June 2020 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements!

*Lifted from May bmb*

How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  
How did you tell your partner?
Who will you tell next?
Why are you waiting (or not waiting) to tell?
How and when are you telling those you work with?
Are you making a social media announcement?

We all have different ideas.  There is not right and wrong, there is only what is right for you and your partner.  Share your plans here.  Share the reactions (good and bad) that you get here. 

Re: Pregnancy Announcements!

• I've actually already told many people. If I have a loss, I'm not going to be quiet about it. That's just how I roll.

I've told my boss & 1 coworker, my best friend, and my online friends. 
    Parents are next -- my inlaws this weekend in person & my parents whenever I actually see them in person again...IDK when that will be.

Just told him when he came downstairs in the morning lol

Who will you tell next?
    Inlaws

I'm a blabbermouth? I'm very open about my life & if we have a loss, I will be vocal about it. I do want to tell my parents/inlaws in person though, so that's why they don't know yet.

I told my boss & 1 coworker & the HR person already. I was planning to wait until after the first ultrasound to tell "everyone" on my team. Though they may already know.

Yes - we'll do that around Thanksgiving probably...idk I might wait til after the 12-week heartbeat check that I think happens. But probably not. Probably just do it at Thanksgiving.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• kberm3kberm3 member
    edited October 2019
    Edited because DD somehow hit a button and made it post before I was done typing...

How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  With our first, we didn’t tell anyone until 9 weeks and then started telling our families in person at 11-12 weeks along.  Many of our friends didn’t find out until I was closer to 15 weeks along.  There was something fun about it just being our little secret for a while!    I hope to do it similarly this time but it’ll be trickier because my parents live right near us now so may not be as easy to hide.  We had scheduled a family photo session before I was pregnant that will be happening around 8 weeks along.  I’m hoping we can have the photographer shoot an announcement photo that we can use to tell family.  I was thinking we could find an excuse to give them a few photos from something and just slide the announcement in the middle and watch their reactions.

How did you tell your partner?  I walked out of the bathroom after POAS and asked him to confirm the squinter because I didn’t know if my eyes were deceiving me.  When I had a clear positive after a MOTN pee a week later I just left it on our bathroom counter for him to find when he got up in the morning.  Haha

Who will you tell next?  My sister.  She was the first to get told last time because she lives across the country and I wanted and would like again for her to be there for the birth so she needed lots of notice to be able to block it off on her work schedule!

We’re pretty private people and like to just take these early weeks to ourselves to enjoy it as a family.

How and when are you telling those you work with? SAHM so n/a

Are you making a social media announcement?  Maybe but if we do it won’t be until way later.  I don’t share a ton on social media.
  • Loading the player...
  • How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  
    Already told a ton of people, our parents, best friends, siblings.

I asked him if he thought our oldest would prefer a brother or sister for his birthday.

Who will you tell next?
    Next will be more extended family and friends. I bought shirts that I will paint with big sister, and super big brother. We'll tajd aa picture of kids. text it to plenty of people.

A-because I'd rather have support if I have to go through loss, I hate having to be fake happy. B-I get symptoms and growing belly super fast, so it doesn't hide well. C-With this one being unplanned I'm enjoying the support of being able to talk through my feelings with people. There's a lot of love for this baby, but a lot of shock and struggles to come for their first few years.

N/A

Are you making a social media announcement? Yup, probably just a couple days after our family and friend text. I'll post the photo.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  Maybe around Thanksgiving unless I snap sooner at family to tell them to give me a break. 

I bought a cute shirt for DD to wear the day I found out and then had to wait until Tuesday to tell him because I worked all weekend and he had a double even on Monday. 

Who will you tell next?
    No clue.

Waiting because we havent even had an ultrasound yet. My family is going through it's own crisis which is making it hard on me since I'm doing some coordinating, running around and emotion support for it.  Thought of waiting until Thanksgiving but I think I may be showing by then. 

I work as a RN and there are patients that we cannot take while pregnant, I told one work friend when I found out because of the patient the day before asking if I was. 

Idk, with DS we did, it was a family thing since I already had a daughter who he took as his own.  This time I'm not sure, possibly a quick family picture of the youngest wearing his big brother shirt . 
    I told my best friend and her fiancé because we are visiting them on vacation, and I couldn’t fake drink for a week. My parents and in-laws we will tell after first ultrasound, and then probably siblings and friends around 12 weeks.

I asked DS if he’d like to be a big brother. 

Who will you tell next?
    my parents! I’m dying to tell my mom. 

Neither DH or I enjoy being the center of attention and are pretty private, so don’t generally share right away. 

I will probably tell my boss first, at 12 weeks, unless there is some reason I have to tell her earlier. Co-workers after that, when I start showing, probably.

i don’t know, I never did with DS. Hmmm...

I'm a little nervous so I will be holding off from making it too public.  I'd like to surprise our extended family by combining the announcement with our Christmas cards. 

Insert guilty wife face... I am nervous to tell him in case something was wrong and couldn't decide how to do it.  I just purchased him a shirt and book and will probably tell him Sunday because I don't think I can hold it in for two more weeks until my ultrasound.

Who will you tell next?
    Husband, Mom, and Pilates instructor are next to know as they all need to know early.

I want to savor it a little without being overwhelmed by all the advice by well-meaning people.  Also, I've had a rough year as we lost my Dad in June so it took me a little to be okay with being pregnant without him here. 

Because of how my department is structured, I have 3 supervisors.  I will tell them for scheduling and HR purposes once I get to 12/13 weeks (mid November).  I don't intend to tell everyone else until much later.

It will probably come out at Christmas when family pictures go up if I'm showing by then.  I don't know that I will specifically make an announcement versus just let people figure it out. 

Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
    For now me and my hubby are just keeping it hush hush for a while. Not sharing with the public. 

How did you tell your partner? I told my DH that evening when he got home from work on the day I found out. I got a wooden box from the dollar store and filled it with tissue paper and bought a baby onesie that said “ coming soon sleepless nights” and my digital preg test and put that in the box and also a little card card that says: Hi Daddy! can’t wait to meet you. June, 2020. I wrapped all that up with wrapping paper and a bow and gave it to him. I told him I got him something that would make him smile. 

Who will you tell next? 
    We will be telling our immediate family next. My in laws, my father, very close friends etc. We are kind of holding out not saying anything at the moment as my SIL is pregnant also with her first and they just announced their pregnancy in June this Father’s Day so my and My DH don’t really want to steal their thunder right now. Were either waiting to tell them all around Remembrance Day or Christmas when everyone is all together.   

We won’t be telling anyone for a while yet. My hubs wants to wait some time just in case something happens and we’re just enjoying this time together. We haven’t even had an ultrasound yet so. 

I won’t be telling my co workers for a little while yet. maybe at 10-12 weeks or so. Which is awhile yet. I’m just waiting but it’s getting really hard not to say anything as they keep making random jokes and comments every time I say I have a dr’s appt saying “ oh maybe your pregnant”. “ it’s because your pregnant” lol 

Yes, we will be making an announcement on Facebook to all our friends but it won’t be till the new year sometime in Jan. 
    As of now my husband and best friend who is also pregnant know. Will likely tell everyone else at Christmas.  

We were TTC for two months and I had ordered a fake lotto ticket that says “we’re having a baby” when scratched off. I had purchased scratch offs when I was out of town for work last month as our state doesn’t have the lottery. I tucked them away and hoped to use them sooner rather than later. As soon as I took the test, I pulled them out, told him I had gotten them for him when I was out of town and I had forgotten and just found them. He bought it!!! Set up my tablet and got it on video without him knowing too. He went through three regular scratch offs first and was so shocked when he revealed the big prize!!! It wasn’t so cool! 

Who will you tell next?
    I ideally want our almost 5 year old daughter to know next. She’s been begging for a baby for over a year. It feels wrong a bunch of people knowing before she does. But of course I can’t tell her until I’m ready for the world to know. I am thinking of having her and my two step sons open some sort of present at Christmas in front of our family that will reveal it. I will be right at 14 weeks. If I can’t hold out that long. 

