Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO weekend 10/16 - 10/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO weekend 10/16 - 10/27

• Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, DTD EOD, fertility supplement, Metformin

R/R: So mad at my dog right now. Our pups have been getting along well for the last 6 months. Then tonight while they were in the backyard, we heard an awful sound and thought they had somehow gotten a hold of some small creature. Turns out the big one had the little guy around the neck while he was pleading for his life. Hubs ran out there yelling and big dog still didn't let go until he was within arm's reach. I just can't believe she took it that far. She's really well-behaved and we've never had to worry about supervising them in the yard. Now I'm paranoid... 

CS/Q: I don't temp for now, so no chart. But along those lines, an OPK story:
    I use my OPKs right when I wake up, and I also log pictures of the results in my Femometer app (my LH tends to surge randomly, so it's helpful for me to see a more precise evaluation). The last couple days, they have been at or around 0. Tested this morning and it was SUPER dark, again this evening and still super dark. I know by normal cycle standards, this would be pretty late to ovulate, but for me, it's a lot earlier in my cycle than I've ever gotten that high of an LH surge. I'm hoping the more logical timing means the Metformin is working and I'm actually going to ovulate soon instead of just having LH surges w/o actually releasing an egg. 
    me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS
  • @faith_2911 I’m so sorry about the incident with your dogs—that’s really scary and I don’t blame you for being paranoid now. I don’t know much about Metformin, but fingers crossed that your hope is correct and it’s doing what it’s supposed to be doing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: uhh, I think 10 and 6? 1st month AL #3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, levothyroxine (hypothyroid), baby aspirin, progesterone, prenatals

R/R: I'm getting nervous because I STILL haven't gotten a positive OPK even though I've been tracking it every day for a week! CM was egg white earlier in the week but not anymore, so I'm worried I missed it!! It was hard to test at work during the day, I also wonder if I drank too much water the day I would have seen the surge. I've ALWAYS been able to spot my O day until this month, and I need to know it so I can start my progesterone on the correct day. Agh!

CS/Q: I know I'm only on CD 16 so there is still time to get a positive OPK, but the lack of egg white CM makes me nervous. Anyone else still get a positive OPK even though CM changed several days ago?
  • Month/Cycle: Jan 2018

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: We are on the bench until DH heals. He broke his back a week ago. Follow up appointment tomorrow, so FX!!!!
    I might use this time to touch base with a dr on RPL. :( 

R/R: Busy weekend, fighting a cold, and I still feel like I got nothing done. 

CS/Q:  Nothing to see here. 

@faith_2911 It's so hard when dogs break your trust like that. Ours did that to one of our cats about a year after we got her, and now - 5 years later - I still don't fully trust her. Luckily she's a smallish dog, so I know worst case I'll always be able to over power her. 

@mama_mea I think you can get multiple surges in one cycle, which could trigger ewc. You can have a surge that fails to release an egg, so your body tries again later, or multiple peaks leading up to it.  Because it's not hard enough, our bodies like to just fake us out. 
    https://americanpregnancy.org/getting-pregnant/ovulation-tests/

• @faith_2911 that's so scary, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling as the owner. Especially when a dog has otherwise been so sweet and then suddenly something like this happens. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that.

@whatsbumpinpumpkin thanks for sending the link. Helps a lot! Hopefully we BD enough during the window. If I still don't have a positive OPK by tomorrow I will consult with my Dr about when to start taking the progesterone. And good call on using this time while your husband is out of commission to speak with your dr. Feel better soon!
  • @ssbl Thank you! Yeah, we're so glad he's mostly okay, but we keep worrying what might have happened if we hadn't stopped it fast enough. 
    Btw, this is probably not relevant to you, but just in case you were curious: It's a drug often used to treat diabetes symptoms, but it's also used to regulate cycles for women with PCOS. I guess the common factor between the two uses is insulin resistance. 

@mama_mea I'm sorry about your OPKs! That is definitely frustrating when that info is dependent on even more than just timing sex. I hope it's like @whatsbumpinpumpkin said and you're just having multiple surges this cycle and will have another one soon that is really O. That happens to me a lot, but hopefully this will be an odd ball for you! Have you considered using OPKs first thing in the morning? I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it may be less troublesome for you that way. 
    And thank you! Yeah, it might sound dramatic, but we feel a bit like she's got this whole different side that we never knew and now we're trying to reconcile that with her usual self. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I hope YH follow-up apt goes well! So sorry ya'll are going through that. Colds are super annoying because they're not always enough for you to be stuck in bed or take off work, but bad enough to put a little rain cloud over every experience you do have. Hope your body successfully fights it off ASAP!
    Sorry about your cat too! That's helpful to hear your experience so that when I'm still looking at my big dog like a stranger years from now I'll know she deserves that side-eye. 

Update: Little dog is okay. (He's not really that little, just little in comparison to our other one since he's only 6 months old). He seemed to be in pain and looked pretty miserable, so we took him to the ER this morning since our vet isn't open Sundays. We were there for 4.5 hours which was insane, but nothing's broken and they expect him to recover fine with pain meds in the meantime. He did have fluid in his lungs from the choking incident though, so we will monitor his breathing and bring him back to our normal vet for follow-up x-rays in a few days. Still glad we brought him in despite the hefty bill, ridiculous wait, and no need for hospitalization. Otherwise, I know I would have worried non-stop and ran over to him at every little cough. 

• Our cat was fine. Luckily he's suuuuuuper fluffy, so the dog mostly just got a mouthful of hair.  I'm sorry the puppy is hurt even a little. 
    Our dog at the time needed to have her dew claws removed. She hadn't had them done as a puppy, and kept tearing them off - incredibly painful. So there was a reason she was extra bitchy, which is now gone, but still - the trust is hard

• Glad cat was okay! 
    I guess it's good that you were able to determine a reason behind her behavior, but it still makes sense to feel wary.