June 2020 Moms

Group 4 (6/21-6/30) weekly check in | week of 10.28

(If I'm stealing someone's thunder, let me know! It didn't look like we'd established who is covering which threads yet)

How many weeks?

Current symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?

Re: Group 4 (6/21-6/30) weekly check in | week of 10.28

• How many weeks? 6 weeks today!

Current symptoms? Tired and sore boobs still. Last night I felt really nauseous/refluxy when I tried to go to sleep - ended up falling asleep propped up in an almost sitting position. I also have a bad head cold right now so I’m not sure what symptoms are because of that vs pregnancy

Rants/Raves/Questions? Work is so busy right now, so I’ve been doing a ton of overtime, and it’s making me even more run down.

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? My ex boyfriend actually connected us lol. My now-husband has just moved to town and didn’t know anybody. He thought maybe we’d just hook up a few times. 10 years later, that obviously didn’t turn out how he expected 😂
  • @bbluemoo - hearburn is the wooooorst! When mine was that bad, plain (or vanilla) yogurt topped with honey really helped when meds wouldn't. Also... What do you do for work? If you don't mind sharing, of course.

How many weeks?
    5+6

Current symptoms? the start of some nausea but I'm hoping that was just an isolated incident. I'm not ready for that yet. I was nauseous/had food aversions my ENTIRE pregnancy last time. It sucks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just got a call back from my RE for my first beta results. She said I'm "very pregnant" haha.... apparently my numbers were in the high 300's and that's good for when my transfer was.... That embryo better not split into twins  😂

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? We worked together for many years in high school, both had little crushes on each other but at least one of us was always in a relationship. When we were finally both single, that was that! So, we've been together for 12ish years now. Married for 5 :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks? 6 weeks today!

Current symptoms? Mostly tired, sore boobs. Cramps seem to have calmed down a bit, as has bloating which is nice. Haven't had much nausea yet, which is starting to make me paranoid that something is wrong.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Babysat over the weekend and started thinking...how on earth am I supposed to get home, cook dinner, and get the kid in bed by 8pm? Is that when they're supposed to go to bed?? We currently eat dinner at 8! How does this all work?! (Note: this is more of a freakout than a question, but tips from current mamas are welcome)

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? In a VBA programming class that our respective company/agency sent us to. The class itself was pretty worthless, I don't think either of us learned anything. I was still "on call" for work and they wouldn't let us check email in the classroom, so he started a conversation while I was at the non-classroom computer. Took me a full day to realize that he may be flirting, and not just talking to me because I was one of only two other people under 50 years old in the class, then I freaked out trying to figure out what to wear since I looked gross the first couple of days (I was moving and may have been stretching time between showers and laundry) but didn't want to look like I was trying too hard. I generally don't talk to people when at training courses, preferring to run off to my book at lunchtime, and he's a huge introvert, so honestly I'm not sure how we actually managed to work out a conversation and then setting up a first date.
  • @blaf322 Congrats on a good beta! My first one was in the high 300's too. 

How many weeks?
    6+1

Current symptoms? Exhausted, sore boobs, nausea is coming and going. And today I started feeling a little lightheaded/dizzy when I first woke up.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My DS saw me looking at a pregnancy app on my phone and it had a little cartoonish picture of what the baby looks like at this stage. He asked me what that was. And though I'd love to have said that's what the baby in mommies belly looks like, it is just too early for me to tell him, *TW* with my loss history and bleeding scare this past weekend /*TW* So I just said that's what a baby looks like when it's really really small. But I so can't wait to finally be able to tell him he gets to be a big brother. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @akoros - Don't stress about your schedule yet. Your current schedule will be flipped on it's head and you guys will figure it out. I swear! Re: schedule- everyone's schedule is different. My daughter was asleep by 7pm as a baby and still goes to bed by 7:30-8pm as a 3yo. We used Moms On Call and altered the start of day to accommodate what worked best for our schedules and that put her in bed by 7pm. I have friends whose kids are up until 9pm and it works for them. You'll definitely figure it out!

@hanshotfirst77 - how are things going after this weekend? How are you feeling? I couldn't get the app to load over the weekend so I didn't realize you had a scare this weekend!

• How many weeks?  5+3

Current symptoms? Holy fatigue, Batman. Low grade nausea, super nose, and sore boobs.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm waiting to hear from my thesis committee about final approval, and starting to unwind from the crazy stress of the last three months. I'm also starting to feel excited about this pregnancy and about DS becoming a big brother. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? My best friend moved back to town and a bunch of our NorCal friends helped him nice down. The friends called my DH to come to the house warming party, and I was irritated because he showed up late and hadn't helped carry anything up three flights of stairs but still ate our food. I guess I got over that because our 10th anniversary is on Nov 7th! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn haha... earn your food DH! :wink: Happy anniversary!!
    Have you tried taking Unisom (doxylamine) at night? That always helped the low grade nausea I had with DD at least some.
  • @hanshotfirst77 🤞 that you'll be having that big brother chat soon and for a healthy 9 months.

