June 2020 Moms
Options

Group 2 (June 7-13) Weekly Check In | Week of 10.21

Welcome to our first edition of check ins by week! Next week these can all be started on Monday.

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Group 2 (June 7-13) Weekly Check In | Week of 10.21

• Options
    kiki75kiki75 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: June 7

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Still in discussion.

Baby is the size of a(n): Tic Tac

Upcoming appointments: One week to go.

How are you feeling? Tired, nauseous, inappetent, regretting most things I eat. But apprehensive. The rest I can deal with. I just swing from feeling excited about next week to being really pessimistic about it and *TW*ish thinking that this is my last week to be pregnant. It just feels like it couldn't possibly be this easy.

The back story with *TW* loss mentioned:
    After the second loss (CP) since we had started fertility treatments, we did do RPL testing at that time and discovered that my prolactin levels were a bit elevated. From my research, it seems to me that the elevated prolactin inhibited estrogen which interfered with the maturing process for the eggs which led to poor ovulation and poor egg quality. Since we hadn't been back to TTC for long, I hadn't yet gone to get my prolactin levels checked and medicated (I'm pretty much asymptomatic for day to day life and I didn't like the medication side effects) so I have a fear that they were elevated and that this was a low quality egg again.  

Raves/Rants: I've mostly had decent pregnancy dreams lately. Other than one about a huge spider that jolted me awake, they've just been entertaining and not bad. Last night I was tie-dying shirts for something. I also managed to stay awake past 9:00 and take care of some things. This whole last week I'd tell myself I'd do all these things once DS went down for the night. Every night: Sit down on the couch for a few minutes and I'm gone.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? We got some Play-Doh, Sour Patch (Kids, Watermelons, etc.), and I had some Halloween fruit snacks but I left them in the car to bring in later. H found them and has eaten a ton of them. So I'll have to rebuy.

edit: formatting

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    EDD: June 13

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We are finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee

Upcoming appointments: the 28th! first ultrasound! (also our wedding anniversary)

How are you feeling? extremely bloated! I look about 5-6 months pregnant. Wake up with severe back pain every day but it goes away. Exhausted. I'm cautiously optimistic and want to get excited but don't think I truly will until after 9 weeks or so. 

Raves/Rants: Just this bloat! Its been here since week 4, went away for the most part for about 3 days but came back. I know I should be doing some exercise to help it but by the time I get home from work i'm exhausted. 

Questions: Any other tips for bloat besides water and exercise? I've increased my water intake a lot (which isn't saying much considering i've always been terrible about drinking water)

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? We will be out of town unfortunately for Halloween so nothing from us. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: based on lmp, June 9, but I Ovulated late so I’m expecting to be pushed back about a week. 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: we did not find out with DS, but DH wants to this time so I told him we could. 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: one week from today! 

How are you feeling? Exhausted. So so tired. Cannot keep eyes open past 8:30. Starving at all times, nauseous in the mornings. Cramps the last couple days and my scar hurts. Grateful, and scared. 

Raves/Rants: I alternate between thinking how am I going to get through first tri and I can do this, I can get through first tri. I’m so anxious for our first ultrasound next week and am looking forward to hopefully seeing a sticky little bean!

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? Nothing. Last year I bought a ton of candy and we had barely any trick or treaters! I was so sad. We are taking DS the giraffe to see both sets of grandparents and eating pizza.
  • Options
    EDD: June 12th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We’ll find out

Baby is the size of a(n): idk. Whatever 6+5 is. Small. 

Upcoming appointments: 10/31 (already had viability last Friday)

How are you feeling? I was not this sick last time. So sick. But yet don’t actually throw up? There’s gas coming from everywhere though! 😬 

Raves/Rants: why don’t we have siestas like in Spain? Someone should get on the government and let’s just nationwide mandate that. 

Questions: @cfawcett2 I like the Blogilates bloat video on YouTube! I always feel better after I do it. But otherwise, yeah just water, rest, and a little exercise. It does get better (or did for me first tome round). 

@kiki75 I’ve been following along in the support thread. Don’t give up yet! We’re here for you and I so hope this is your sticky bean! As far as prolactin goes, help me. I breastfed until two weeks before our BFP so I know my levels would be elevated too and lots of moms get pregnant while breastfeeding. Why then is prolactin a concern for you? Long term exposure?

we had two trick or treaters last year but DH still ordered a pack on amazon of little candies but I think some melted? More Twix for me...

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    EDD: June 12

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Upcoming appointments: 2 week viability scan, baby was measuring a couple of days early... doctor didn’t seem concerned but hate the extra little bit of worry, but then again my periods are generally longer and I probably ovulated later than I thought.

How are you feeling? Good, tired but happy to see the ultrasound and a strong heartbeat.

Raves/Rants: anxious about the next few visits and getting back the NIPT tests etc.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?  As much candy as possible!  My favorites are Twix and Kit Kat’s.
  • Options
    Hey, group! It’s so nice to feel like I have a little place in here now with a nice sized group!

EDD: June 7 (how am I just realizing that we are dd buddies, @kiki75?? high five!) 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: probably finding out. We did green with dd, and that was great, but maybe we’ll try it out the other way this time.

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry I think. I mean, we all have about the same size since we’re in the same week, right?

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow. I had secondary IF which led to getting an RE which led to finding out that I have endometriosis, so I’m still seeing them weekly until they kick me out. They said that we’ll start talking about transitioning out at this next appointment.

How are you feeling? Nauseated and nervous. I’m still eating, maybe more so to try to settle my stomach or because I try to eat when I feel like it’ll stay down. I also am exhausted all the time. Looking forward to second trimester for so many reasons! (I totally hear you, @kiki75, about not trusting that it could be this easy. We tried for a year, then had about another 6 months of meds/treatment before we could try, and then we miraculously got pregnant our first month of trying again without any help from the RE. I just keep waiting for the shoe to drop, but I don’t want it to!!)

Raves/Rants: rant- I’m not looking forward to a long drive this weekend. Rave- MH has really been picking up my slack without any hesitation or complaint. Gosh I like him. 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? Twix and m&ms, but we usually only get two kids.

@driftmd hooray for a strong heartbeat!! And if your bundle is measuring ahead, does that mean that s/he is bigger than expected? 
    @allie392 I think you and Spain have something there with siestas. I am a bad napper mostly because I get too excited if the opportunity arises, but if it were a regular thing, then I’d probably be fine.
    @cfawcett2 I hear you on the bloat. Pants seem to be the enemy atm.
    @chaos-and-coffee I totally relate to grateful and scared!
  • Options
    EDD: June 12

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we will find out. I want to do a surprise gender reveal.

Baby is the size of: a blueberry, almost a raspberry

Upcoming appointments: October 31. Can’t come quick enough. I found out at 3 wk 4 or 5 days so I am dying to have this appointment.

How are you feeling: nauseous all the time. I have done a lot of dry heaving and thrown up once, but the nausea is always there in the pit of my stomach. And the heartburn. Thank goodness for Zantac and tums.

Rants/Raves: it worked out that I had 2 weeks off work here recently bc i had asked for vacation a while back, and I’m not ready to go back to work tomorrow. All I want and can think about is seeing that little heart beat.

What are you giving out for Halloween: nothing lol, my nieces meet at my cousin’s house and all the kids go trick or treating so I’m going with them. We are in the process of buying a house and moving so I’m excited to hand out candy next year with my little nugget.
  • Options
    EDD: June 13

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

team finding out! Really hoping for a girl and not afraid to say it out loud. Love my son and being a boy mom but it would be great to have one of each.

Baby is the size of a(n):

sweet pea

Upcoming appointments:

Had my first midwife appointment today. She set me up with paper work to go do some blood tests and a dating ultrasound in a few weeks.

How are you feeling? nauseas...so nauseas. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

I’ve got kinda basic Halloween candy to hand out and good Halloween candy for myself lol I also bought some way too sour candy because I read somewhere it helps with morning sickness but I may just hand that out too 
  • Options
    EDD:  June 7 (may change after ultrasound due to 24 day cycles)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: still deciding.  We were team green with DS.  With DD, we wanted to be team green, but the hospital messed up and put it in my online portal so I saw it.  DH knew I knew, but I kept it a secret from him so he could be surprised.  I didn't tell anyone else I knew bc I didn't want to be harassed about it.  This time, I kinda want to know so we can clean some of our stuff out, but I also want to be surprised since I got robbed of it last time.  So we will see!

Upcoming appointments: dating ultrasound on Monday

How are you feeling? Tired! I'm always hungry but nothing sounds appetizing.  Except pasta and big Macs, but I can't live off of that 😬 

Raves/Rants:  I'm all caught up with laundry, woooo!!!!

Questions:  none at the moment!

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? Nothing.  DH and I are taking the kids out trick or treating and I refuse to spend money on all this candy that I'll leave on the porch for one kid to take it all.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2019
    EDD: June 11 - for now!  Dating appointment not til Halloween!!!!  Aaahhhh how can I wait

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  We haven’t decided yet, but do love surprises. 

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean ❤️

Upcoming appointments: Halloween for work and dating, 3 weeks later to meet OB

How are you feeling?  Persistent, slight nausea, and I Sleep. So. Much. @allie392 amen to siestas
     I was also surprised that I seem to have a general aversion to eating, nothing specific just food. So I’m trying the small bland meal system. 

Raves/Rants: just wishing husband wasn’t away for military

Questions:  are prenatal vitamins really crucial- I’ve read both sides

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?  Its often so cold for Halloween we may do hot cocoa
  • Options
    I have to do the small bland meal system too! Anything with flavor, unless it’s salty, throws me. 

Hey knottie, check the read this first board for instructions to change your name so we can more easily identify you! Glad to see you jumping in but want to be able to keep track better :)

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    baybaylove143baybaylove143 member
    edited October 2019
    Welcome to our first edition of check ins by week! Next week these can all be started on Monday.

EDD: june 10th 2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out..since it's our last #3 hubby wants to do gender reveal

Upcoming appointments: tuesday first us @ 7 weeks 6 days 

How are you feeling? Sick....🤢

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?We will not be giving anything instead taking our kids out for trick or treating. 
  • Options
    @alli392 I like the way you think about prolactin! I think I just felt that that was the magic trick last time because it was the one thing we changed and finally got a sticky baby. I think it can just affect egg quality. YES to siestas! I’ll sign that petition!

@dirftmd Same on the candy. Frozen Kit-Kats are the best!

@cfawcett2 I have no other great suggestions for the bloat. 😕

@chaos-and-coffee That sounds like a lovely Halloween! I always wish we got more trick or treaters, too. 

@begging4abump Hey EDD twin! I hope your drive went/goes better than you expected!

@sheshe3386 I hope being back at work has gone well!

@MssyMmmy I used to do a candy split, too. We just don’t get enough trick or treaters though so I now I only buy stuff I like. Especially now that I work from home and can’t just offload it on coworkers. 😆

@lwhrmomma I’m kind of with you on finding out the sex. We were team green last time but he came so fast we didn’t have an opportunity to tell people we were so they tossed him up on my chest and someone used a male pronoun on him and I asked, “It’s a boy?” So not exactly the “It’s a ___ 🥳🎉” moment I had hoped for. But, they say the next comes quicker so we might miss it again anyways. And it would be nice to get rid of any ultra gendered stuff we have that won’t work. 

@sleepingbeauty610 I’m with you on the just plain not into eating thing. I’ll be hungry and then try to think of something to eat and it all sounds gross. As for prenatals, I’ve never heard of them being harmful in normal use so to me, it’s a big why not if they potentially help. If your diet is basically perfect, they’re probably not necessary. But the folic acid can help prevent neural tube defects and especially during first tri when you’re off of a lot of foods, they can help make up for the deficiencies in your diet. 

@baybaylove143 Sorry you’re feeling sick. I hope you’re able to find some things that help!

TTC since Feb 2016