Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL Week of 10/28-11/3/19

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure song that you’d be mortified to have others overhear you singing along to?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: TTCAL Week of 10/28-11/3/19

• MC at 7 weeks 3/19, MC at 5 weeks (CP) 8/19

How are things going? Pretty good but we’re getting close to my first due date (Nov 7) an I’m getting kinda panicky about that. Feels like a huge black cloud on the horizon.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? It’s hard to know I’m really the only one who has that date burned in my skull. If I reminded my DH he’d be super sweet about it but it’s hard to know if need to remind him. Just feels really lonely.

What is going well for you this week? Excited to do some cold weather cooking and I’m going to try a new gym class. 

R/R? Had a great, relaxing weekend so I’m thankful for opportunities to just be happy and not think about TTC

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Fertility appt in mid Nov

GTKY: the main score to the musical Oklahoma. 😂 it’s on my running mix! 

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited October 2019

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC Oct '19

How are things going? Not great. I had to call out of work today because of horrible cramps that made me nauseated and I couldn't even stand up straight. I'm waiting on a call back from my OB to see what I need to do next. I'm really hoping to avoid having a D&C, but I fear the worst because it's common to need one after taking misoprostol. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? This whole never-ending MC process. I just want this to be over with already. Just when I think it's starting to taper off and I feel like I'm getting back to my old self, the next day winds up with more cramps and flow. Today is Day 17 of this and I just want to be done.

What is going well for you this week? I got the first draft of my capstone paper done yesterday!! This is HUGE! And such a relief. I was worried that I was falling behind on writing it (it's due Nov. 13th), but when I talked with my classmates, two of them hadn't even started writing it yet, they're still in the research and planning phase. I only have a few things left to do on it (beef up the Discussion portion, double-check the status of a few state & federal laws) before I can revise, edit, and finalize it. I'm right on track. 

R/R? MH has been so amazingly supportive throughout all of this. I really can't say enough good things about him. He's a rockstar. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I'm still waiting to hear back from my OB, but so far it's just tracking my HCG levels down weekly. Last week I was at 3,000, and the week before that I was at 9,000, so I'm confident that they're dropping. I also got the results of a lot of the bloodwork they did post-MC, and many of the tests were negative (cystic fibrosis, Factor V Leiden) or in the normal range (DHEA, progesterone, prolactin, chromatin, centromere, etc). So that's a relief.

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure song that you’d be mortified to have others overhear you singing along to? I don't know that I have one, to be honest. I like a lot of guilty pleasure songs (come on, I've seen Hanson in concert three times in the past two years - and got to meet them last December), but I'm proud of the nerdy stuff I like. 

ETA: I just spoke with the nurse at my OB's office and she said that since it's been so long since taking the misoprostal that this could very well be my next period, which makes sense because I had a bad headache over the weekend and I normally get menstrual migraines before my cycle. We're going to talk again after the results of my next HCG panel to make sure everything is going smoothly and to rule out D&C. Phew! I feel so relieved.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @ttcbabyodo I’m so thankful it looks like you may be able to avoid a D&C. The MC process can be so long, it really is so emotionally exhausting. Hope you start to feel physically better soon so you can start to put this behind you and move into looking forward. 
  • Hi! I'm here now from the May board!

How are things going? Pretty well! October was my bday month AND my anniversary month, plus we had a wedding to go to. Lots of celebrating with family and friends really helped me appreciate my life, which was critical as I tried to cope with the disappointment of the MC. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I got my medical bill from my miscarriage, and I discovered that my MC bloodwork cost me $130! I thought my insurance was supposed to cover it, but apparently the MC bloodwork was "not routine" for OB, so it was covered under a different category than I expected. Now, I'm worried about miscarrying again and not only dealing with the physical and emotional pain but also having to pay another $130 for the "pleasure" of several quick blood draws. I can afford it, but it just adds another element of unpleasantness... especially the fact it was unexpected. I thought my life was finally back to normal, but then there's one more thing to deal with. 

What is going well for you this week? AF showed up again this week! I feel like my body is officially back to normal!

