TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of October 21

1. Introduce yourself
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year? 

Re: TTCAL Week of October 21

• 1. Early loss May 2019 

2. WFAF (mental/physical health benching)

3. We had such a busy weekend that I was actually looking forward to a Monday. Definitely a first! 

4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year? I don’t cook. But I sure do enjoy eating everyone else’s special holiday food! Like my mom’s pasteles, yum! 
  • 1. Introduce yourself- miscarried 2014, 2019, and CP August 2019. Diagnosis: hypothyroidism, blood clotting factor, and mthfr
    2. Status? AF showed her ugly face today.
    3. R/R: Great weekend, but was very busy. This week I am getting back to being healthy and jogging. I also have an appointment with my RE this week. I am thinking about discussing with her about not trying but not preventing over the holidays and just taking a break. 
    4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year? 
    I second @ty@tyrion_ 😂 I don’t cook very much anymore, but I love when my mom makes her famous meals. I do have to say since it is cooler weather I am making some delicious soups!!! 😋
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Introduce yourself PM in 2/2018
    2. Status? WTO 
    3. R/R: Rave, great weekend beautiful weather. Rained all day on Sunday but it made for a good rain day.
    4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year? I love baking so this time of year is wonderful. My most requested is a pecan pie I make, its special because its my Granny's recipe and its pecans from her house. Other than that cookies, breads, cakes, the only thing I don't like about it is the clean up. 

@tyrion_ I know just how you feel mentally. Who though ttc would be so stressful and mentally/emotionally exhausting. Take it easy and try enjoying the time.

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I feel the same as you. We aren't actively charting and keep track of everything, but we are definitely not preventing and still trying to time it right. I feel like when we were actively charting and everything it almost consumed my week/month. I was constantly overthinking and counting how many days until this what day of the week that will happen and it made it very stressful. 
  • 1. Introduce yourself: MC Sept 2019
    2. Status? CD3
    3. R/R: I started a new job this year, I'm doing well at it, I've been offered a nice contract for next year, but it is seasonal and this season will be ending next weekend. I get praise at my job and people have been wonderful, but right now I don't think I want to go back. I think I want to attempt to do daycare at home so that I can stay home with future hypothetical child and take some online courses to finish my teaching degree. I'm so afraid to take that leap though. 
    4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year? For Halloween we always have chili after trick or treating, but for Thanksgiving I always host. My favorite thing to make is my Nanny's German Chocolate Pie. I could probably eat an entire one by myself. Right now. 
  • 1. Introduce yourself: MMC Feb 2019, MC June 2019
    2. Status? TWW
    3. R/R: Rave: Starting a new job next Monday so have the week to veg and relax! Also, the apartment next door is being sold and we might buy it to combine with our existing unit!
    4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year? I cook and bake everything! Each November we have all of our friends and their families over for a Friends-giving potluck. I'll make the turkey and stuffing and everybody else will bring sides and desserts. I'm really looking forward to that!
  • @ble1 I am constantly trying to figure out our schedule based on ttc and I just can’t live my life like that... I feel my anxiety gets really bad and I get so mean and snappy... I don’t want to be like that! 

@modoodles I say go for it!!! If your DH supports you and you feel like it is the right time I do not think you will ever regret finishing your degree! 

l@laurenmicheley I am sorry you find yourself here! I hope you find the support you need! 
  • 1. Introduce yourself: incomplete MC and D&C March 2019
    2. Status? TWW (testing tomorrow >_<) 
    3. R/R: I'm taking today and tomorrow off. Kind of wish I had just taken the whole week off, haha! Nice to not worry about work for a few days. Also, my husband ran his first half marathon in brooklyn this past saturday! I'm so proud of him!
    4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year? I've done some baking, hoping to do more this year- pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and lots of cookies.  

@ble1 I haaaate clean up after baking! it's the worst part of baking

@laurenmicheley good luck with the new job! 

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls. Go for it! No better time than now to do something you're passionate about.

TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @Mamaof2beautifulgirls Thank you! Not happy to be here, again; but grateful to have a group of supportive women who actually get it. 

@manillabar Thanks! Your husband must have run right past my apartment on Saturday. I live right on the marathon route. 
  • 1. CP 2/19, MC 5/19, MC 8/19

2. WTO

3.R/R: Holy smokes I need rain boots!  :D 

4. I love to make my grandmother's ginger snaps recipe. They're divine!
  • @manillabar FX everything crossed for you!!!!
  • @laurenmicheley sorry you're here again. This isnt a board anyone looks forward to joining, but luckily everyone here is really great. Good luck with buying the apartment next door that'd be awesome to combine yours and theres
  • 1. I’m an old member returning after *TW* my rainbow baby was born in Feb 2019 *End TW*
    5 MCs/CPs from 2017-2018. Not sure I still belong here, but I feel more comfortable here than on TTGP right now. Hope you all don’t mind me joining?
    2. Status? We’re not charting, but currently in TWW based on symptoms.
    3. R/R: Fall in the Sonoran desert is my favorite time of year! Weather is sunny and mild. 
    4.GTKY: Everyone loves my super cheesy and super creamy green bean casserole! 
  • @cassafrass15 welcome!!! Hope you find support here and your stay here is short!
  • Going back to the doctor today ladies! I will post an update about what my next steps are in this not fair journey! 
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls Good Luck at doctors. 
  • 1. Introduce yourself: MMC Oct. '19
    2. Status?: WTO/Benched until after next AF. Possible hyperthyroidism (working with my doc since my TSH was borderline, but my T3 uptake was high.)
    3. R/R: Today is day #12 of bleeding post-MC. I. Am. Over. It. 
    4.GTKY: The holidays are right around the corner. Is there any special food you make during this time of the year?: I don't have a signature holiday dish, but I usually do most of the cooking & baking for Thanksgiving, and we spend Christmas with MH's family so I try to help his mom in the kitchen as much as I can. People at work most often ask me to bake my anise cookies for Christmas, because they went over really well a few years back.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ttcbabyodo The image in your spoiler is the best thing I've seen all day!
  • @ttcbabyodo I hope your doctor will treat your hypothyroidism. My RE says a lot of times if you are borderline most doctors won’t treat it. I have mild hypothyroidism and I can tell a huge difference on my meds verses off my meds! I would strongly advocate for myself! 

Update:  My RE wants us to try a few more IUIs. My husband wants to do another IUI. I am just on the fence. Not really sure what to do...🤷‍♀️