Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS week of 10/28

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is/are your LO(s) going to be for Halloween?

Re: TFAS week of 10/28

• @tyrion_ your weekend at Disney sounds fun! Glad you got a much needed TTC mental break.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Still eelingf optimistic but also trying not to let my hopes get too high, especially after a BFN this morning. Struggling to keep the SS BSC in check.

Any questions? Nope

R/R: I took DD to trunk or treat in the town where I teach. My students were ecstatic to meet her. She was a bit of a grump but it's because I made the mistake of not feeding her dinner before we went so she was hangry. Other than the grumpiness, it went pretty well. I've definitely learned that I'll be pushing DD in her little car or stroller for trick-or-treating on Thursday though.
    Also we have officially entered the "mine!" stage of toddlerhood 🙃.

GTKY: What is/are your LO(s) going to be for Halloween? I really wanted to have a cat costume but didn't want to spend $60 in a costume she'd only wear once or twice. I ended up getting a unicorn princess dress from Walmart. Little goober won't wear the head band part though 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • @tyrion_ I’m glad your TTC break has been helping you! Have so much fun at Disney! Are you staying on property?

@gingermama29 I bet YD was the cutest grumpy headbandless unicorn though!  I’m sorry for the BFN, 10 DPO was too early for me when I was pregnant with DD (temping so I was sure of O date) so you are definitely not out!

Month/Cycle? Cycle 12

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 23 months 😭

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not sure why it would be different from the rest but hopeful enough that I’ll be sad about a BFN tomorrow. 

Any questions? DH’s SA is tomorrow and even though I expect it to be fine, it will be nice to know for sure. My RE ordered the test, so should the results come to my portal?

Rant/Rave/Brag: We did absolutely nothing during the day Saturday and it was amazing. Just hung out and played with DD and watched movies. That’s the one nice thing about colder weather, everything seems to calm down a little and we stay in and relax more. We definitely needed it. We felt a little guilty after because of all of the TV but oh well. There are worse things! 

GTKY: DD is going to be Boo from Monsters Inc. DH recorded it on the DVR at some point and DD just loves it, especially Boo. I thought it would be good because it’s just a dress/leggings with pigtails so it’s not a costume that she will try to take off or refuse to wear. However I didn’t realize how old the movie is and that absolutely no one would know who she is, even with DH and I wearing Sulley and Mike Wazowski t shirts. Oh well, I still think it’s adorable!

• What number are you trying for? 2nd THB

Month/Cycle? 10/8

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 16 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm hopeful! I got our SA results back last week Friday and they showed vast improvement!! Still not fantastic, but on the very bottom edge of normal. Such a relief. So we are going to continue trying on our own until next year and then revisit starting treatment (we now qualify for IUI - the first SA was too low). 

Any questions? Not at the moment 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We booked a trip to Norway next spring/summer, but then I talked to my parents and they might be in Alaska the same time, so I need to figure out if we can find care for DS. Also, if I get KU this month (or maybe next) we will need to cancel the trip, so we got insurance. We decided we weren't going to avoid though, since it hasnt happened in the last 6 months. 

We spent Saturday and Sunday with the inlaws, it was good to hang out and DS loves playing there and his cousins were over all day Saturday too. 

GTKY: What is/are your LO(s) going to be for Halloween? Either an elephant or a sea otter, but most likely the sea otter. Sea otter is too big, but elephant is too small - they were both either free or like $5 so we will just make it work. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @tyrion_ I know you always get crap for living in FL, but right now I am so jealous that you are doing the Disney HM! That's been on my bucket list for so long now. Although at the rate I'm going, I won't get back into running for like another decade! Have fun, friend!!

@gingermama29 sorry for the BFN, but to echo others, FX it's just too early! Don't give up on July quite yet!

@bows22 hope the SA comes back excellent! And Omg, Boo is literally one of the best Disney/Pixar characters, IMHO. I hope the kids still watch that show, it's so good. It's one of the like three movies that my DD has seen (she has no attention span for movies 😂).

@millpe here's hoping you have to cancel that trip 😉. But seriously, Norway would be amazing!! I guess it's an okay consolation.

Month/cycle: 16/20 (maybe around there)

WTO/TWW: TWW

Ages of other children: 3 😭

Thoughts about this cycle? Well it's my first TWW on progesterone post-IUI. I'm not feeling great about it, I feel like the timing was all wrong. I'm losing hope that IUI will work, but maybe IVF? Idk.

Any questions? Nope, not right now! 

Rant/rave/brag: You gies. I put my blood, sweat, and tears into making costumes for me and DD for Halloween (Anna and Elsa, which is what she wanted to be). I finally finished my dress last week and tried it on for a final "fitting" and she said "I don't like your skirt, I don't like your cape." it crushed my soul a little bit. But I think it looks surprisingly great and obsviously I'm wearing it anyway. Maybe I'll post pics later in the week.

GTKY: see above, lol. We make a good Anna and Elsa bc I'm blond (although my roots are a little too dark atm to be totally believable 😂) and she's got a reddish tinge to her hair. I just hope the snow (??!!) melts before then! 
  • I just want to say that I have a really great feeling that July is going to be a wonderful BMB filled with so many of us!!!

What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 13/11/2 (AL #2)

WTO/TWW? WTO - which is today!

Ages of other child(ren)? 7

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm feeling really great!! We had our second IUI this morning and everything went smoothly! I had 2 mature follies (on Saturday they were 23mm and 22mm and they keep growing even after doing the trigger shot) and MH numbers this morning were really great too.  So kind of like that I released 2 eggs, increasing our chance that one of them will be fertilized. I gave his swimmers a pep talk again on the way to the RE's office, so hopefully they listen to their future mama!

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Charleston is BEAUTIFUL!!! We had such an amazing time and we couldn't have gotten away at more of a perfect time. We needed to get away together and it was wonderful. We ate waaaaaaay too much, so much so that I am still recovering from all the food we ate, but it was just too good not to eat it all!

GTKY: What is/are your LO(s) going to be for Halloween? Pman is going to be Super Mario riding an inflatable yoshi! It's supposed to rain all day on Halloween here and I am really hoping the weather changes!

@tyrion_ I am so happy you got the mental break you needed! That was smart of you to do what you needed to do for yourself. <3

@gingermama29 Trunk or Treats are so fun! It was honestly a great moment for your students to meet your daughter! What grade do you teach again?

@bows22 I am keeping everything crossed for you that this is finally it for you!!! Is your portal through your RE or through your OB? My RE doesn't have a portal so they call with all of the results, or they can email through a secure email server.  MH got his results pretty quickly, like the next day I want to say?

@millpe Norway?!?!! That's amazing!!!  Good for you guys and I'm happy you aren't putting stuff like that off anymore! You should be able to still live your life while TTC!

@jennifer_louise children are so nice, aren't they?!  I am sure she will get more excited about it all as the day approaches. 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bows22 I hope we have a big graduation with all of us storming the July BMB. I love your costume choices! Monsters University came out not that long ago so I think people will know who you all are.

@millpe so glad to hear about the results! Norway sounds fun! I hope you have to cancel and reschedule though! 😉

@jennifer_louise love the costume choices. Hahaha 3 year olds have no filter at all. Hopefully she grows to like it. I'm so impressed by people who make their own costumes.

@kpearse99 it would be so awesome to all be on the same BMB together!! Crossing everything! I teach K-6 grade music/chorus. 
  • mamaslothmamasloth member
    edited October 2019

Month/Cycle? 10, 1 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? First cycle after MC, so I'm trying to to feel hopeful. I forgot that I have trouble sleeping when I take Clomid, so I'll be taking Tylenol PM tonight.

Any questions? n/a

Rant/Rave/Brag: I feel like we've been potty training forever, but DS just hasn't figured out #2 and I'm sooo tired of cleaning up poop. On the other hand, I love getting a round of applause and a "you did it!" whenever he sees me go pee.  :D

GTKY: What is/are your LO(s) going to be for Halloween? Elmo, which he's been wearing 2-3 times per week. I have a feeling it will be worn until it turns to dust. The forecast calls for mid 80s and thunderstorms, so I'll probably be carrying around a soggy, disgruntled Elmo on Thursday.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • kmallskmalls member
    edited October 2019
    @tyrion_ so glad taking a break is helping. TTC is so damn stressful and it’s hard to remember sometimes that it’s ok to stop and catch our breath for a minute. Unrelated: so many of my friends have done Disney halfs/marathons! I went to college just outside of Orlando and am so jealous of everyone I know still in the area. Good luck! 

@gingermama29 ughhh I’m sorry for the BFN this morning, but like everyone else I think it’s too early. Also: can you explain trunk or treat to me? I see people talking about it all the time but I have no idea what it is! 

@bows22 girl, you’re right. There are WAY worse things than too much TV on a cold day. Glad you enjoyed the weekend! 

@millpe that’s great about the SA! It must feel like such a win! 

@jennifer_louise aren’t 3 year olds the best :| There’s no rhyme or reason to their likes/dislikes and they change by the hour. Hopefully she gets it together for Halloween! My 3 year old is OBSESSED with Frozen, I bet you two look adorable! 

@kpearse99 hooray for a smooth IUI! So glad you gave the swimmers a pep talk, that helped for sure! 
  • What number are you trying for? 4 

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5, 3, 19 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Timing was great, but loss brain prevents any hopes from invading too much. Just a waiting game right now. 

Any questions? You’d think I’d never done this before, ha. So as most know, it’s my first cycle post-IUD removal. I ovulated a few days later than normal (pre-IUD, that is) so do I wait a few extra days to test? Typically I’ve gotten reliable answers by 9 or 10dpo. Does that change with later ovulation? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Ummm rave and then rant? DS (4.5) went to a bday party on Sunday. The invite said drop-off optional. We were so psyched because the birthday kid has been in DS’s preschool classes for 2+ years, so we know the family and totally trust them. They live right near a winery, so we dropped off DS and high-tailed it to the winery with the younger two. When it came time to pick up, it was CLEAR we were the only parents that didn’t stay :# Nobody made it weird, but like...do they think we hate our kid? Ugh parenting is such a minefield! 

GTKY: What is/are your LO(s) going to be for Halloween? Scary skeleton, Belle, a baby cheetah. 
  • kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited October 2019
    @kmalls I totally would have done the drop off thing too!! DS is 7 now... so why are birthday parties still about the parents staying?! 😂 to answer question you would just start counting DPO after your O day, like you normally would. But yes, that would make your cycle longer than what you were used to before. 

@mamasloth potty training number 2 is so hard!! I hope you get some sleep tonight! 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mamasloth ugh I dread potty training. I hope he masters it soon!

@kmalls our truck or treat was set up in a park, but I've seen them in parking lots at churches etc. People decorate their cars/trunks and pass out candy and kids go from car to car trick-or-treating. It's usually on a weekend and offers a nice alternative to going on Halloween. I think we're still planning on it but the weather is supposed to be crappy so we'll see. Sorry about the drop off thing. 
  • @gingermama29 fingers crossed for you this cycle! 

@bows22 I am! But I don’t remember which one 😂 I’m staying with friends and then we are all running together. I’m hopeful for you. I would love to see you graduate from here (selfishly, I’d miss you but totally worth it). Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning! 

@millpe So exciting about your husbands results! Amazing! I hope you have to cancel your trip and I mean that in the best way possible! 

@jennifer_louise Oh ,man. Kids just have that ability to stab us in the heart with words. I bet the costume looks great! I hope you do share a pic with us. And the only benefit of living here is Disney and all the fun stuff we get to do there. The rest, like 95 degrees today, sucks. 

@kpearse99 Am I being selfish for hoping both those follies meet the sperm?! Eeeek! I hope this is it for you! 

@mamasloth poop was a bit of a struggle for my son, too. Hopefully it clicks for him soon! 

@kmalls Where’d you go to college? Those races are addicting and $$$. My husband would prefer I find a new hobby 🤪

• @tyrion_ DH has always “joked” about us having twins so who knows 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I used to tell him to shut up and to never wish that but now, after everything we’ve been through, I would know that we would figure it out!  He looked at me this morning before the IUI and said (in reference to the two eggs) “you know what this means don’t You? I told you it’s gonna to happen!” Hahaha BUT, I’m convincing myself that having two follies released is just doubling my chances of one sticking hahaha that’s my thinking and I’m sticking to it!
    Our TTC Journey

• @millpe that’s wonderful news about the SA! Good for you for booking the trip, I’m sure you’ll figure out the logistics

@jennifer_louise  omg to your DD🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m sure she will come around. It’s probably because it doesn’t look identical to a cartoon cape and skirt🙄. You guys are going to have so much fun! Thanks for the Boo reassurance. We went to a Halloween thing with my BFF and her family and she was like I have no idea who you guys are...I showed my brother a pic, same reaction. They both have 6 year olds! They are missing out. 

@kpearse99 my RE and OB are part of the same health system so it’s all the same portal. I just wasn’t sure if DH would get the results or if I would. Hopefully it’s me haha. I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip! It’s supposed to rain here on Halloween too and I’m bummed. I think DD will like staying home and handing out candy but I’m afraid we won’t get many kids! 

@mamasloth your description of your rainy Halloween made me laugh but I hope that it doesn’t come true. I also hope you can get some sleep🙂

@kmalls I think you could still get a positive at 9 dpo....or you could also not get one until 12 dpo. I think it’s just different with every pregnancy/when you implant/the batch of HPTs. That’s at least what I’ve gathered from being on here. 
  • @tyrion_ I went to Rollins in Winter Park. We’ve been talking about taking a kid-free couple of days down there for reunion weekend in March, and I’m realllllly hoping it works out! I actually love central FL. 
  • @kmalls Ahhhh small world! I live 3 miles from Rollins! 
  • @tyrion_ awesome! I miss living there so much! 
  • DS is obsessed with Minecraft so we made a Creeper pumpkin this year! 

Our TTC Journey

• @jennifer_louise oh my gosh your dress is so perfect! I can’t believe you made that! Glad you guys had a great time!

DD wasnt too interested in trick or treating, we went to 2 houses and she was done. So we came home and handed out candy which she loved. She loved her “costume” so much and insisted on wearing it to bed (which is fine, especially since it’s basically PJs haha)

• @kpearse99 you guys are adorable!! 
  • @jennifer_louise, are you for real with that?! It’s amazing! 

@kpearse99 You guys are precious! 
  • @tyrion_ @bows22 @kpearse99 thanks, friends. You're so sweet. I promise my craftsmanship looks much better from.far away than from close up. (:

@kpearse99 adorable!!

@bows22 I had the same experience with DD. Halloween keeps getting more and more fun as she gets older. I saw a Sully costume yesterday and thought about you!