June 2020 Moms

Group 1 (June 1-6) Weekly Check In | Week of 10.21

Welcome to our first edition of check ins by week! Next week these can all be started on Monday.

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Group 1 (June 1-6) Weekly Check In | Week of 10.21

• EDD: 6/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: not until 11/8

How are you feeling? Exhausted 

Raves/Rants: too tired to complain even though I have lots of complaints 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? We'll see if I have any left... Skittles, m&ms, Twix, Starburst, snickers
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD: June 1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out

Upcoming appointments: 11/4

How are you feeling?  Can't remember ever being so tired.

Raves/Rants: This week is dragging on so slowly.  I can't wait to the weekend.  Looking forward to next week and Halloween, though!

Questions: None

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?  DH bought all the good stuff.  Hersheys, Reeses.  I need to try to avoid them for another week. 
  • lynkatlynkat member
    edited October 2019
    @pourmeanothermocktail I have no advice on the sleep but I feel for you!! Sending you solid sleep vibes, I know that’s got to hard.

EDD:
    6/5 (got my official EDD last week from my midwife so it looks like I belong in this group 🤗)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: hopefully team green if I get my way, DH is undecided

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: first appointment on 11/15

How are you feeling? Most of the day I am feeling well, just tired. Mornings are rough right now. I’ve vomited the last 2 days so I’m wondering if that’s a new first tri norm. I sure hope not but I’m thankful I’m home and not a classroom teacher this pregnancy. I’m quickly outgrowing my pants too. The blump is very present already.

Raves/Rants: it’s my hubby’s birthday & I’m excited to celebrate him!

Questions: none today 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?
    I haven’t thought about this at all. We will be in my parents’ neighborhood so I think I get to opt out 😬. I can’t eat any of that with my gallbladder issues so not having the temptation in the house is a win for me.

eta a tag
  • EDD: 6/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear :) 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow, finally 

How are you feeling? actually, good. extra tired in the morning and evening, super hungry always

Raves/Rants: I love my maternity bra and this weather. no rant this week

Questions: how far into pregnancy would you find out if you were having twins? couple sets in my family  

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?  sadly we don’t get trick-or-treaters. so I buy my husband Reese's cups he can share at work 
  • @thumper61 you should find out if its twins your first ultrasound! Are you hoping for them? 
  • EDD: 6/3 per my own unverified calculations :)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry, which is exciting because this is my favorite berry.

Upcoming appointments: First US 10/28!

How are you feeling? Sleepy. (::yawn::)

Raves/Rants: None

Questions: None

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? I'm going to buy that variety pack of mini-bars that has snickers/milky ways/twix/etc. Though, no one ever comes to my door and I always end up handing out the candy at work the next day. We just moved this past June, so fingers crossed for my new neighborhood. I'd love to get trick-or-treaters!

• EDD: June 5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: second ultrasound Nov 4

How are you feeling?: a little tired, sometimes queasy, but overall pretty good 

Raves/Rants: life has been busy and I wish we could spend more time being excited and talking about this baby, but it feels like I hardly see my husband most days - and we are keeping it quiet around our 3 year old. Things should slow down in the next couple of weeks. 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween?: only chocolate because that’s what I want to eat if we have leftovers! 
  • EDD: June 4th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: planning on not finding out - is that Green? :)

Upcoming appointments: 3rd ultrasound at IVF clinic on Tues 10/29 (8.5 weeks)

How are you feeling? Pretty good! I was up with acid reflux til 1 a.m., but I think I know the culprit so I'll be avoiding it from now on so close to bed. Geeeez

Raves/Rants: started using my bella band today (!), and it feels amazing. 

Questions: oh lawdy, as a FTM I'll have plenty of these later, so I think I'll just skip this for now. ;)

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? No clue!! We don't get a lot of kids (30 tops?), and I think last year we did some kind of candy from the co-op. Honestly I'm not feeling super into it, so we'll see. ;)
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  we haven’t found out for any of our other 3 but after a very difficult last year and a half my hubby says he wanted to find out because he’s “had enough surprises lately”. I keep reminding him it’s a surprise either way. Lol we will see if we end up finding out this time or not. 

Upcoming appointments: next week because I forgot my appointment at my doctors this week.... 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

How are you feeling? So so so so tired and also nauseous on and off, but nothing too unbearable. Also cramping on and off which I’ve had with all 3 of my previous pregnancies but it’s never not scary! 😬

Raves/Rants: Rave: hubby is watching the kids so I can meet a friend this Saturday. Rant: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? We live in the middle of the country and rent the farm house on a farm. No one comes out here. Lol 
  • @thumper615 they usually can tell on the first ultrasound. 
    Side note: I had a VERY vivid dream last night that I was having triplets. Made the mistake of telling hubby and he’s legit afraid. 😂 multiples do not run anywhere in my family. 
  • edited October 2019
    EDD: June 3rd

Team: Finding out! Can't wait to do gender reveal cupcakes or something equally as cliche ;)

Baby is the size of a: raspberry

Upcoming appointments: I have an initial workup with my midwife tomorrow. Was supposed to get it done last week, but they ended up pushing it back so that I could be seen by the ultrasound technician after a scary SCH bleed.