I told very early with my daughter. I just couldn’t wait to shout it to the world. I’m not sure why but I just want to soak this in and have it be my little secret this time. 

I’m trying not to but I’m a Detective so there might come a point when I have to before I was planning. As of now I will likely call my direct supervisors to the side and tell them right before Christmas since I will likely be spilling the beans then and feel I owe them the courtesy of hearing it directly from me.  

If goes according to plan, after telling our family at Christmas I will probably post to social media. Possibly a video of the kids opening the gift or something. 
    Trying to wait until at least my 8wk appointment, but planning on maybe waiting for 12 weeks. For my parents, my mom's birthday is the week after my first appointment, so my idea was to send her a "Happy Birthday, Grandma" card (I'm an only child, so this is her first grandchild) with her present. For most of our friends, we're kind of beer geeks so my husband's idea is to send them a photo of him enjoying some fancy shmancy beer and me with water. My good college friend is also pregnant, so for that group I was going to send them a message that I decided to make a playmate for her kiddo. Or I'll just crack and blurt it out, there's about an 80% chance of that happening.

Ever since we started trying he's been saying that he needs to get me pregnant so he can have a dedicated driver and stop paying for Ubers. He was away the weekend I took the test, so when I picked him up from the airport he thanked me and I made a comment about "needing practice" since I'm going to be his DD for a while. He didn't quite get it.

Who will you tell next?
    Parents and in-laws. Maybe our friend, because we're seeing him this weekend and for Thanksgiving, so it'll be hard to explain why I'm not drinking. I'm terrible at lying.

We're kind of private to begin with and want to be sure (as much as we can) that things are ok first. 

Will tell my team lead and boss, probably in December (12 weeks-ish). Was just going to drop by their respective offices and tell them. Debated telling my boss today during my annual review, but there was plenty other stuff to talk about and if something goes wrong I don't want to have to talk to everyone at work about it (the guys especially can't keep a secret to save their lives, so if I tell one everyone will know).

Probably not, we're not big social media people. At some point I'll probably post some cute baby stuff and that's when people will figure it out...or the aforementioned beer picture with no caption. See who picks up on it. Our engagement social media "announcement" was just about as cryptic.
  •  How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  
    Our parents know! Mom is stoked, dad is.. dad lol Other family and best friends after we hear the heartbeat!

I came home with a set of onesies that said “blessed” and gave them to him (he’s wanted this so badly!!)

Who will you tell next?
    Siblings and close friends 

Honestly, I want to shout it from the rooftop but I feel societal pressure to wait until I’m further along 😂
    I’m so nervous to tell my boss!! My coworkers definitely not for a while.. it’s not at the top of my list of who I want to celebrate with right now 

Absolutely! We are so excited and we (I AM) are oversharers. I love photography so I can’t wait to document this entire process 💕

• These were the shirts for our announcement photo. Kids were adorable, both even looked and smiled. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  How did you tell your partner? 
    I told him I couldn help him move our fridge because I just found out I was pregnant. The showed him the test. We were both in shock 😂

Who will you tell next?
    I told my sister next. She's always mygo to person after my hubby. Then my husband told his dad. Then I bough fake pumpkins and added a tag that said "We're adding another pumpkin to our patch June 2020" I gave one to my mom and step dad already. I'm waiting until I see my dad and grandparents this weekend to give them theirs.😊

Any extended family like aunts and uncles. We had a miscarriage last time, so we want to make sure out baby is healthy ❤️

I'm a SAHM. 

We probably will later on. Maybe around December. We're in no rush though. But we did get my daughter a shirt to wear for a picture we're goin to post. It says "Awesome daughters get promoted to big sisters"
    We saw a heartbeat at exactly 6w so we told immediate family the next day (We had DD walk in with the ultrasound to hand them-she's only 17 months so she has no idea but they did) I normally eat absolutely everything-I'm just one of those people. And I've been struggling to choke down any kind of food at all. We decided it was worth letting them know so we could tell them rather than have them just figure it out.

As if I had any control to wait. Took a test at 4:30 am because I couldn't wait anymore and woke him up immediately after. There were lots of happy tears. 

Who will you tell next?
    A few close friends. 

Basically right now we're telling our support system. If something happened, they're the people I'd tell anyway because they're the ones that pray for us and will check in. I don't want to have to explain to everyone if something happens. 

I'm hoping to avoid telling them til the end of the first trimester but I think some of the teachers I work with closely may figure it out (I've dropped my morning coffee habit and having trouble eating). I might end up telling my principal/vice principal because I'm close with them and they're very supportive. Plus, again, if something were to happen they'd know because I'd need a substitute for a few days. 

Maybe? I saw two different ones last year where they simply posted a photo of something else that was going on but there was a visible bump. They both included a "Oh, and there's a baby in that bump due____" in their post. I thought that was a good way of not going overboard. I'm a big subscriber to keep it real and authentic on social media and I don't particularly like feeling like I only post the highlights. The people that need to know will find out soon enough. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • mariabelemariabele member
    edited October 2019
    I already told a coworker because she told me she was pregnant and we were both on the way to a work-related party. It seemed like a good moment to bond and I wanted to hop on the fake-drinking bandwagon. :P We'll probably tell family and close friends after the first ultrasound. It seems too soon to say anything just yet.

He was traveling for work, so I texted "hey, I got 2 positives". No bells and whistles haha. I'm pretty crafty, though, and based on the awesome things you guys described above, it feels like I missed an opportunity. :D

Who will you tell next?
    Family and close friends if all goes well during the first ultrasound. My parents have been "hinting" at grandchildren since I graduated college. I want to make sure everything is A-ok before saying anything. I wouldn't want to unnecessarily disappoint them!

I'm not waiting to tell the people I care about because, if something were to happen, I'd want them to know.

Besides the aforementioned coworker, I'll wait until after my first trimester. I'll probably tell my team and leadership first and others later.

Naah. Anyone who I want to know, I'll tell directly. I don't need that girl I sat next to in statistics class but never talk to anymore to know this. hahaha

• How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  We've already told most of our family and close friends. We saw my MIL this past weekend and put DS in a shirt that said "I'm so cute they did it agai . June 2020 and she didnt get it. After 2 hours we had to explain it.  Lol.  Also we were trying to wait to tell DS but he looked me in the eye the other day and said "There's a baby in your tummy" now he is super excited and talks about it all the time. 

How did you tell your partner? We did IUI so.i was waiting to test so I woke up on the first day I could at 5am before work, took the test, then went and told him it was positive. 

Who will you tell next? Probably the rest of our friends and family after my US on 10/31

Why are you waiting (or not waiting) to tell? We are really terrible at keeping secrets. Also the people we have told are the ones we would want to support us if something happened 

How and when are you telling those you work with? I have already told my boss and direct co-worker.  Pregnancy secrets don't usually stay that way long on a L&D unit so I figure everyone else will know soon enough. 

Are you making a social media announcement? Probably around Thanksgiving
    Plan to tell family at thanksgiving, will be 12 weeks then so perfect timing.  Already told husband and best friend.

Wanted to do something find with our DD but couldn’t wait and DH wanted martinis that night so had to fess up.

Who will you tell next?
    Family

Waiting to just clear the next couple of doctors appointments.

Will try to wait until 15 weeks but will probably show by then.

Are you making a social media announcement?  Undecided, we did with our first at 20 weeks.
    My mom is super suspicious so I think I’m going to call her and say I bought a large Christmas present for DH and can I hide it at her house if she’s home. And then my husband and I will roll up and surprise her. We’re not sure how we’ll tell his family yet. My grandparents we’ll probably tell at Christmas - I found a onesie that says “best gift ever” that I’ll give to them. 

The positive test caught me off guard (miscarriage exactly a month before) so I just shoved it in his face while he was watching tv and was like “okay I don’t know if this is real so don’t get your hopes up but look at this and tell me I’m not crazy”

Who will you tell next?
    we’ve already both told a few friends. But next will be my mom, most likely. 

We’ve had a previous loss and I’m really not the type of person to talk about my emotions. So, if something were to go wrong, I really don’t want a bunch of people trying to comfort me. 

There’s a good chance that my job will make me nauseous at some point (meat inspector) so then I would obviously have to tell everybody. But otherwise I’ll probably just tell my supervisor and a couple close coworkers and let them spread the news.

Yes, probably around Christmas unless I’m not antsy to share and then we’ll wait until we know the gender
  • How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  Not completely sure. Probably something involving the other kids? We want to wait a little. We have a lot of bug things coming up soon like a new car and looking for a new house so I think I want to get all that settled first and then announce. 

How did you tell your partner? I didn’t tell him, he just knew lol. We’ve been TTC and he is very involved with my cycle and while I was in the TWW he started symptom spotting for me and was like “this isn’t what you’re normally like before your period!” Or “your periods 4 days late you should test”. So he was there for all of it. 

Who will you tell next? Probably close friends.  DH and I told his sister yesterday when she told me we needed to go to the bar sometime lol. My best friend knows and that’s about it. We’re waiting to tell family after we move into our new house and have them over for a housewarming party. 

Why are you waiting (or not waiting) to tell? Too many things going on right now! 

How and when are you telling those you work with? I told a few coworkers because we’re friends. I haven’t told my boss yet but I will at 8-12 weeks. 

Are you making a social media announcement? Oh yeah. I didn’t announce with my first until 17 weeks when I found out the sex but this time I’m not sure if we’ll be finding out so I’m just going to do a general “I’m pregnant announcement” at about 20-25 weeks because I just want to savor it for a little. 

• How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  Many of  my close friends and DD's BMB know so we'll likely announce to family and via social media around the end of Nov.

IVF so nothing special here... I just called him in to see if he could see the squinter too lol

Who will you tell next?
    More friends who knew about the IVF but haven't asked how my ute is doing  :D

I don't mind telling friends, because I'd lean on them if something happened... but we're waiting to tell family because they have more stake in the game and I can't handle their feelings as well as my own if something were to happen.... if that makes sense.

I have not even thought about this. I might just be one of those jerks that just waits for someone to have to ask b/c you're super huge hahahaha..... I'm one of 9 people in the office. My boss knows I might be pregnant b/c I proposed him adding paid maternity leave and giving more weeks off PP (and got both approved... go me!) 

• @MaximumEffort Happy birthday to your DS! And that shirt is awesome. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MaximumEffort I’m loving this shirt 👍 cute idea. Did it take anyone a long time to notice the shirt? 
  • @mindyb2019 not as long as I thought. As soon as my SIL saw it she asked others if they had checked out his shirt and actually read it.  My mom thought it was a hand me down at first.  
  • Whoops- completely missed this thread!

How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant? I’ve told five close friends as I’ll need a support network should something go wrong. Also my last bump group! Family wise I told one of my sisters who’s actually due the same day as me it turns out (!) and we told my in-laws as I spent a week with them and they would figure it out from the lack of wine in my life lol. Waiting to tell the rest of my family until 12 weeks. My dad gets nervous and I don’t want to stress him out. And my other sister will constantly hound me once she knows.

How did you tell your partner? I told him as he was cleaning poo from our daughters potty. A beautiful moment 🤣. I thrust the pregnancy stick in his face 

Who will you tell next? My family after the 12 week scan 

Why are you waiting (or not waiting) to tell? I’ll wait a while to tell work. I feel like being pregnant creates a different atmosphere at work and I want to maintain normalcy as long as possible

How and when are you telling those you work with? I’ll probably tell my boss before Christmas but maybe after. Depends if I’m showing by then lol.

Are you making a social media announcement? We’ll probably do a basic one after the 20 week scan! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I’ve told my support system- my parents, my two best friends and my cousin because I’ve been dealing with extreme morning sickness and needed support with my other two kids.

Exactly how I’ve told him our other pregnancies; yelled at him to come upstairs and then throw the pee stick at him. Lmao very romantic.

Who will you tell next?
    I need to tell my other sister soon who has been dealing with infertility issues. It’s a tough situation. I know she’s going to be upset but I also don’t want her to be the last to know. I also want to give her space to feel what she needs to feel before we get together for the holidays. 

I’ve had two losses so I’m both cautious about telling the masses but also don’t want to be isolated because dealing with a loss when no one knew was really really hard. 

I have a solo law practice. Eventually I will have to tell existing and new potential clients but I’ll basically wait until I’m visibly showing.

Yes but likely not until after my 20 week scan. I waited until then for my daughter and it felt like the right timing. 
  • How did you tell your partner? I had to tell my husband over text because they sent me in to the ER for a tubal pregnancy scare and he was OOT for work. It’s not exactly how I wanted to share the news but it had to be done. 

I also had to tell my niece (my assistant) and my parents because I needed assistance with my business and my girls that week. 

Who will you tell next? We will be telling my in-laws over Thanksgiving. My girls will be with their dad this year and it will just be adult members of his family that weekend. 

We’re actually going to wait to tell our girls until 1/4. We are taking them to Disney World on a surprise trip 12/26-1/4 and we want that trip to just be completely focused on them. We’ll tell them the last day after breakfast at WDW so they can always relate the happiness of finding out with the happiness of the trip. We will text my ex with the news before we get home so he will hear it from me first, instead of the kids. 

How and when are you telling those you work with? I own an online clothing boutique so I don’t really have co-workers. I do have a community of WFH women though. I have already told one but the others will find out when I post it on FB & Insta. My assistant already knows. 

Are you making a social media announcement? I will. I think it’s important for my customers to know. My customers are a tight knit community of women and even though I don’t know most of them IRL, most feel like they personally know me. 
    I plan to wait until 13 weeks to tell most of our immediate friends and family. Not sure how but I know it will involve my big girl. 

Took a test handed it to him and said uhm look and say nothing. (4 year old was in the room lol) he just said oh. Well then and had a goofy smile. 🤦

Who will you tell next?
    My daughter because she keeps asking to be a big sister but I am trying to hold off until closer to 13 weeks so if she does blab its still okay. 

i have a crazy fear of MC and want to just be further along. 

I told my boss because the nausea is getting so bad and I threw up a few times. Plus with my first I threw up literslly everything but air. 

Yes probably once i am past 20 weeks 

• How and when do you plan on telling others you are pregnant?  Well, it looks like we’ve finally got a plan of action! Mh and I told dd last night. She was pretty nonchalant, but after showing her an ultrasound picture, she seemed pretty excited! I’m hoping to practice a knock-knock announcement with her to reveal the news to my side of the family on Saturday when we get together for a fake Thanksgiving dinner. (She and her cousins have really gotten into those jokes lately, so I thought it might be kinda cute without being over the top.) Then we’re hoping to tell MH’s side on Black Friday, maybe hopefully with a conference call to his sibling who lives out in Europe. The sibling out in Europe has been having trouble ttc, and we did too, so I’m trying to figure out how to announce as delicately as possible, but also suggesting that mh takes the reins a bit on the actual wording since he knows his sister better. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We’ll be seeing the rest of his fam, so I think  it’ll be obvious to them, and I don’t really want to have an awkward one-on-one announcement with them, so hopefully a big Group FaceTime will help to get them the info without needing to dwell on it too much.

How did you tell your partner? I whispered in his ear while I and dd were hugging him that we were now a family of 4. 

Who will you tell next? My side on Saturday at nearly 11 weeks. I’m nervous that it’s a bit early, but I really want to focus on the joy of this baby rather than be ruled by fear of the future at this point. Hopefully that’s not rash.

Why are you waiting (or not waiting) to tell? I’m a worrier, so I’ve been trying to keep it under wraps because I would so dread having to untell people. But, my belly is quickly expanding and I don’t want to be outed before I announce, so we’re taking the plunge!

How and when are you telling those you work with? N/a sahm, but I guess I’m not really sure when I’ll tell the other sahms.

Are you making a social media announcement? Nah, I dropped Facebook a while back and I’m not on anything else.
  • Our immediate families and best friends know. We had a rough start with spotting and cramping. We talked openly about it with them as a support network. 