R/R? There's never really a *good* time for a miscarriage, but I think I ended up with pretty much the best timing I could have. Life has been super fun these past few weeks, and while I still wished I didn't miscarry, it's been kinda nice to not be sick and to be able to drink at all these events.

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure song that you’d be mortified to have others overhear you singing along to? Honestly, it's mostly old nostalgia songs. I recently had Wake Up by Hilary Duff in my head, and so I've listened to that a few times. 

• @NEBride1016 sorry you’re here but welcome! It sounds like you’re able to enjoy the fun stuff surrounding you despite the heartache of MC. It’s so helpful to have distractions! I had my most recent MC a couple weeks before you and started a new job the same week and though that was hard, the distraction was SO helpful. And yay for AF returning. I do know how nice it is to feel like your body is back after the trauma and confusion of MC. Definitely gives us a glimpse of how resilient our bodies are. 
  • @rachelredhead Thanks! I excitedly announced to my husband that AF had returned, and he laughed and pointed out how weird to be excited about that when we're trying to have a baby. I never thought my TTC process would include cheering about AF showing up, but here I am. 😆
  • @NEBride1016 totally understand! After my first loss we legit celebrated when AF returned because it took forever (or felt like it). We immediately went to our fave brewery and toasted to trying again. There’s a lot of healing in being happy about that return to normalcy. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Miscarriage at 5 weeks December '18, CP July '19

How are things going? Ok. I finished up my letrozole on Sunday and I start monitoring tomorrow to get ready for IUI #1. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I cried in the store over all the "My First Christmas" stuff. Trying my best to keep the holiday blues away. I have difficulty with the holidays to begin with, and TTCAL/IF is making it so much harder.

What is going well for you this week? I haven't had much time to be on social media so I should miss a lot of the Halloween pics of everyone's LOs.

R/R? Glad that we're going to hopefully have excellent timing this cycle. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Just daily bloodwork starting tomorrow to monitor my LH levels. 

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure song that you’d be mortified to have others overhear you singing along to? I really have no shame when it comes to singing along to music. 🤣 Lately I have been a little too intense when "Truth Hurts" comes on the radio, though. Ha. 

• bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited November 2019

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MC at 7 weeks in 1/19 & at 5 weeks (CP) in 8/19

How are things going? BFN this morning, so that just confirmed that I’m not a SS who gets knocked up the first cycle back to trying! I’m starting to think more & more about the holidays too, and I’m dreading them which has never happened to me...I’m usually so excited about them! 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? We are now 18 months in to TTC and I feel like we are no closer to our THB than when we started! I know that’s not really true, because we have figured out all the meds necessary to make my body do what it’s supposed to do...but I’m being a bit of a downer today! 

What is going well for you this week? It’s almost the weekend, and we don’t have many plans! So excited for a chance to relax and spend time with DH! 

R/R? Progesterone is both a rant & a rave...I feel like it made a difference in my temps, which is a good sign...but it gave me false hope this cycle! I know for the future not to get excited just based on how my chart looks though! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? None right now. 

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure song that you’d be mortified to have others overhear you singing along to? Oh man, not sure that I have one...

@ttcbabyodo I’m sorry the cramping & bleeding is continuing, but so glad that it doesn’t seem like a D&C is needed! When will you go back in for BW to test down your HCG? That’s good that your testing has all come back negative so far! Yay for being on track with your capstone, that is wonderful!! 

@NEBride1016 so sorry for your loss!! Glad you had some distractions to help you get through things! 

@emeraldduchess I’m so sorry for the Christmas trigger!! I’m so incredibly hopeful for this IUI for you though!! Sending all the positive vibes your way!  

*Edited to add @ttcbabyodo I’m so sorry, I just read your post in FFFC!! I’m sorry you had to go through that alone yesterday, and then face a trigger today!! Sending all the hugs your way!! 💜💜💜
  • @bluetickgal - I go in every Wednesday morning for a blood draw to track my HCG levels. This past Wednesday I was at around 1,100. Since I had the procedure done yesterday, I'm guessing it'll drop even more by next week.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022