How are you feeling? My bleeding has slowed down to a small, brown trickle for the past 5 days, but I'm still constantly on edge. Overall my symptoms have been relatively mild, although I still have really strong food aversions. These days I spend most of my trips to the grocery store just wandering aimlessly, hoping that something will eventually sound good enough to stomach. I haven't exercised since I started spotting 2 weeks ago, which is a major bummer.

Rants: After I was diagnosed with an SCH, my midwife told me that she didn't think I needed any follow up ultrasounds unless I started bleeding more. The front desk then canceled my 11-week viability scan because I already received a scan at 7-weeks due to the bleed. The more I read about SCH from other moms and OBs, the angrier I get that my midwife is being so casual about it. I don't think that I need to be constantly monitored, but I think it deserves at least some level of attention. I'm going to bring this up with my midwife tomorrow. If she still fights me on the ultrasound issue, I guess I'll be looking for a new midwife!

Raves: I am so grateful for the fact that I have SO MANY healthy food options where I live (Portland, OR). I have had very little desire to cook anything over the past 2-3 weeks, and it has been a huge relief to be able to easily pick up food that I know is good for me and the baby. 

GTKN: Probably a combo of large candy bars and non-candy options (stickers, toys, etc). We don't get too many trick or treat-ers in our neighborhood, so we like to spoil the ones who make the effort :)

• EDD: June 1st

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We are so finding out! Now sure what the colors mean?

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry or gummy bear 

Upcoming appointments: phone appointment 11/11. 

How are you feeling? Pretty awful. Exhausted, so nauseous, my boobs are killing me and this week my sciatica decided to flare up. Super fun!

Raves/Rants: I refuse to get on the scale but I know I’ve gained more than I should at this point. I’m having so many food aversions that all I can really keep down is carbs and cheese. Raves: my husband is making my a grilled cheese and tomato soup atm... he’s a rockstar  

Questions: do any experienced momma on here have an absolute must read for first timers like me?

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? We never have trick or treaters in our complex. But we are traveling to Seattle and will be dressing up as Rick and Morty 🤪
  • EDD: 6/8/2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 2nd Appointment 11/12/19

How are you feeling? I have been sick/nausea and very tired, I went to the ER 10/22/19 to get an IV, they ran a couple of test and did an ultrasound. I have a small subchorionic hemorrhage but I have not experienced any vaginal bleeding so far. My uterus is anteverted (after two births I never heard this one before) & I have a fibroid. So I was home from work for about a week worried...

Raves/Rants: I'm always hungry, I can't sleep through the night because I pee at least 2 to 3 times. I was craving Collard Greens this weekend and begged my Mother to make me some. I just want to be home in my bed.

Questions: Has anyone experienced subchorionic hemorrhage or anteverted uterus?????

GTKY: What are you giving out for Halloween? Nothing, taking my 8-year-old to a Harvest festival at church with Hubby.
    TTMills,
    "wishing all the mommies a healthy & happy nine months of pregnancy"
  • @ladybird5617 Colors refer to people that already know the baby's sex. Pink, Blue, and then "green" is for not finding out until birth. Finding out obviously want to find out but haven't yet.

@ttmills620 I had a SCH at 10 weeks with my first, he's now almost 3.5. Scary, but resolved. There are a few other people experiencing them now, in the Spotting/Bleeding support thread. Also, we did start a new thread for our check in for this week, just to let you know.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ttmills620 I currently have a SCH. Can't tell you for sure how it will all play out, as it is still early for me, but I've read A LOT of stories of women with SCH who turn out to be just fine. Studies have shown that if a SCH is small or medium, your chances of a first-trimester miscarriage are no different than a normal pregnancy. So, it is encouraging to hear that your SCH is small. If it ends up bleeding out, there can be a lot of blood--don't panic! Let your OB know if/when you experience any bleeding so that they can check on the baby. Stay hydrated, and stay positive :)
  • thank you, I'm a little behind! 
    TTMills,
  • thank you so much @ladybird5617 & Ladyscientist823, the ER Doctor looked me and my Husband right in the face and talked to us like we were losing our baby, it was so scary. I begin to cry but we have been praying over our unborn child each and every day. I have been reading and reading, educating myself as much a possible, so I feel a lot better at this point. I will take a look at the Spotting/Bleeding support thread. Thank you, Ladies. 
    TTMills,