May 2020 Moms

Re: UO 10/24

• Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited October 2019
    I generally dislike most dogs that are not my own. And I can't stand when people let their dog come up to you and sniff/lick you. No, I don't think your dog is as great as you do and no, I don't want to pet it. Andplusalso, please keep it out of the grocery cart where I put my food. Thanks.

*ETA: This does not apply to service dogs, who are adorable and welcome anywhere I am.
  • Options
    I really dislike when people try to pass off gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan meals off as the real thing. Don’t get me wrong, there are some delicious alternatives and I generally don’t mind eating them. Just don’t tell me that spaghetti squash is the same as spaghetti, a black bean burger “tastes just like” real meat, or vegan cake tastes the same. It may taste good... but it’s not the same as the real thing. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @drkoyya cauliflower rice! Drives me crazy - it does not taste like rice! Stop trying to make it be rice!
  • Options
    @ruby696 I toooootally agree about other people’s dogs! My feelings about that made me overly aware when other people come over and my dog is around because I know that I never appreciate the same stuff from other dogs than I do my own

• Options
    @drkoyya I sometimes prefer things like black bean burgers over real burgers (especially with my meat aversion right now), but some of these new impossible burgers that they've made to "bleed" like real meat confuse me.  Why would you want your veggie burger to "bleed"?  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @mokay19 I always put my dogs in another room or outside when people come over for that very reason. Granted, my dogs are really big, so that's even more reason not to let them roam loose, but regardless, I don't want your Yorkie sniffing my pant leg. 
  • Options
    I think bras should be optional. I especially think bras should be option when I’m pregnant and they are super sensitive and uncomfortable. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick Ugh, I'm in complete agreement. I'm at the tail end of a twelve hour day and they are killing me. I don't know how nurses, police officers, etc do it. Is it possible for them to swell by the end of the day, cause sometimes?
  • Options
    @ruby696 yea, my dog is 60 lbs. my MIL has two shin tzus and she lets them jump on you, bite your feet, and lick you because “oh, they’re just little dogs.”
    I’ve blatantly said “if you don’t get the dog off my leg, I’m going to kick him off until he stays off.”

They jumped on my feet while carrying DD and I almost fell. I lost my shit and told DH that I’m about to punt them out the door like in Anchorman. 

*disclaimer: I don’t actually beat these dogs. They just irritate me to my limit. If the dog is on my leg, I shoo it away by pushing it off with my leg... they just happen to be light and shoo further *
  • Options
    I have so many little dogs and two cats that constantly want to be underfoot. I just shuffle when they're around so I don't kick or step on them.  :#
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mokay19 "they just happen to be light and shoo further"

I have a 100lb Golden Retriever so I'm with you.  Big dogs rule, small dogs drool.