February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/21 - 10/27

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/21 - 10/27

• I scheduled my glucose test for the Monday before thanksgiving too. They gave me the juice boxes and instructions today. I swear I was super tempted to drink them right away in my car. They're just regular organic grape juice boxes and I remember last time thinking they were freaking delicious.
  • @ibabyloveb87 blech!! Just thinking of the 3-hour makes me gaggy and my throat burn.
  • Loading the player...
  • @craftywitch umm I want juice boxes. I didn’t hate the drink...I was just hungry! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • At my OB appt today, she commented on my weight gain so now I’m all blah. She just told me to keep an eye on it but still. 

Also, tomorrow is our ultrasound follow up and consult with MFM and I’m super nervous 😬
  • @ibabyloveb87 since I did a 3 hour at the beginning (had some high numbers in my initial bloodwork) the dr said she's just gonna make me take the 3 hour one again. Which is fine.  I didn't hate it. I'll just remember to bring my work stuff instead of a book! 
  • @ibabyloveb87 they gave me the "drink" to take an hour before my next appt (Nov) whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL I have a very similar struggle with body image and weight. Mine is more about the fact that my dad and brother are quite overweight and so my mom can sometimes get super obsessed with calories. I know she means well, but it isn't super helpful. I have also gained most of what the doctor had initially suggested was a good weight gain, but last time I saw her she said I am still good because I have been gaining at the rate they recommend. I figure, like your midwife, at least if it's veggies and fruits the baby is getting a lot of good nutrients. 🤷‍♀️
  • @babyroma That is seriously so sweet!  <3
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • 22ksi222ksi2 member
    edited October 2019
    I lost nearly 80 lbs before getting pregnant. It was on that huge list of “clean up your diet. Clean up your products. Lose weight” as all of the “easier” (eye roll - since we know it isn’t that simple) ways of trying to get pregnant. I maintained that lower weight for about 2 years beforehand. I know have to chill out when I see the weight climbing but I can’t say it’s comfortable. I keep telling myself we can do it again. 

@mandk1233 My family is the same. Everyone is overweight and I have to remind them and myself that I lost the weight so I could get pregnant. I know this is part of it. 
  • @bg122785 Great news!!! So happy for you! 
    TW
  • @jvk2012 Glad to hear things are looking good so far! FX for typical fluid and continued on-track growth.
  • @jvk2012 fingers crossed for all the future check ups to continue to look good! 

• @jvk2012 I'm so glad things are looking up! I hope he continues to grow properly and that everything matures as it should :)
  • @jvk2012 Yay for more positive results. Will be praying the trend continues and nothing is wrong with his digestive system. 
  • Oh no. My mom called the venue for the baby shower yesterday to give them final numbers and they called her back today saying the small party barn our shower was supposed to be in is still not finished with renovations. They got hit by a tornado back in June, and told my mom when she scheduled in August they told her it would definitely be finished by now! She just called me almost in tears to tell me we're going to have to move the location. How exactly are we supposed to find a location in less than a week!? 
  • @babyroma I'm really sorry to hear the venue won’t be ready! Are there any hotels that have meeting rooms you could use? An arena with a “party” space? Our swimming pool has a party room. Any schools that rent out their gyms for party’s? 
  • @babyroma I can’t believe they didn’t call before she called them! That’s not good for business..... I’m glad she could find somewhere else. I’m sure it will still be lovely!! 
  • @babyroma Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you had to do a last minute scramble. Glad a venue was secured, though! 
    TW
  • @babyroma I’m glad your mom found another venue! I would be super ticked that they hadn’t called earlier!