@bbluemoo I hope the heartburn quiets down. That's so uncomfortable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @blaf322 Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't taken anything and I didn't with DS because it's tolerable. If I eat something small every couple hours and sip weak peppermint tea all day, it usually doesn't get past that "I'm on a boat" feeling. ⛵ 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn oh good! I'm glad it's not bad!!
  • @blaf322 Thanks, I'm doing better now. I'm still a little freaked but beyond relieved my bloodwork was good and ultrasound Saturday showed a growing healthy baby with a heartbeat! I'm hoping it was just a SCH or something (I've heard these are common with IVF) but RE couldn't find any reason for the bleeding. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 I'm so glad everything looks good! Grow baby grow!
  • How many weeks? 5 weeks

Current symptoms? crampy, boated, and really cloudy

Rants/Raves/Questions? TW: I need to schedule my first appointment, I'm nervous because I've had MC before and I have a feeling they won't want to get me in early to make sure everything's ok. Anyone have advice on how to convey your worry without sounding too pushy? I might have to just pick a different doctor if they are weird. On my last MC my doctor showed no sympathy, it was really early on but I was in her office crying and she just didn't give a single crap or offer any advice or assistance. She retired now, but the whole practice gives me bad vibes now...

• @blaf322 Thank you! I know it's too early to think about this, just can't help it. I've also been significantly worried about future lack of sleep (I'm the type who almost cries when my alarm goes off prior to 6:30), but just telling myself that hormones and necessity change everything... 
  • @QueenDaenerysT I hope you can get in early. What are you hoping for with the appt (labs, US, something else)? I don't have any real experience here, however, I feel that their biggest concern would be getting insurance coverage so maybe if you can speak to that concern/talk to them about using your history to justify the visit?

• @blaf322 I typically hate yogurt but I might have to try that just to see if it’ll help. I work as a meat inspector so fingers are crossed that the sights/smells at my work don’t eventually make me sick.
  • @akoros Sleep will never be the same. But you'll find ways to cope, and you'll find a new normal. I hate mornings but DS loves 530a wake ups. 🤦 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bbluemoo - try milk first if you don't like yogurt. It made mine worse but yogurt made my friend's worse... so who knows what's best. DH just found the yogurt thing when I was pg with DD and it was a life saver!

OMG... the meat! I think I'd die... but I'm weird about raw meat as it is, so that doesn't say much lol
  • @QueenDaenerysT I'm guessing this is with an OB not an RE? I hope they can get you in sooner to ease some of your fears. At least maybe you can convince them to let you do betas.

@akoros I agree with the others sleep and schedules will not be like it is now, but you will find a new normal for what works for you guys and you'll get used to it. I used to always love sleeping in and tbh sleeping in to me now is like waking up after 7 lol 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• How many weeks? 5+3

Current symptoms? Nothing much the last day or two really. Bloated but that's not unusual when I eat something I shouldn't and I don't think I can take gasex. Not that I want to be miserable but I just wish I had something so I knew my little orange seed is in there and growing 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I have a few probably dumb questions. Is it possible to get the app to give you notifications when you're tagged or replied to or anything?
    Two, is it possible to still work on losing weight while your pregnant? I really wanted to lose at least 20lbs before I got pregnant and it didn't happen. If I continue to eat healthily at a deficit, is it possible to lose any extra weight or is it a lost cause? I gained a ton of weight in the last year and now that I'm pregnant I have a fear of never getting rid of it :-/
    Three, is there an easy way to find a local but secret Facebook group for moms to be? I'd like to find people nearby but don't want to announce I'm pregnant yet by joining a closed group and having it show up on people's timelines.

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? To make a long story short, his SIL was my coworker and introduced us :). (what does gtky mean?? SOOO many acronyms!!)
  • @SpartanCat Hi there, due date buddy. Losing weight is something to talk to your OB about. Typically, it's not encouraged but there are some cases where it's okay. Focusing on a healthy 9 months, and recovery, and then planning for a healthy lifestyle as a family is likely your best bet.

GTKY: getting to know you 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2019
    @SpartanCat - I would talk to a nutritionist about what a healthy caloric intake looks like at each stage of pregnancy and how to best manage your weight. I wouldn't imagine anyone is going to recommend you eat at a deficit. Your baby is way more important than those lbs so try to keep that in mind. All that said, I wasn't trying, but dealt with nausea the entire time so I only gained 7lbs with my last pregnancy... which put me down about 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight walking out of the hospital. So, I bet if you speak to someone, you can determine what's best, given your current size, and go from there. ETA- I'm overweight so no one was concerned that I wasn't gaining.

GTKY means getting to know you. I think there's an official list somewhere, but here's the list I could find with the commonly used acronyms... you'll get used to them and get better at inferring meaning. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12135597/acronyms
  • @kyrwyn thanks I will talk to my OB about it at my first appointment

@blaf322 that's a good point as well. I definitely want the baby to come first, I guess I was wondering if you could do both :) thanks for the acronym link! I was hoping there was a resource somewhere
  • @blaf322 I had chocolate milk like maybe an hour before bed because that’s all that sounds good right now lol. But I’ll try it later if I’m feeling the same way tonight.

Yeah most pregnant ladies have said that they would die but so far so good 🤞 It’s a disgusting job and has had me gagging before being pregnant but hopefully it doesn’t bother me during pregnancy. My doctor said we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it because idk how I’d do my job if it starts to make me sick 🤷🏻‍♀️ Guess I’d be off on medical leave or something 
  • How many weeks? 6wks today

Current symptoms? Nausea off and on today started more on then off which is consistent with my first pregnancy, occasional sore breast, fatigue and insomnia which don't go well together

Rants/Raves/Questions? Sooo ready for our US appointment Thursday. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? We were high school sweet hearts and we started dating after I broke up with one of his best friends and have been together since we were 15 and 16 yrs old. 
  • @ReneeJ2011 good luck thus Thursday! Let us know how it goes!!
  • How many weeks?
    6 weeks and 1 day

Current symptoms?
    Nausea and headaches are coming in now. I'm also extremely tired all the time. I can't even think straight lol. Also, I'm a emotional rollercoaster, but the main emotion is anger and annoyance. I hate it for my DH.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: These hormones will literally be the death of me. Absolutely everything is making me mad! Even stuff that normally wouldn't bother me. I was nowhere near this bad when I was pregnant with DD. It's awful. I'm sick of being around myself.
    Also, my daughter wallers on me so much when I'm trying to get her asleep. She tortures my already hurting boobs aamd belly 😭

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?
    I was working at Papa John's in high school when DH came in to pick up a pizza. We made eyeballs at one another for a little bit, but never spoke. About a week later he found me on Facebook and th res is history ❤️
  • @mommallama17 - solidarity sister... it's like DD knows something is up b/c she just wants to be alllll over me lately. It's totally out of character for her.
  • How many weeks? 6 Weeks today

Current symptoms? Sore boobs and the nausea is starting. I'm especially worried about the nausea because last time I was pregnant, I was diagnosed with HG and threw up every single day for my entire pregnancy. My doctor won't let me have Zofran until after the first trimester, but without it I was throwing up between 5-20 times a day. Over 80% of people with HG have it subsequent pregnancies so I have a feeling these next few weeks are going to be rough.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone else having crazy dreams? For the past few nights I have been having the weirdest dreams. In last night's dream, doctors wanted replace my leg bones with pumpkins and then give my leg bones to someone else. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? He was dating one of my best friends. It's not as scandalous as it sounds. They dated for a year in high school but remained friends. He and I got together about 10 years later. My best friend was in the wedding :wink:
  • @lilaros omg... HG sounds horrible! I'm so sorry! Are you taking anything else to help between now and when you can start on zofran? Or is it just pointless?
  • I got my OB intake appointment scheduled and it's not until 11/26 -- practically Thanksgiving! It's going to be a long, long wait. Does anyone else have a long wait until their first appointment?  Asking here, because it seems most likely for us group 4 mamas. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  @kyrwyn I felt like mine was a super long wait (11/13, but I made the appointment on 10/14 so at the time it was a month away). 
  • @kyrwyn I'm expecting to go in the week before you (based on what my RE said). It seems so far away!
  • @blaf322 I go in the week before to fill out paperwork and have labs drawn. They just don't see anyone until 8-11 weeks at this office, period, end of story.  At least it won't be that long between our first visits and end of first tri, right? :) 

@akoros Only a couple more weeks! <3 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn our first one is Nov 6 but no ultrasound until dec 30th *cries* puts a bit of a wrench in my "announce pregnancy with Christmas card" plan
  • @SpartanCat if you REALLY want to do a holiday card announcement, you can totally get an US from one of those US places that do them just for people who want extra/want the 4D ones but aren't high risk.
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    edited October 2019
    @blaf322 to be honest I could take or leave the ultrasound photo for the *announcement* itself (I have a super cute idea around our last name), it's more of wanting the confirmation that everything is okay before sending it out to everyone. Even then it's the ten week mark so still a little early based on conventional timelines
  • How many weeks? 6 weeks, 1 day

Current symptoms? Nothing much, other than being tired. But I also have a 2yo contributing to that. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?Had our first appt today, saw the baby and it had a flickering heartbeat. Healthy so far. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? Family friends. I actually went to high school with his nephew. And his niece and I became good friends before we started dating. His sister and my mom were best friends too (he has a big age gap between his sister). 
  • lurking here

@QueenDaenerysT If you're not 100% sure about it being the right provider, I would switch. My first pregnancy and birth went really bad from me ignoring signs that we weren't a good fit. With history of early loss, a good provider, IMHO will at least run some blood hormone levels. Without a history, I get why they don't. 

@SpartanCat Just echoing others, it can be dangerous to intentionally lose while pregnant, for you and baby. My IRL friend was overweight, but had HG, and ended pregnancy 20 lbs less than she started, then had baby, lost more. But at end of pregnancy had to have a bunch of iron infusion IVs just to keep her alive, and had a really hard time recovering her strength after birth. Definitely talk to your doctor, but restricting calories will just pull your reserves out of muscles and bones and organs for baby's needs. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker