Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite food?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Group 2(April 9-16) week of 10/21

• EDD/W+D: 15w2d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Looks like I will be finding out at the anatomy scan as my OB has not called with abnormal NT results. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado 

Upcoming Appointments: Halloween glucose test and OB. Means no Halloween candy until after my appointment. 

How are you feeling? Mostly tired. Definitely better than first tri. Cold is pretty well gone too. Occasional headaches still come up and insomnia. 

Raves/Rants: Work is super frustrating right now. Big rush to move up deadlines on something we’ve been working on for a year. Means long hours this week. 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Usually I would go with Mexican. Lately, Vietnamese chicken dumplings. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 no Halloween candy is rough. I haven't been eating a ton but it's nice sometimes to grab some chocolate or some skittles. I hope everything looks great on the glucose test so that way you can have any leftover candy! 

EDD/W+D: 4/12 - 15w1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: team pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Avacado

Upcoming Appointments: Not until November,

How are you feeling? 2nd trimester so far has been a lot rougher than 1st. I've had a headache every day. I broke down and took the big gun medicine my OB said I could take if a migraine got really bad this morning and it's helped a lot so far but it's still there lurking in the background. Just frustrating.

Raves/Rants: Just a little stressed about getting ready to sell our house. Our realtor is coming over this week to take pictures so I've been trying to clean up and get the house looking good for those. Also I'm eating spaghettios with meatballs right now and I feel NO shame!

Questions: So is the whole you'll feel better in 2nd trimester a lie? All my friends I talked to admitted they felt worse in their 2nd trimester too so I'm starting to wonder.

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Oh gosh this is so hard. I think I'd have to choose a really good curry as my absolute favorite. I also love chips and salsa though, sushi, and pickles. 

• Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 4/14, 15 weeks tomorrow

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange

Upcoming Appointments: appt on 11/5, then anatomy scan on 11/26

How are you feeling? Tired and constipated 

Raves/Rants: 
    Rave: Got some fun things this week. Cooking class at local winery. I'm learning french pastries. I'm excited to make crepes! Then this weekend we have a wedding to go. It's at a winery, so boo to no wine for me.
    Rant: I think DS is ready to potty train, but I'm not. Reading Oh Crap Potty Training and I'm so terrified to start this process. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Chocolate. I'm very into sweets. If we're not talking sweets, I usually like Italian.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi everyone! I’m new, but I just intro’ed in the intro thread. Hopefully it’s ok to check in here as well. 

EDD/W+D: April 13/ 15 weeks

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): a navel orange 

Upcoming Appointments: I have a 16 week check up on Halloween and my anatomy scan on Nov.18. 

How are you feeling? I currently have a head cold but other than that I’m good. I had terrible headaches daily during the second trimester with my daughter but so far they haven’t been nearly as bad this time. 

Raves/Rants: just ready for the weekend and it’s only Monday. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite food? I love dessert, and I’m not too picky. If we’re talking real food, I love tacos! 
    Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP
  • @ChelleCPA Welcome to group 2. Good to have you. 

@Kathryn0903 I’m terrified of potty training and intentionally waiting until DH is off for Christmas break. 

@l@littleredm I find 2nd tri easier, but I know that’s not the case for everyone. Hope the headaches go away. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I was originally going to wait till December, but DS keeps undressing and taking his diaper off, so I think it could be beneficial to train earlier. He hands me his diaper and tells me to "throw away".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 and @mercury94 Good luck with potty training! I remember being so stressed out about it and then it all passed really quickly. Admittedly, we did it pretty late (a little over age 3), but we'd tried earlier without success and I decided to just let it ride. Eventually it was clear he was more interested and it was pretty quick at that point.

@littleredm This time around I had so much nausea in the first trimester that the second had to be better. I don't think things noticeably improved in the second trimester of my first pregnancy, but that was much easier in general.

Welcome, @ChelleCPA!

EDD/W+D: April 14, 14 w 6 d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Beet

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal consult for preterm labor this week, then a checkup on 11/14 and an ultrasound on 11/25

How are you feeling? A lot better. Exhausted because of some insomnia last night, and a few headaches, but nothing really awful.

Raves/Rants: I'm in a mood at work today. There's a task I do on Monday mornings that a coworker asked if I could do by 9am. I told him daycare drop off is at 8am, so I can't get to the office before 9. Today when we were sending agenda items for a meeting tomorrow, he said one of his agenda items is finding a way to get this particular task done by 8am(!) on Mondays. 

Questions: Any STM+s with airplane travel experience while pregnant? I did once during my last pregnancy, but I'm flying to Colorado next week and I'm pretty nervous. I have compression socks and I know to get up and walk around when I can. I'm mostly really nervous about nausea. I always take Dramamine on flights, but my OB said I can't. I didn't remember that restriction from last time.

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Toss up between sushi, which I love but don't eat often, and a really good lasagna. 
  • Thanks for the welcome y’all. @littleredm I meant to put this in my post earlier about trimester 2 vs trimester 1. For me last pregnancy, the second was definitely worse than the first. I woke up and went to bed with terrible headaches for months. The doctor prescribed something but honestly I was a little scared to take it too often so I struggled through. Then one day I woke up and the headaches were gone. This pregnancy has generally been much easier which makes me nervous but I know there’s still time for the headaches to start. I’m really hoping that yours get better soon and that it’s just your body continuing to adjust. I know how miserable it is and hope you get some relief. 
  • @kathryn0903 ooh a cooking class sounds so fun. I was watching a food network show where they were making crepes two days ago and thought to myself that I'd really love to learn how to make them!
    @aresee lasagna sound so good right now. I hope that everything goes well with your flight. I would suggest the preggie pops for nausea. They seem to help me when I'm feeling nauseous. 
    @ChelleCPA Welcome! Thank you for letting me know that I'm not alone and that you understand how miserable it's been. I broke down and took fioricet that my doctor gave me and it helped so much. Praying that it has broken the cycle for good. I hope you start feeling better soon from your cold!
  • EDD/W+D: April 10

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal appointment next week and an ultrasound on 11/27

How are you feeling? Pretty exhausted because DH and I are still recovering from our colds.

Raves/Rants: I feel accomplished as I cleaned the house this weekend and I plan to spend more time in the kitchen this week.Small wins right! Rant - I'm not looking forward to the back aches in the 2nd 3rd tri. 

Questions: what registries do you mamas prefer?

GTKY: What is your favorite food? I would say Italian and Mexican

@aresee I think you got the basics covered. Hydrate in excess, even if it means getting up to go pee, and it'll help with the walking as well. I second preggie pops!
  • @sanpelligrino I like the Amazon registry.  I think some people also like Target if you want a physical in store registry as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry for the work frustrations @mercury94 & @aresee ! Welcome @ChelleCPA ! @mandarenee898 I have never seen such a pancake! I was in Amsterdam this summer and they were really into their pancakes, but that one looks even more delicious! Seems super fluffy! @sanpelligrino great question re: registry. Was wondering the same! When did you guys start one? @Kathryn0903 I hear ya on the constipation. Got a glass of prune juice right now 🤣 @littleredm good luck listing your house! We are moving apartments at end of nov and finding one then moving seems daunting enough. Can’t imagine also having to list a place!
  • gingers19gingers19 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D: April 12, 15w2d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Upcoming Appointments: early nov for OB, late nov anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Constipated and indigestion if those two can even go together, but overall good!

Raves/Rants: my rant is that awkward stage between regular clothing and maternity clothes. I’ve switched to maternity jeans but can mostly keep wearing my shirts except they feel kinda weird.

Questions: maybe a question for for second time mamas- I’ve felt something that I can beat describe as a rubberband snapping against my insides, could that be very early kicks? Happens rarely but today a few times.

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Hmm, lately thai food, burgers, and chicken wings!
  • @mandarenee898 I’m so glad the spotting stopped. I hope it stays away the rest of the pregnancy. I think it’s more exciting to find out at the anatomy scan than over the phone. But, it was nice to find out a little earlier last time. I really want to know before we go to Disney. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 Great point! But still seeing everyone finding out is making me excited! Were you thinking of doing a gender reveal at Disney to your family? That would be so cool!
  • @mandarenee898 We’re considering it. Mostly I want to buy the Mickey ears with the name embroidered for the nursery and maybe a social media gender reveal. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @gingers19 yes! To the awkward stage of maternity clothes! I have also switched to maternity pants bc my regular ones don’t fit at all. My shirts still mostly fit though. To me I obviously have a baby bump 😂 but objectively I feel like I just look chunky right now and it’s made me feel self conscious. I wear my zip up jacket a lot to kind of hide the awkwardness. I’m ready for the cute basketball bump. 
  • @mercury94 what a cute idea! ❤️
  • So I had my high risk consult yesterday. I liked the doctor a lot, and we agreed that even though I was only borderline, I should go ahead and get the weekly progesterone shots because there's basically no risk and the potential benefit is high. I'm on board with that.

The only thing that has me worried is that my blood pressure was pretty high. I've never had that before, and they took readings at the beginning and end of my appointment. He told me not to worry about it too much unless it remains elevated, but my regular OB's office just called because she wants to see me to check it next week. It's really stressing me out (which is obviously not helpful). 
  • @aresee Try not to worry about the blood pressure until the recheck. It’s possible that you were just nervous at the appointment. 

That said, it’s pretty hard not to worry about things. I’ve had a stressful couple of weeks at work. This morning, everything blew up again. I felt like I was on the verge of a serious panic attack. My heart has been kind of racing a bit. So, I’m taking a break and sitting with my feet up and I made an appointment with the NP at my cardiologist’s office for next week because that’s the soonest I could get in without going to the ER, which I might do if I can’t calm down on my own soon. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I'm so sorry you're having a rough time at work and that you're going through this today. I hope you can get things under control and have a nice break this weekend!
  • EDD/W+D: April 14/15W 3D

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: team blue

Baby is the size of a(n): apple

Upcoming Appointments: OB appointment Nov. 8

How are you feeling? Back to normal and having cravings!

Raves/Rants: been MIA for the last few weeks. Baby boy had a positive NT scan so we went ahead with genetic screening. Everything came back as low risk but I won’t feel totally confident in the test results until after the fetal echo in January. I have a congenital heart defect so I’m still worried about that. I probably won’t be able to relax fully until he’s here.

in exciting news, I’ve been feeling him a ton! I’m pretty sure I got a little kick. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Give me all the bread and cheese. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @aresee maybe ask your ob if you can try taking the bp at home with your own machine. I have white coat syndrome, so I have to take my bp at home and bring in readings to my ob. As long as my numbers are fine at home, my ob is ok with that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aresee it may seem kind of silly but also make sure they are taking a “good” blood pressure. There are lots of things that can make BP high on a single (or 2 close together) readings. Some things I’ve learned that can help are sitting with your feet flat on the ground (legs not crossed) and arm supported on something (like a table or arm rest). They shouldn’t take it over you clothing, even a thin shirt or have you roll up a long sleeve so it creates a tourniquet kind of thing. Asking for a few minutes to relax before they take it may help. Also, having an empty bladder bc that pressure/discomfort can even cause an increase in BP!  

Hope you’re reading next week at the OB is good! And have a relaxing weekend! 
  • @coaster102516 I had a very similar experience with DS. Also have a congenital heart defect (VSD). I basically could have written your post during my first PG in 2017. DS is perfect. No trisomies and no heart defect. I just wanted to share in case it helps ease some of your worry. I hope everything looks great with your little man. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 thank you! Always helpful to hear someone else’s experience

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA lately. Work stuff is getting crazy, as is my masters degree. @mercury94 inboxed me to check in, so I thought I’d stop by quick before my road trip with MH to update you all! 

EDD/W+D: April 10/16w1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 🥑 

Upcoming Appointments: November 14 I think? It all mushes together now! Anatomy scan is in about 3 weeks. I know that much! 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Headaches are almost constant, gas pains at night are the worst, exhaustion is real... but, baby is healthy so I’m happy! 

Raves/Rants: heard baby’s heartbeat again a week and a half ago. It took the doctor no time at all to find it, which relieved MH and I very quickly. Our PGAL minds wander about a week before each appointment. We recorded it for one of my students who is autistic. He wanted to know what it sounds like, so we recorded it so he could listen. He now asks daily to hear it! Lol. We could hear baby moving also... I can’t wait to see all this in our next ultrasound! I haven’t seen baby since 7w1d 🥰 
    I told mercury about what all is going on. We are on the verge of a strike against our school district, so we have a lot of extra meetings and events we are doing right now. It’s taking up a lot of my extra time. I finished my comprehensive exam for my masters degree (I graduate in May) 2 weeks ago which is a HUGE relief, just waiting on results. But I have 2 classes and a practicing to pass yet. To add to it, I was at a conference for a few days this week, and my students had state testing when I got back. 
    This is all really fun with pregnancy brain! Lol. But, MH is taking me on a road trip today to get me away from it all! I’m so excited! We are headed to Bronner’s Christmas store to get some ornaments, and we will eat lunch at our favorite place up there! I can’t wait to get our personalized ornament this year 🥰 I’m getting an expectant mother one! So exciting! 

Questions: are you all getting crazy pregnancy brain? I feel like I can’t get anything from my brain out of my mouth right anymore. It’s crazy! I’m forgetting IEP meetings, simple routines... ugh! 

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Anything Mexican. I lived in Arizona for 3 years and was spoiled by my Mexican mommies and friends, so I love the authentic Mexican, not Americanized. I’m a Mexican food snob. Lol. 
  • @ejoseph16 Pregnancy Brain is strong over here. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ejoseph16 yikes that is hectic with work, school & pregnancy! I also love you story regarding the student with autism. I work a lot with kids with autism and the sensory experience of hearing the heartbeat must have been so great for him! Hope you had a great weekend away! I did something the other day that I totally blamed on pregnancy brain but now I can’t even remember what it was, haha
  • Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I actually think the blood pressure reading might not have been a good one (over a thin sweater and the nurse was super chatty with me while she took it), so I'm trying to stay chill about it and see what happens on Friday.

Update on the work trip: The first, long flight was totally fine. The second flight was super short, but in a much smaller plane and was pretty rough. I wound up throwing up on take off, landing, and in the shuttle to the hotel. Ugh. Planning to get the most out of the work trip I can, and forget about the fact that I'm going to fly back home at some point. :) 

@ejoseph16 The pregnancy brain is real. I bought a new loaf of bread the other day, even though I could have sworn we hadn't finished the last one. It turns out I'd put away half a loaf in the freezer instead of on top of the fridge. Whoops!