Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 10/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 10/24

• Morning all!

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 34/3

Timing: -4, -1, O

Typical LP length: no idea

Testing: WFAF to start

R/R: visiting my friend was lovely and I have my car back from the shop! Also DH and I met up with friends at the local brewery which was nice. He then raged a bit about emotional support animals and I told him he has an empathy problem which isn’t very nice for me to say but has been something I’ve noticed lately. He’s very analytical/a problem solver so that’s part of it. I imagine he’ll be fine by the time he’s home from work.

CS/Q: none

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 7/9

CD/DPO: 22/9

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 9-10. I usually start spotting on 9dpo

Testing: maybe tomorrow 

R/R: Man I had a night! Up for 1/2 night with a stomach bug and maybe got a 2-3 stretch of sleep. Upside is it’ll be a work from home pajama day!

CS/Q: my temp is still up so we’ll see what happens tomorrow. I mentioned earlier in the week that my naturopath had me on a progesterone supplement this month. Not sure how effective it is, but maybe more than I think. Also hopefully the spotting holds off today.

• @bluctickgal oh enjoy furniture shopping! DH and I are due to pick up a few new pieces for the house but it's all so expensive! i hope you're able to find something that you both love
    @pocketrose sounds like you had a nice day! My DH also very analytical (he's an engineer by trade) so sometimes his reason is much more practical then mine and shows way less emotion.
    @gingermama29 oh man. i feel for you! What is a HELOC? A home equity type loan? None of these big expenses are never easy to deal with. Hopefully everything runs smoothly for you.

• Month/Cycle: 12?13? 2 cycles AL

CD/DPO: 20/1

Timing: solid, -4,-3,-2, O

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: nah 

R/R: we took this month “off” because wanted to focus on making adoption plan decisions. I haven’t worn the Ava bracelet at all so my timing on DTD is estimated based on past cycles. I’m pretty regular and I can also kinda “feel” a temp uptick in the day or two before ovulation. Just sensitive to temp changes. This was a long winded rave, just feels nice to relax a bit, give myself low expectations for the month, focus on other stuff.

@bluetickgal yay for furniture shopping! We’re house hunting right now so that takes up my brain space but can’t wait to get to furniture stage in the spring. 
  • @bluetickgal Yay for furniture shopping!!  Your living room will feel brand new, so exciting!!  I cannot wait for a new couch.  We bought a cheap one at Bob's when we bought the house nearly 10 years ago.  Just a tip if you want it to last and you will use it frequently, don't go cheapie with Bob's or Ashley's.. we have Ashley's dining room chairs that are competing worn and we barely use them (bc we are lazy and eat in front of the tv lol)... good luck!!  Post a pic of what you decide on  :)  Your temp is looking nice!

@pocketrose Must be so nice to have your own car back.  That brewery sounds so fun!!  Sorry you and your hubs had a little argument.  Men tend to problem solve and be less emotional... not so much with just listening to a problem, they want to solve it.  Mine will never sugar coat anything, which is nice because I never have to wonder his opinion, but sometimes I could use a little sweetening, less hurting of my feelings (bc I tend to be emotional).  

@gingermama29 Good luck with the HELOC... great time with the rates!  I'm sorry you are dealing with this but at least you found a company that you trust and you know they do good work!  That's so important!  Your temps look awesome... three days in a row same temp!!  Fx it's a lucky streak!!!

@coffeeandcookies84 I'm sorry you had an awful sick night... maybe it's not a stomach bug?!  fx!  Hoping you don't get any spotting today... temps are looking nice...

@rachelredhead I'm glad to hear you are having a relaxing month/cycle.. maybe that will do the trick!  How do you like the Ava bracelet?  I'm thinking of purchasing one, but they are quite expensive, right?  

Month/Cycle:  2/2

CD/DPO:  28/12

Timing:  -4, -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing:  BFN... Thinking AF is on her way.  spotting and cramping.  I really thought this would be the month as my bday is coming up and my PMS symptoms were so not the norm.  I think my cold threw my cycle out of whack... ovulated late/when I had a cold and cycle extended because of it.  I cried on the way to work this am.  Okay pity party over... Hubs is super supportive and lovingly said we will just trying again.   <3

R/R:  I got home just before 10pm last night from back to back meetings in NYC... both went very well... just a long day.  I was able to sleep in and come into work late this am so that was nice.  It's already the afternoon and tomorrow is Friday, yay!