How did you tell your partner? I left the stick on the bathroom counter but he didn't even notice... Had to point at it 🤦‍♀️

Who will you tell next? Work

Why are you waiting (or not waiting) to tell? Extended family wellwtekk at Thanksgiving and friends once we see them after. 

How and when are you telling those you work with? After my 12w apt Monday I will tell my boss. Next time in in the office I'll be 14w and we'll see how obvious it is. 

Are you making a social media announcement? Probably with the sex at 20w but who knows. Maybe we'll post a family Christmas picture. I'll definitely be showing by then. 
  • I am kind of tempted to not tell my family until I arrive for Christmas- like wearing a T-shirt that says surprise I’m pregnant 🤣🤣. But we’ll see. Last time I told them super early and I’m kind of enjoying keeping it quiet this time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • effienbabeeffienbabe member
    edited November 2019
    So far, we have told a couple of people. Best friends and people who are not close with our family! We really want to let people know in person and preferably once in the second trimester. So we are going to tell everyone at Christmas! One of our family Christmas' is Dec 14th and the other is Dec 26th. So we will be at 14 and 16 weeks. It's taken a LOT to hold it in from my family! We are so close...

I basically told my partner right away because there was a faint second line. I didn't know how to react to it and wasn't sure if it meant pregnant or not. So we were really trying to decipher what it meant haha.

Who will you tell next?
    Next will be our families. 

I think that the main reason we are waiting is so that we can tell people in person. I am pretty sure that both of our families have given up on us having children, so they will be floored!

A couple of my close colleagues know. I work at a hospital and news spreads like wildfire! So I was trying to be very picky with who knew. 

We are not going to make a social media announcement. We are trying to keep some things private. 
  • effienbabeeffienbabe member
    edited November 2019
    @hayhay2501 That is exactly what we are doing! For one of the Christmas gatherings, he is going to wear a shirt that says "dad to the bone" and I'm going to have one that says, "Spoiler alert: I'm pregnant". hahaha
  • Just told my first friend. We met in grad school and used to work closely together so try to meet up periodically for lunch to keep in touch now that we're not in the same office. She asked if I was super excited for a conference in Japan and I just couldn't lie or keep a straight face so I told her I can't go because I'll be having a baby (my due date is literally in the middle of the conference). She nearly cried and lept over the table for a hug.

Beyond the pure joy of talking about it with someone it's also kind of helpful, since she got pregnant back while working under my boss and could give me a little intel on how to break it to him.
  • So all my coworkers know. I had to tell them since I went through a period of puking heavily and randomly and would sometimes disappear. Having to go to the hall bathroom wasnot working because at one point I barely made it there... now I just puke(which is rare now) in the office bathroom and dont have to worry about a thing. 

We are telling my baby girl next week and immediate family the following day(Thanksgiving)
  • I'm having a really hard time dealing with my mom. We are super close. I'm 13 weeks and she is chomping at the bit to tell her siblings, friends, anyone who will listen that I am pregnant. She is just excited and means well. The problem is.... It just doesn't feel right to me. It is my first pregnancy and I just feel like it is my news to tell. We don't see cousins/aunts/uncles very often. I don't plan on doing a social media "announcement". I'm just more of a private person and it makes me uncomfortable her yelling it from the rooftops. 

Any advice on how to deal with this? I don't want to hurt her feelings. 

• We put my youngest in this onesie and then waited to see how long it took my other two school aged kids to figure it out!!! It was hilarious!  😂 We are super excited!

• Called SO right away, he didn't believe me until 2 tests later. 
    We had a miscarriage back in March and had told everyone super early that time. Just dealing with having to call everyone about the loss was almost too much to handle. So this time we're waiting until my NIPT test comes back. Should be a safe 11 or 12 weeks and be able to say, "we're expecting and it's a ______"
    Am a bit worried about telling my oldest daughter. She didn't react well to the last pregnancy.  Didn't speak to me for a week, but eventually warmed up to it. Trying to figure out a good way to break the news this time.... anyone have ideas? She's 16