June 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC! 10-25

Let’s hear those confessions! 

Re: FFFC! 10-25

• Options
    My parents are coming over tonight to watch DS so we can meet with a builder to see if we are interested in the floor plans because we are considering building a house because we are insane. My house is trashed, and I probably had time to clean it this morning but instead laid on my couch until it was time to get up. 
  • Options
    I don’t feel like doing anything productive at work today so I’m just sitting at my desk colouring with scented markers lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I fed my 14 month old potato chips, donut, and a bit of Cliff Bar for lunch. It was easy, no shame here. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail you could have done worse.... I definitely have  :D
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2019
    I was 20 mins late getting back from a 30 min lunch break b/c I stopped and got a quick polish change. When I bumped into my boss on the way in (super small office so we know everyone's comings and goings), I blamed it on the restaurant I went to screwing up my order and having to remake it. #employeeoftheyear
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    Have done worst, yup. And will do again I'm sure, lol, especially with 3 kids born in 4 years!!!!

Other adults in the house are gone, and I managed the 1 and 3 year old myself at a preschool function earlier at a pumpkin farm (at least they were homemade apple cider donuts!). I'm done with real parenting today. Watching a movie now, planning on frozen pizza for dinner! We're all still working through a long annoying cold.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    Have done worst, yup. And will do again I'm sure, lol, especially with 3 kids born in 4 years!!!!

Other adults in the house are gone, and I managed the 1 and 3 year old myself at a preschool function earlier at a pumpkin farm (at least they were homemade apple cider donuts!). I'm done with real parenting today. Watching a movie now, planning on frozen pizza for dinner! We're all still working through a long annoying cold.
    So you're saying you killed it today? Got it ;-) Awesome job mama! You deserve an easy evening!
  • Options
    I know, I know, “Adopt Don’t Shop” but one way or another, the next dog is going to be a non-shedder. If we can find an adoptable dog that fits the bill, excellent. (I’ve actually heard that the local college students are a pretty great source for dogs they never should have gotten & don’t want anymore.) But I’d we can’t... I’m so, so tired of constantly battling dog hair EVERYWHERE. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2019
    kiki75 said:
    I know, I know, “Adopt Don’t Shop” but one way or another, the next dog is going to be a non-shedder. If we can find an adoptable dog that fits the bill, excellent. (I’ve actually heard that the local college students are a pretty great source for dogs they never should have gotten & don’t want anymore.) But I’d we can’t... I’m so, so tired of constantly battling dog hair EVERYWHERE. 
    This is why we probably won't end up getting another dog :# it's just not worth it to us. There's only so much my robot vacuum can do lol
  • Options
    I highly recommend Petfinder.com.  I see a ton of Golden Doodles, and other terrier hair/non shedding dogs on there. I love that they put dogs from so many different rescues in one place to look.

College kids are a good source, also families with very young kids. I feel like a ton of people get a puppy or dog, and it's their first one as an adult, when kids are under age 3, and they don't realize the amount of training necessary for kids AND dogs, plus amount of social time dogs need, and they part ways quickly.

I've seen it several times, I have many friend who work is rescues. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail We found our last 2 through Petfinder. Hopefully it’ll be 10 years before we’re looking again. 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    kiki75 said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail We found our last 2 through Petfinder. Hopefully it’ll be 10 years before we’re looking again. 
    We've got a 10 year old, 10 lbs mini dachshund and a 2 year old, 75 lbs pitbull. Hoping 5 years before we're looking. I actually love having one big dog and one tiny dog, but we'll see what our three kids are like in 5 years, and may need to forgo having tiny dog for one round. For safety.

eta posted too soon
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I pitch for a second from time to time. Always get denied, though. 😆 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    kiki75 said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail I pitch for a second from time to time. Always get denied, though. 😆 
    I won because my husband can't wrestle with our old tiny dog, lol.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker