Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 10/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 10/25

• Loading the player...
  • @feather_heather Ugh that sounds awful 😣 What a pain. 

@ziggymama06 I’m so sorry you’re back here. Kudos to you for bouncing back! I have an Ava bracelet, which is relatively expensive, but makes the whole temping thing so easy. You wear it at night and sync it with your phone; it keeps track of your temps and cycle and other indicators and gives you an estimated O date. My understanding of thermometers is that you need to use them as soon as you wake up, before you get out of bed or even move too much, in order for the reading to be accurate. 
  • @ssbl I totally support finding ways to make OPKs less stress! I used to get so worked up about them during the workday too, but I've found that taking them after dinner every day gets me consistent results!

Also, Peggy is just the term we use for these drive-bys who think we're their personal google. It's a play off of "preggie" I believe. I hate the troll Peggys the most! The more believable Peggys just baffle me. Like, if you have a BFP and are looking for people to show it to why would you pick a group of internet strangers? Do you not have friends or family? 

@feather_heather I am gagging for you, friend. Oh my god. I am so sorry. Use vingear! And can you get activated charcoal? I'm a big fan these days :D 

@ziggymama06 Sorry about CD1! I use a Femometer because it's bluetooth and syncs to an app on my phone so I don't have to try to read it in the dark. I have an alarm set every day for 5:45 and that's when I temp (when I'm temping, taking this cycle off), no need to do it in the middle of the night unless your morning wakeup times are inconsistent. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @ssbl Thank you, I try to be optimistic.   :#  I'm looking in to the Ava bracelet also... you only wear it when sleeping right?  I saw something that said it is useful during pregnancy too, but I'm not sure I understand why... Like I'm fine to spend the money, but feel like with my luck I'd only wear it one cycle... but then I guess it would have worked?  I'm torn.

@mvt2003 Your weekend sounds so fun!!  Are you dressing up?  Good luck with your 5k and your hubs for pushing you!  My house needs a scrubbing too... I'm just too exhausted after work and my long commute.  Thanks for the tips!  That's awesome that the Femometer syncs to your phone so you don't have to worry about logging it first thing.  Do you then wake up after temping... or go back to sleep for a bit?
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 Not dressing up this year, this is a trail run. I did a fun Halloween one last year that I'll probably go back to next year! I usually temp at 5:45 then doze for another 15 minutes, if I'm going to get a run in I need to be out the door by 6:20 at the very latest. 

• @ziggymama06 - Ohh good to know you use vinegar on your hardwood floors - I'm reading conflicting information on that online. Not having to cancel a massage is always good news! I also use an AVA bracelet to temp and would recommend it. 

@mvt2003 - Going to look into the activated charcoal right now! Anything to get rid of the smell! Have fun this weekend!
  • @feather_heather I have 6 bags of it if you need to borrow some! :D:D:D 

• *Lurking from TWW*
    @ziggymama06 so sorry you are back over here! As far as temping tips go...like @mvt2003 said, no need to temp in the middle of the night unless you have majorly inconsistent sleeping patterns. As long as you get 3-4 hours of constant sleep, that’s good. The key is consistency, so try and temp as close to the same time as possible each morning without getting out of bed first. I set an early alarm for the weekend (which sucks) and then just go back to sleep after temping. If you don’t get a thermometer that has Bluetooth, I’d suggest getting one that has a backlight so you can see it in the dark! The first one I got didn’t and I had to use my phone light to shine on it so I could read it...super annoying when you are half asleep! 
  • @ziggymama06 Yeah, you just wear it when you’re sleeping. I remember reading you can use it during pregnancy too, but I didn’t pay too much attention to that at this point. I bought it after six months TTC when I was starting to lose my mind and pretty much would try anything. I figured if I used it for just one cycle I’d be too happy to care about spending the money lol. I also hope to have more than one child so I hope to get use out of it in the future.
  • @feather_heather Since we purchased our home almost 10 years ago we have only used vinegar (mixed with water) to clean the wood floors, after vacuuming.  We had the floors refinished when we moved in.  We read back then that using typical floors cleaners add a film to the wood that can layer/cake up over time, so we never used them... and vinegar is much cheaper in comparison lol.  Good luck with the cleanup... let us know how you make out.  I'm so tempted to buy the Ava... 

@bluetickgal Aww thanks girl!  I appreciate all the tips!  I'm a bit torn between splurging on the Ava or getting a BBT with the bluetooth (I love that idea!!).  Will do some research this weekend.  I'm anxious to get started so will likely go with the BBT since I can buy it on Amazon and begin right away!!   :D

@ssbl Thanks!  I didn't really think about using it again for the next child. Ideally I would like more than one as well... so that's a good idea!  

Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ssbl - it's amazing how quickly you feel protective of this group, isn't it? I wish I could put a bubble around everyone to keep out the hurtful driveby's. 

@feather_heather - oh no! Rotting pumpkins are so gross! I hope you were able to get rid of the smell before dinner tonight!

@ziggymama06 - ugh I'm sorry you're over here in WTO. I'm glad you've found a silver lining in the wine and massage, though! 

@mvt2003 - All the props to you for a morning run. I can barely walk to the coffee maker in the morning, let alone going outside and (GASP!) exercising.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 16ish

WAYDTGKU: BBT, tracking in FF, OPKs, etc etc...

R/R: ugh, a rant: TL;DR - Sex didn't happen on O day and I'm mad.

So as I've said before, this is my first cycle post-IUD removal. It's taken longer to ovulate than usual (which is fine and expected) so I've been temping and using OPKs to stay on top of things. My husband is SO INTO having a kid and has been really interested in seeing where my cycle is at (ie: asking if the OPKs were positive yet, how's the temp graph looking, etc). Finally got a positive OPK a couple days ago, we DTD accordingly, but I knew I hadn't ovulated yet due to temps. Yesterday I was positive it was O day, and wouldn't ya know...we absolutely could not find time to DTD. Husband got stuck in traffic on the way home from work, meaning we had to immediately go out to a previously scheduled family obligation, and then he had stupid bowling league at night. I asked him like 7 times not to go to bowling but because someone else on the team already wasn't going, he felt like he had to. So f'ing annoying, it's not like they're pro. It's a damn beer league. Then when he *finally* got home, he and my mom (who had been hanging with me as my dad is on the same bowling team) got into a huuuuuuge political conversation that lasted until 11:30pm. After that sex just wasn't going to happen -- he was too tired, I kept dozing off, and the next thing we knew it was morning. I temped and my temperature went way up, meaning yesterday was almost certainly O day. I'm so freaking annoyed that after all this goddamn waiting, he couldn't skip bowling. JUST SKIP BOWLING, DUDE :s

CS/Q: Nothing. 
  • @kmalls Ugh, I’m so sorry. That’s super frustrating. At least you squeezed it in a couple days ago—still good timing!
  • Sorry I'm late, but still wanted to join in!

@ssbl I'm glad you found a less stressful way to use OPKs! That's how I use them too. Taking them to work sounds super annoying. Also, yay for O! I've read some of the Peggy Posts too and am always baffled when they receive a kind and gentle response and still don't listen or sincerely apologize. Smh. I know this is a terrible attitude to have, but sometimes on the more extreme ones it makes me feel like it's wild that they're about to be or already are parents... and like, couldn't it have been someone a little more mature instead? But I know those are unproductive thoughts.  

@feather_heather Nooooo! Sorry that happened to you. That is a lot to deal with after a day of work. I hope you were able to save your floors and rug! Sound more like evil stepmother pumpkins :/

@ziggymama06 Sorry for CD 1  :( I hope you have a fun birthday week and treat yourself! A massage sounds wonderful. Do you do them regularly? I've never gotten one, but this school year has me strongly considering it! 

@mvt2003 Congrats on running even when you weren't feeling it! Hope you're enjoying your fun weekend!

@kmalls I'm so sorry. That is really frustrating. I would have gotten very annoyed as well. I hope ya'll were able to talk about it afterwards so that YH can understand how to be a better teammate next time! 
    me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS