February 2020 Moms

WTF Wednesday

What's going you going "WTF" today?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Sorry if I sound whiny lol. So my SIL is due three weeks after I am. I offered to throw her shower a while back and then a few weeks later she said that her other SIL is going to throw it - ok cool no problem. So then I was at their gender reveal and I was talking to her SIL about the shower saying I'm willing to do whatever and I can take care of the invites since I'm a graphic designer and can do cute lettering on the envelopes. Fast forward to last night and my SIL asked when my invites were being sent out for our 12/14 shower and I said probably beginning of November but since my family is throwing it, I didn't have an exact date of when they would send it. I asked if they figured out a theme and if we wanted to get started working on the invite design and she said that her SIL already ordered some online and has them ready to go? Her shower isn't until January...? LOL. Anyways, my feelings are hurt. 
    TW
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahh I am sorry @brookert615. I hate stuff like that! 

Ughh I have dealt with that at my work @babyroma. I usually have everything shipped here so it isn't sitting on my porch all day and it is SO frustrating when I see that they are attempting to deliver it AFTER business hours. Butttt I literally just had a guy from Amazon Quality Assurance come into our office on Monday. He had a breakdown of all orders sent here and how many have been not delivered on time due to them coming after hours. He updated all of our info and gave me the support email and his work email to help eliminate this problem. He said it is something they are really try to work on with businesses. So maybe at some point someone will come to your office if a lot of packages get delivered there and offer the same info. 
  • @brookert615 Awe I'm a designer too and I'd be a little miffed if I was offering design and someone preferred canned stuff (not that I pretty much ever offer to design things for free, but if ya did...)

• @bg122785 yeah amazon doesn't have access to our mailroom at my apartment building so it's much safer to have things shipped here! I guess I have a reputation in the mailroom here for always having packages lol (thanks wedding planning! Lol) 
    Package receiving center is on the list of necessities for the next apartment Haha 
  • @brookert615 - it sounds like there is some sort of jealousy nonsense going on with your SIL. Haters gonna hate I guess!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @brookert615 you are completely justified in feeling miffed! I know she's going to regret her decision as soon as she sees yours. 

@bg122785 @babyroma I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon for the same reason! 

My wtf is for my sister. She's 3 years older than I am, but it feels like she's always claiming dibs on things. I remember when I got married and had invitation samples picked out. She said to me "I was going to use those for my wedding!" (She wasn't even dating anyone at the time...let alone planning a wedding.) So I chose different invitation designs. Most recently, we were at a big family lunch with her fiance's family and mine. Her fiance's parents asked me if I had a name picked out yet. I said I didn't (because DH thinks it's too early), but that I would have named her Elouise and nicknamed her LuLu if it was a girl. My sister immediately jumps in saying "I wanted to name my daughter Elouise!!" So annoying. My response was, "well you still can..." 
  • All I've got is WTF delicious afternoon coffee with sugar daddy as a stir stick- you were so delicious, but then you made me throw up... Why has afternoon coffee and candy forsaken me?!
  • One of my coworkers I haven’t seen in a while: “You look as pregnant now as I ever did!” Kay, thanks. She also had her baby six weeks early...
  • @lanie1000 oh man that would drive me crazy!! You are nicer to her than I would be 😳
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    edited October 2019
    My WTF today: the parking garages at my work have expectant mother parking spots, which is so nice that they offer that...except they won’t let you park in them until you’re in your third trimester. I would understand that if there were a ton of pregnant ladies but the spots are just all vacant! Let me park there! Ugh. 😐
  • @nhh11 That's so interesting. I've never seen them designate expectant spots by trimester. I understand that they would want to save them for people who are experiencing some difficulty...but in my opinion that kicks in about halfway through second trimester! 
  • @lanie1000 Ugh, that's so frustrating! I would definitely get annoyed by that. Good news though since you're totally able to name your child what you want lol.

@craftywitch Oh no!!! Glad it was delicious but sorry it made you sick! What a bummer! 

@Swiftlet People and there comments. Go away annoying coworker!

@nhh11 Okay that's dumb you can't park there yet! Not much longer, though!
    TW
  • @nhh11 That's dumb! Man I could have really used special parking during first tri when it was 100*F out and I was trying not to barf the whole way to and from my car...
  • @nhh11 That's dumb! Man I could have really used special parking during first tri when it was 100*F out and I was trying not to barf the whole way to and from my car...
    Haha I know!! That’s when I was wanting it the most. 
  • @nhh11 I’d just use it! There’s no way someone is going to walk up to you on your way into work and ask what trimester you’re in. 
  • Not Wednesday, but close enough...

yesterday, I was at the park with two of my sons and one daughter.  This older gentleman asked me their ages and when I was done telling him he responded with “I am sorry”.  I am not really snarky in real life and generally try to be respectful of older people regardless of their insensitive comments, but it just came out of my mouth when I asked him why he was sorry.  He kind of tripped over his words and I interrupted him telling him I am very grateful for them.  I feel really bad now, but I am getting tired of people acting like my kids are a burden because most of them are young and there’s a lot of them.  Just because you might be overwhelmed by a group of young kids or a large family, please don’t assume I am.  I couldn’t imagine publicly stating that someone’s kids are a burden.  You don’t know what it took that to develop their family and to assume that people are ungrateful or overwhelmed by their circumstance is really shitty.  

Also, I was potentially exposed to CMV again.  I have to get tested again.  Hopefully, it’s negative again.  Praying it is!
  • @DDRRT1982 Wow. I am sorry you had to deal with that guy! And crossing everything that your test comes back negative!  <3
    TW
  • @DDRRT1982 sorry about that guy and dealing with CMV again. Positive thoughts for everything being ok.