June 2020 Moms
Options

Wellness Wednesday 10/23

A thread for anyone working on wellness/healthy habits during pregnancy!

What healthy habit/s are you working on or hoping to maintain during this pregnancy?

How's everything going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?
~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: Wellness Wednesday 10/23

• Options
    What healthy habit/s are you working on or hoping to maintain during this pregnancy?
    Decent diet, not gain too much, keep exercising

How's everything going?
    I'm up 4 effing pounds, and I'm not even at my 6-week mark. What the actual f-ck, body...
    I know it HAS to be bloat, because I'm actually eating LESS than I normally do, and I'm still exercising 5-6 days a week. Still, it's really getting to me today.

Hit the gym 5 days last week. 
    My body is feeling it. I don't think I'm going to be capable of 6 days a week very often during this.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    Managing appropriate sized meals, doing some sort of workout 2-3 times per week.

How's everything going?
    Doing well not overeating, but mostly I've been sick and pregnancy nauseous so...not hard yet. Due to those, I haven't done any exercise past kid chasing, I'm barely keeping up with that!

I managed a decent length walk with family earlier this week.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm only keeping healthy foods and snacks in the house. I've bee living off of veggies, mean meat and fruit. Lol

How's everything going?
    I'm a high risk pregnancy for a few reasons. So far everyhing is okay. I'm anxious for my first ultrasound on the 11th. I have gained 8 pounds though 😭 I've not even been eating that much!

I have gotten my blood sugar levels under better cotrol ❤️
  • Options
    What healthy habit/s are you working on or hoping to maintain during this pregnancy?  Had my first appointment and so now am going to try to get back on my peloton and tracking my eating - finishing up Stronger u.  I gained 43 pounds with my first and even though I lost most of it within 4 months just breastfeeding, I’d like to only gain 25-30 this time!

How's everything going?  Good, up 2 pounds at 7 weeks.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Drank mostly water rather than mocktails full of calories and swapping ice cream for frozen yogurt!
  • Options
    kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited October 2019
    What healthy habit/s are you working on or hoping to maintain during this pregnancy? I want to be extra vigilant about watching my meals and carbs so that I have the best chance possible of managing GD without a lot of meds again this time. It's way easier to maintain this than to be told halfway through that all your favorite foods are strictly forbidden.

How's everything going? Pretty well. We've been on a diabetic friendly diet since May, and I'm starting this pregnancy down 35lbs from where I started my first, so I'm just hoping we can continue this.  I want to get walking again once the Santa Ana dies down. (Edit: wrong M month)

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Successfully switched to decaf despite being in crunch week for grad school!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hoping to maintain my weight again this pregnancy. I gained 7lbs with DD but felt like a bucket of yuck the whooole time. So that sucked. Hoping to do it this time because I’m eating well vs bc I’m not able to eat much. 

How's everything going? Nooot great so far. I’m thinking about going to see a nutritionist. I was doing WW before starting IVF, lost quite a bit of weight but still have about 40lbs to go before goal weight so hoping to try to not totally derail over the next 9 months

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? 😬 I’ll be looking for one for next week! I kind of shit the bed with that this week lol