Group 4 (2/22-2/29) check-in w/o 10/21

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? :

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your nursery theme/color(s)?

Re: Group 4 (2/22-2/29) check-in w/o 10/21

• Loading the player...
  • @babyroma, my H is losing his office to turn it into a nursery. He is on call though so sometimes he works late into the night, overnight, early mornings so he could never share with a nursery. If your office wouldn’t need to be used during baby’s sleep time at naps or nights then maybe it could work. 
  • @char245, we have been having turkey tacos, crockpot meals, chicken parm. I don’t want pork but otherwise enjoy eating most foods. 
  • @jvk2012 neither of us work from home much, I'd much rather have the desk in the living room especially if there's room. We had talked about putting our extra queen  bed in the nursery too. I think it all just boils down to wherever we move & the spaces layout. 
  • EDD: Feb 28 / 21+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Upcoming appointments: Nov 8 for 4 week check up and to redo some of my AS

How are you feeling? : Ok.. Still exhausted, feeling more uncomfortable and random aches and pains

Raves/Rants:
    Rave - My lifelong girlfriend is planning my mostly friends shower for end of November and she is amazing and on top of everything. Getting really excited for it!

Rants - So. Many. Rants. Biggest rant right now is we've been sleeping in our dining room for the past year because the house we bought last July needed a full basement gut and reno where we're putting our bedroom, ensuite, rec room, office, etc. H has been doing the renos himself and what was promised to be a half year project is now going on 15 months. What was going to be the office is now going to be the nursery. While the pregnancy has ramped up his work on it, currently we have 3 of the walls framed for the nursery and that's it...  We have H's kids 3 every other week and they have the 3 existing bedrooms (and they absolutely cannot share, god forbid). I'm dreading the thought that we're still going to be sleeping in the dining room when I have this kid, and have her out there with us in her bassinet without any designated spot for a glider or changing or privacy. His current rate of work is really good when we don't have the kids and then the weeks we do have them he gets maybe 1 day of work in. And I feel like we're just bleeding money into this project for the last year without much discernible progress! Sorry for the long rant but I don't really have anyone to unload this on without them judging him (or us), which isn't helpful to my stress levels. And I know lots of people have babies without a space of their own, it's just been a long 15 months in the frickin dining room!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your nursery theme/color(s)? Nursery (when finished with walls and flooring and everything) will be mountain/woodland theme
  • @char245 Since I’ve been back to meal prepping, I’ve done chili, butternut squash soup, pot roast with veggies and mashed potatoes and chicken with broccoli and white rice. Trying to keep things simple right now!
  • @kper82 oh man, that sounds rough!! My grandparents decided to reno their house from the ground up and my grandma likes to say they're on year 7 of the 5 year plan. 
    Are the other kids old enough where they could maybe help with some of the projects? It could be fun and mean something to them to help build baby's room! 
  • EDD:    2/28     21w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:   Blue

Baby is the size of a(n):    Endive

Upcoming appointments:     11/5

How are you feeling?:     Okay. I'm still pretty exhausted during the day and sometimes I swear he has his foot in between my ribs. 

Raves/Rants: Rants....so many rants! I am getting crazy insomnia every. single. night. This is the pits for many reasons, but the worst is that my DH gets up at 4 for work and I get up with the oldest at 6 to get ready for school. Mornings are rough for me even when I do actually get some sleep, so my A.M. parenting game is seriously weak! Also I am so tired of being the only person in my house who knows what a broom, dishwasher, trashcan and laundry basket are for. Get. It. Together. People.

Questions: Nada

GTKY: What is your nursery theme/color(s)?  We are not doing a nursery for this baby. He will be in our room for the first 6 months or so and then we will transition him into co-sharing with his brother. We just moved in May, so if we are still here next May, maybe I will actually paint something. lol

Me: 35
    DH: 37
    Married: May 2011
    DD: Dec 2013
    DS: Sept 2015
    #3: EDD 2/28/20
  • @babyroma We will have the 16 year old help with some of the decor (she's a very talented artist so I'm hoping she'll help with the mountain mural I'm planning on painting, and her dad has asked her to paint a custom canoe paddle for the wall), but the younger two are 8 and 10 and they can't really help with the construction etc.. So not much else to do but be encouraging and hope for the best!
  • @kper82 OMG I can only imagine the nightmare. This would drive me nuts. I would have the 2 boys share a room. It would only be during construction time. Once the basement is done, they can have their own room.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup Unfortunately the 8 and 10 year olds are girl and boy and are like oil and water. Apparently they used to share a room before the divorce when they were much younger, but now they can't even sit beside each other to eat dinner, and they have to be on opposite ends of the L-shaped couch to watch TV.. It's so extreme! Somewhat hilariously, and yet not, the 10 year old is just like his dad and the 8 year old is just like her mom!
  • EDD: 22 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💚

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Upcoming appointments: AS on Friday! I can’t wait to see this little peanut again! 

How are you feeling? I’m having some really back siatic pain! If that’s how you spell it! Hopefully that doesn’t stick around all pregnancy!

Raves: My son (3.5) this week started tell his little sister (20 months) about how she is going to be a big sister! He is getting so excited and it makes me so happy! 

GTKY: What is your nursery theme/color(s)? 
    We currently live in a 2 bedroom on the main floor home so baby’s nursery will be a bassinet in our bedroom! My other two kids sleep in the other room. Our house has been on the market forever and no bites! So baby will sleep in our room until at least summer!
  • Thanks ladies! Now I have some dinner ideas  :) Tonight might be breakfast for dinner, thanks @celticknotfire. @Swiftlet do you have a good recipe for the butternut squash soup? 
  • @kbrinks2 unfortunately your sciatic nerve pain likely won’t go away until baby is born. Your growing uterus is tilting your pelvis, which in turn is pinching your sciatic nerve(s). You can try a pregnancy support band, chiropractic adjustments, and/or physical therapy in the meantime.
  • @22ksi2 I am due 2/22 and I have an appointment on 11/05. This is the 24-week appointment. My practice sees you every 4 weeks from 8 weeks to 28 weeks. Then it's every 2 weeks from 28 to 36 and then every week from 36 until birth. Maybe they have the same protocol? I don't know what they'll do at my next appointment. I forgot to ask.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @char245 I use Weight Watcher's "Butternut Squash Bisque" recipe since it's lighter and I think it's really good!