CS/Q:  I don't temp so nothing interesting.  I may start temping, but I'm type A and already drive myself nuts in these TWWs.  Do you guys feel that temping helps or creates more anxiety??  I use the ClearBlue advanced digital OPKs for ovulation timing...  Thanks in advance.   :* 
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @pocketrose glad you had a good visit with your friend and a fun night out. Hopefully YH didn’t take your comment too hard and will be over it by this evening! 
    @gingermama29 thanks! It’s been great having the hand-me-downs, but we’ve been in our house for over 2 years now, so I’m ready to start completing rooms with new furniture! I am so sorry you are having to deal with the basement issues, I can’t even imagine!! That’s good you have an option to at least finance part of it at a lower rate! 
    @coffeeandcookies84 thanks! Yeah, I’m hoping we can find something reasonable that we like! Ugh, so sorry you have a stomach bug!! Hope you are feeling better this morning! Your chart is looking good! It seems like some people still get their period while taking progesterone, and others have to stop to get it to start if they aren’t KU. Hope you aren’t spotting because you are KU though!!
    @rachelredhead hope the month “off” has been lower stress and that you’ve made some good progress with the adoption decisions! Good luck with house hunting...that’s an exciting yet stressful time! 
    @ziggymama06 thanks!! Oh, nice tip...we definitely want the couch/loveseat to last! Thanks, my temp is probably skewed because of the progesterone, but I’ll take it for now! So sorry for the BFN! Sending hugs, it’s always harder when you are convinced that this is the cycle! That’s good YH is so positive & supportive! Glad you got to sleep in after a very long day yesterday...we are so close to the weekend now! ☺️ As far as temping goes, I feel like it helps me know what is going on, which helps me to stress a little less. I tried to take a cycle off a few months ago, and it stressed me out not knowing. I haven’t had a ton of luck with OPK’s, but plan to add them back in next cycle to help avoid confusion with O. May be worth trying for a cycle to see how you like it! 
  • *lurking from wto* 
    @ziggymama06 I’m sorry about the bfn and that you were so upset, hugs <3 I find that temping helps me because I can see the temp drop which prepares me for a bfn if I still decide to test. But also seeing your temps up can give you false hope, but i symptom spot anyway so I give myself hope regardless. Temping gives me a clear indicator of O since I use cheapies. I like to monitor my LP since I’ve had issues with spotting and short cycles in the past. I would say give it a shot and if it gets to be too much you can stop at any time! BBTs are cheap!

@gingermama29 omg noooo I’m sorry about the wall :( at least your H is being proactive about getting the loan situated! I hope everything works out for you. 
  • Hi everyone! So, AF is due Saturday. For the past week I have been having really sore breasts and light cramping. However, on Wednesday I had a really bad lower back ache all day and night, and had a tad bit of really like pinkish spotting when I wiped one time. Just one time though and that was it! Then I woke up today and I seem to feel perfectly fine, no more sore breasts, no spotting... maybe a few very slight cramps. Could this have been implantation happening yesterday?? What do you guys think?? 

Thanks!!! 
  • @bluetickgal Thanks so much for the optimism and advice girl!  I think I will give temping a shot next cycle.  I'll do some research over the weekend.  AF is pretty short for me, usually 3 days, so I'll Amazon Prime that!!   :dizzy:

@konoha Thanks friend!!  That makes total sense... it seems the temp reflects a dip for AF before cramps/spotting occur... that could be super helpful.  I deff symptom spot so unsure if temping will help or make me even crazier (if that's possible?).  I think I will try it...  Now I'll hafta figure out this whole temping/timing thing... oh and purchasing one.  Gotta love Amazon!  

Yesss!  Silver lining that we would be in July BMB together!!  Because next cycle will be ours!  <3

Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Hi everyone! So, AF is due Saturday. For the past week I have been having really sore breasts and light cramping. However, on Wednesday I had a really bad lower back ache all day and night, and had a tad bit of really like pinkish spotting when I wiped one time. Just one time though and that was it! Then I woke up today and I seem to feel perfectly fine, no more sore breasts, no spotting... maybe a few very slight cramps. Could this have been implantation happening yesterday?? What do you guys think?? 

Thanks!!! 
    QFP

Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • I’m sorry I’m new here.. what is QFP??

Thanks!!! 
    QFP

Hi everyone! So, AF is due Saturday. For the past week I have been having really sore breasts and light cramping. However, on Wednesday I had a really bad lower back ache all day and night, and had a tad bit of really like pinkish spotting when I wiped one time. Just one time though and that was it! Then I woke up today and I seem to feel perfectly fine, no more sore breasts, no spotting... maybe a few very slight cramps. Could this have been implantation happening yesterday?? What do you guys think?? 

Thanks!!! 
    QFP

Hi everyone! So, AF is due Saturday. For the past week I have been having really sore breasts and light cramping. However, on Wednesday I had a really bad lower back ache all day and night, and had a tad bit of really like pinkish spotting when I wiped one time. Just one time though and that was it! Then I woke up today and I seem to feel perfectly fine, no more sore breasts, no spotting... maybe a few very slight cramps. Could this have been implantation happening yesterday?? What do you guys think?? 

Thanks!!! 
    QFP

Thanks!!! 
    QFP

What is QFP??
  • @hannahj223 I see you also posted this question by starting a new thread.  This community is for us girls who are Trying to Get Pregnant... so we can't help you.  Besides it being against the rules of the board to ask us if you are pregnant, many of us have never been pregnant, so can't relate.  Even if we could, we do not know what is going on in your body.  It may be wise to purchase a test and see, but it may be too early.  If you are pregnant, there is no need to let us know and you can join in on your BMB.  If you aren't and would like to join and participate in the group, you'll find it useful to lurk for a few days and read the pinned instruction posts regarding how our community works.  Then introduce yourself in the introduction thread.  The community consists of amazing women who support each other, not answer random questions like a personal google.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • My apologies. Saw this was a discussion for TWW which I am currently dealing with. Just looking for support. Goodbye. 
  • ziggymama06ziggymama06 member
    edited October 2019
    My apologies. Saw this was a discussion for TWW which I am currently dealing with. Just looking for support. Goodbye. 
    @hannahj223 Thanks.  FWIW, I think you should apologize in your other thread as well.  I understand your intentions were not to barge in and ruffles feathers, but that is the outcome.  Stop being defensive, apologize, and thank the ladies for their advice.  Good luck to you... 

ETA for tag
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @ziggymama06 sounds good! If you have any specific questions, just let me know! I’d be happy to help! Also, I came back after a busy afternoon and was very confused as to how this thread blew up since there are only a handful of us in here...then I saw why! 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • @ziggymama06 yes!! My temp drop coincided with the spotting that started the day before AF. I feel like the only way temping would be confusing is if your O rise didn’t match up with your opk. Or for bsc if your temps were high and beautiful that you might think everything must be a sign of pg. but I do that anyway regardless if I temp lol. I have the femometer. It’s supposed to have Bluetooth to connect to my phone but I don’t use that part. I would suggest a backlit one (I need to use my phone light to read the temp) and mine seems to take FOREVER to get a reading. But I think since BBTs are very precise it takes longer? I’ve never timed it but when I’m half asleep it seems like it takes a couple minutes. 

& of course I had to think of some silver lining! I hope this will be our month! <3 
  • So sorry to P&G today. It's been a crazy busy day with work and I ended up going to a library program this evening. Checking in and finally responding now.

@coffeeandcookies84 still crossing my fingers for you!! Yes, HELOC = home equity line of credit. Thanks for the well wishes.

@rachelredhead glad you've gotten to relax a bit this cycle.

@ziggymama06 thanks! So sorry for the BFN. I am team temping. It can be frustrating and anxiety inducing at times but not knowing where I am in my cycle, especially with how ridiculously long they are would give me more anxiety.

@konoha thanks friend.
  • Month/Cycle: Jan 2018

CD/DPO: 22-10

Timing: -1-2

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: I’m traveling again for work, so when I get home unless af starts

R/R: Tw pet loss
    Our kitten died last night. It was awful. So if I’m a little bitchy, that’s what is going on 

CS/Q: I seriously can not remember how to share my chart😆

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin so sorry for your loss!! Sending so many hugs!! 💜
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin oh I'm so sorry for your loss. That's awful. Hugs!
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin I'm so sorry, girl.  Hugs   <3
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!