April 2020 Moms

Group 1 (April 1 - April 8) Week of 10/21

I hope I'm not stepping on toes by posting - didn't see one yet! :-)

EDD/W+D: 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume that you've ever worn?

Re: Group 1 (April 1 - April 8) Week of 10/21

• EDD/W+D: April 6, 16+1

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Team pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): pickle!

Upcoming Appointments: Just had our 16w checkup yesterday and everything looked great.  Got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time, which was really nice.  149bpm and sounding strong!

How are you feeling? Nausea is mayyyyybe starting to ease up?  I don't trust anything at this point.  Very tired and achy.  Last time around I felt like a million bucks throughout the second trimester, so I'm hoping that'll kick in some time soon...

Raves/Rants: I'm good for the moment so don't get me started.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume that you've ever worn? Back when I lived in NYC I dressed up as a tourist one year.  I wore an I <3 NY tshirt, a cheesy baseball cap, a foam statue of liberty headband, a fanny pack (back when they were still uncool)... the whole nine yards.  It was really funny watching people give me the look of disdain before figuring out it was a costume. 
  • EDD/W+D: 4/6/20 - 16w1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Pink!!!

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow is the 16w checkup and then a/s in November

How are you feeling? Besides random pressure and lower back pain, I'm good.

Raves/Rants: DH has been totally stepping everything up. Not that he wasn't always amazing but he is KILLING it lately.

Questions: Can I go to a haunted house pregnant??

GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume that you've ever worn? In the peak of Will & Grace days, I went as Karen Walker. Black dress, hair like hers, martini glass and everything. I even did the voice. I loved it.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: April 3 or 8th? 16 weeks

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out on saturday!

Baby is the size of a(n): jar of Nutella!

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife appointment next Wednesday 

How are you feeling? Still feeling good!  My back and hip have been feeling better this week. Allergies have been bugging me. 

Raves/Rants: I’m so excited for this weekend! We are having a small gender reveal gathering with parents and siblings to find out our baby’s gender! 

Questions: Do you guys consider your due date From your LMP or your dating ultrasound (if they are different)?
     I never know what to put on that first part of this post! I have been using the dating ultrasound, but my midwife has kept it at April 3rd

I was a picnic table once as a kid and one a prize at the local Halloween parade! 
  • @literatureandink I would think it would be fine. They just post those kind of signs for liability. I went on an indoor water slide at our hotel pool last weekend that had a similar sign and I knew it wasn’t that crazy of a slide! They just have to cover their butts. 
  • EDD/W+D: April 7 / 16 weeks

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for 16 weeks, then November 19 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Well, I was feeling pretty okay until this evening when I threw up! I had a few weird pains this weekend, which I think was probably the start of round ligament pain. 

Raves/Rants: I’ve been feeling little flutters for the last few weeks, which is pretty wild and exciting!

GTKY: I was Miss Scarlet from Clue one year. I had this fantastic red dress and a huge wrench 🔧 I took with me everywhere. 
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited October 2019
    @babyrummom My nurse told me at my dating scan that as long as you are measuring within a week of the date estimated by your LMP, they keep your due date as the one predicted by LMP because they think it is more accurate (since some babies grow faster or more slowly). I happen to think mine is a day or two early because I have longer cycles than the nurse input, but April 7 is the birthday of two great-grandparents, so it’s kind of special that it’s the “official” date. 
  • @jenabary my cycles are longer than normal and I was tracking my ovulation, so I think my actual due date is April 5th, but LMP is the 3rd and dating ultrasound is the 8th. I just never know what to say when people ask, so i just say the first week of
    April! 
  • EDD/W+D: 17 weeks / April 2

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): creme brûlée 

Upcoming Appointments: nov. 14 ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Not sleeping great the last few nights but being up in the middle of the night let’s me get first pick on the fantasy football waiver wire 😂

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

I love making costumes! I made an elaborate flamingo outfit in college and ended up winning a contest in Cosmo magazine. Last year I was Madeline Kahn’s Mrs. White from Clue and that was lots of fun 🔥 
  • @independentgeorge Love her version of Mrs. White!!
  • EDD/W+D: April 6th/ 16 weeks 2 days

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow midwife appointment. Hopefully can find out the gender soon

How are you feeling? This has been my easiest pregnancy yet. Round ligament pain and pain from muscle relaxing but other than that good. 

Raves/Rants: felt baby move for the first time tonight went crazy at dinner. 

Questions: 

Not sure a favorite. One year I wore one of my sweaters and did my makeup and hair like a lion. I felt really good. Was handing out candy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • EDD/W+D: April 1, 17w2d (I'm late doing this this week)

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: team blue

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Upcoming Appointments: Monday Nov 4th for fetal echocardiogram

How are you feeling? Pretty awesome actually and feeling baby move a lot

Raves/Rants: my mother in law just found out from my husband that we had abnormal screening in the first trimester and now she "feels banished" because we didn't tell her sooner. Typical, it's always about her feelings. Hence why I didn't include you sooner!

Questions: ...

GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume that you've ever worn? Back when I was a 4 my mom hand sewed a Dorothy costume from the Wizard of Oz and red fluttered my shoes. She was up until 2am finishing my perfect costume. I wore it the next day to daycare and ruined the shoes. She's still a little bitter but I love her for all the hard work and it was such an awesome costume. I always buy my kids costumes so they're never as great as homemade but I just don't sew.
  • EDD/W+D: 16 + 4 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! Getting so excited 

Baby is the size of a(n): Pickle! 

Upcoming Appointments: Had a prenantal this week! All was good. I got my flu shot and blood work done for the quad screen. I did not do the NIPT testing. 

How are you feeling? So much better overall! Most days I wouldn’t know I was pregnant. Just random pains here and there and some back pain. Also by the end of the day I’m super bloated and my belly has grown significantly. 

Raves/Rants: I’m in that super awkward stage where it just looks like I’ve gained a few pounds in my stomach. I still haven’t told many people at work and I’m quite thin so I’m wondering when people will start speculating. 😂

Questions: 

Hmm I don’t know!! I’m not very creative when it comes to costumes. 
  • @mwill291 sorry about your MIL being dramatic. My mom can be the same way. I’m already worried about her reaction when she finds out I don’t want her at the hospital for the birth.