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants:

Questions: 

GTKY: favorite Halloween costume you've been? 
TW: 
1 infant loss
8/17: Our daughter was born
8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!

Re: Group 4 (April 25-30) week of Oct 28

• Options
    EDD/W+D: April 29/13+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out but not sure when yet

Baby is the size of a(n): potsticker (mm now I want some)

Upcoming Appointments: I have my first appointment with my new obgyn tomorrow and they informed me I probably need a Pap smear, ugh. I just had one when pregnant with my son less than two years ago. So tired of Pap smears especially knowing there will be so many more times in these coming months when people will be all up in my business 

How are you feeling? Emotional. Really easily upset. Slowly losing the nausea but not fast enough. 

Raves/Rants: read my rant about Pap smears because it’s all I will be able to think about until my appointment is over. 

Questions: Anyone else pretty sure of the sex of their baby just based on the difference in symptoms between when they’re pregnant with a boy vs a girl? I almost feel like I don’t even need to make that appointment but I still need it to be confirmed, ya know? 

GTKY: favorite Halloween costume you've been?  My husband and I dressed up like sexy nerds when we were dating in college and we got a lot of positive comments at the parties. We also won a donut eating contest so I’d say it was a successful Halloween 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  4/30, 13w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n):
    a tube of lipstick, scoop of ice cream, arc reactor 

Upcoming Appointments: not until 11/21

How are you feeling? 
    Other than headaches and light headedness great! 

Raves/Rants: 
    Rant:  It's supposed to pour on Halloween and I'm sad that we probably won't be able to go trick or treating.  Rave: DH surprised me with the most beautiful tan suede over the knee boots from Anthropolgie that I had been drooling over and thought I would have to sell a body part to buy.  I'm excited it's now boot weather and I can wear them!  

Questions: 

GTKY: favorite Halloween costume you've been?
    I'm no fun with Halloween.  As a kid my mom always made me be something I didn't want to be.  As an adult I always protested dressing up since I refused to wear a skimpy costume and didn't want to spend the money on a quality legit costume.     

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emsned I'm pregnant with girl 3 (also have a SD) and even though I don't have a boy pregnancy to compare to I knew all three were girls, like a gut feeling.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  4/26- 14 weeks.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Upcoming Appointments: Yesterday and all looks good. Fetal Echo will be in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

How are you feeling? So tired. No motivation for like anything.

Raves/Rants: Excited to announce this week so it is officially out there. Nervous for reactions because of everything with our last baby.

Questions: Elderberry while pregnant? It's already getting crappy out here and would like to avoid getting sick as much as possible.

GTKY: favorite Halloween costume you've been? DH and I did Leela and Fry from Futurama one year which was fun. As a kid my mom made some odd choices- like I was a recycling bin and my sister was the ocean. Yeah, real winners there. But when I was little, I was obsessed with Golden Girls and went as Sophia!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 14 weeks today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out Saturday is baby cooperates (via elective 3D ultrasound)

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Upcoming Appointments: 11/11

How are you feeling?: A bit better than the past few weeks. I don’t want to sleep my life away anymore, but still dragging most days.

Raves/Rants: Just excited to see what’s coming. I swear every pregnancy feels like my first. This is baby number 3 and my second in 2 years, and I’m still equally excited and scared. I hate these stupid food aversions though. I’ve lost 15 lbs and my doctor is concerned. I have to see a nutritionist.

Questions: Any tips to help gain weight when I literally don’t want to eat?

GTKY: favorite Halloween costume you've been? A sexy cop a few years back
  • Options
    babybisonbabybison member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D:  4/27, and I can't remember

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Girl! Total surprise, and I have no idea what to do with a girl 

Baby is the size of a(n): peach 🍑

Upcoming Appointments: not for another month, but our NIPT came back all good stuff.

How are you feeling? No more nausea! I'm down for that. Still tired and sinus pain many many days. 

Raves/Rants: Rant: our contractor is now on month 8 of a 3 month bath remodel. I'm preggo, and I need a bathroom upstairs!
    Rave: the bump app has an ad/video of a woman trying to use the nose Frida. It's so accurate and frustrating and find myself watching and laughing every time. 
    ^is that even considered a rave?

Questions: do you guys think a sprinkle instead of a shower for a second kid is tacky? Or will people be just as excited for the 2nd as the first?

GTKY: favorite Halloween costume you've been?  In college my now husband and I went as Ricky and Lucy. As a kid my mom made our costumes, but I always wanted one of the cool expensive "real" ones from the store.

@krystalkmh I'm no help in the food dept, but for a second I thought you were team orange and was wondering if that was the new sex-fluid color. Maybe a milkshake could help? Protein and calcium and all that.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 26th 14weeks + 3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach, halfway to a navel orange, or "as tall as a crayon"

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife appointment Monday, just a standard check-up I think

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and burpy and feeling the tummy acid. I think I'm starting to get a bit more energy. Hips are getting really sore so I have to wake up to switch sides a lot at night (going to ask on Monday for tips with this)

Raves/Rants: Rant: Frustrated with 90% of maternity shopping having to be online. I like to try things on, especially when my body is changing so much, plus all the extra packaging from ordering feels so wasteful. Rave: Bulk Barn has become my pregnancy craving mecca

Questions: Anyone else having co-ed baby showers?

GTKY: favourite Halloween costume you've been? I'm going as two things this year. Winnie the Pooh for recording in the studio in the morning, but I'm pretty excited for my second costume (having "Galloween" since it's probs my last chance at a girls' night Halloween for a while). I found this weird pale creamy/peachy crushed velour turtleneck at a thrift shop so I'm wearing it with a silvery grey cardigan and gluing half a large white Christmas bulb on the tummy to go as "Mother of Pearl". Nothing like a pun costume!

@krystalkmh Maybe there are higher calorie things you can drink to help? Or ways to add a tiny bit more protein/fat to whatever you are able to eat now? My midwives told me that until nausea and food aversions subside that my prenatal vitamin is helping keep things on track. Fingers crossed that they stop soon now that I'm 14 weeks +
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 26th / 14+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out in a couple weeks (even though Ive got the results from my NIPT just waiting for a button click) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Baseball from The Sandlot (Arent all baseballs the same? LoL)

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks from today.. Nothing special happening just notmal check up w doppler. I wanna see my lil bugga boo!! 

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall. If I stand too much my hips try to kill me the next day. Nausea is almost all gone. 

Raves/Rants: I hate not having any US until 20 weeks... Ive only had 1 so far at 8 weeks. I dont know if I have an anterior/posterior placenta so no clue when I'll start feeling baby to know all is well. However, no cramps & bleeding and my NIPT results were low risk so Im trying not to pay for a boutique US just to satiate my "need ". 

Questions: Is there a point at which we can switch from prenatals to just a daily mutlivitamin? Ive got prenatal gummies, Calcium + vit D chewables, and liquid iron. Tired of taking separates. I cannot swallow pills.

GTKY: favorite Halloween costume you've been? Sooo random funny story- my hubby and I work together, we are very close friends with another guy who works w us and his wife.  We go on vacays allll the time together. We went to Disney w them a couple yeara ago and the guy told everyone at work it was their honeymoon, so they all started to claim we are swingers. It's all in good fun, so last Halloween I made my husband and I swings to wear at a work party so we would be "swingers". It was fun and a hit! 
  • Options
    @liselotte77 most drs recommend taking prenatals even after you deliver for a while, esp if breastfeeding.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss