Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o 10/21

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o 10/21

• Options
    drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: May 4th, 12 weeks today!!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appointments: NT scan tomorrow 🤞🏾

How are you feeling? My appetite is coming back, so much better! Now I just have a lingering headache (The Bump was on point with their description of body changes this week).

Raves/Rants: Rave— the clinic had to cancel my NT scan for this upcoming Friday and rescheduled it to tomorrow. That means I get to see another look at baby three days earlier. 
    Rant— I put my main rant in the B***H out Monday, but I have another one. My mom cleans my house every two weeks but my cat absolutely hates her. So I put my cat in the backyard so she can chase birds/lizards and the fences are too high... or so I thought. When my mom finished up cleaning I couldn’t find my cat anywhere. For an hour, I was search my yard, neighborhood, and asking neighbors if they have seen her. I was crying because I’m very attached to her. Well, and house later... my cat walks in from the backyard like nothing happened. So mean. She’s very smart and I’m convinced she was hiding from me to be petty.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
    I’m not adventurous, at all. The most adventurous thing I’ve done was go to Barcelona for the weekend with a small group of my classmates while studying abroad in Germany. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @drkoyya glad you are getting your appetite back! So nice you get to see baby early! 

EDD: 5/8

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out.... husband wore me down. 

Baby is the size of a(n): fig 

Upcoming appointments: had mine today! Had a little scare when we couldn’t find heartbeat on Doppler so we had a sonogram and baby was kicking away! Such a relief. 

How are you feeling? A little better finally. Still not able to eat meat but am slowing getting less nausea. 

Raves/Rants: rave: got to see baby today! Rant: my house is a mess and I just don’t have the energy to get it in order. 

Questions: naw 

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? Probably cliff jumping in the Philippines. Best experience ever ❤️ I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: 5/4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): 12 weeks 1 day and the bump says Plum for this week AND a swedish fish? Swedish fish i feel was back at week 9.

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow!

How are you feeling? My right shoulder is killing me, i think i'm sleeping on it but Dr. Google also says it could be a lot of different things. Glad to get some answers and hopefully relief tomorrow at my apt. Food aversions have backed down a little, but now I'm not as hungry as I used to be. Still waiting for that elusive pregnancy glow. 

Raves/Rants: My poor cat was sneezing up blood yesterday. He had a few red spots around his mouth that looked like they were getting better but we took him to the vet and ran a full panel, hopefully will have answers by the end of this week. In the meantime kitty is on some antibiotics for the most likely cause. 

Questions: We just started planning our "babymoon"- last vacation before baby! Anyone else planning one/have any location recommendations. Probably just a long weekend 

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? Not adrenaline adventure-ish but I've ran a few marathons and that got my heart-rate up lol
  • Options
    EDD: May 5 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out. Maybe doing sneak peek. I can’t decide. 

Baby is the size of a(n): WTE says lime. 

Upcoming appointments: Friday! 

How are you feeling? A little of everything. Some days I can eat and clean the house. Others I puke and sleep. Heartburn has been super bad the last week or so and with Zantac recalled I haven’t been able to find a suitable replacement. 

Raves/Rants: I miss coffee. So much. I just need caffeine. Please. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? Got married at 20 and moved to South Korea for 2 years. I’d say adventurous because I’d never left my home state at that point and we’d only been dating for 8 months. 😂
  • Options
    Made this thread and then forgot to post my update, haha.

@drkoyya Why does your cat hate your mom?  Haha

@newmomtx06 Aww yay for bonus scan!  It's still pretty early for doppler, especially if you have an anterior placenta.  Also, wow to cliff jumping!  Not sure I could ever do that!

@zaslawlz The sizes are so bizarre sometimes.  Mine says lime and a macaron, and I'm just like... those things are not the same size.  So sorry to hear about your kitty.  I hope it's an easy fix!

@rox7777 I hope you and your OB can find a good replacement for Zantac.  Have you tried doing half caffeinated and half decaf coffee?  I find just that little bit helps.  It also helps with... ahem... other symptoms.  💩

EDD: May 7

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out, but not telling anyone.

Baby is the size of a(n):  TB says a lime and macaron... which are not really the same size?

Upcoming appointments:  Harmony blood draw was yesterday, 12w scan is Friday.

How are you feeling?  Good!  Nausea has gone down significantly.  I'm still pretty tired, and I have to pee like 3-4 times per night, which probably helps explain why I'm so tired.  

Raves/Rants:  I was all caught up on laundry before we left on vacation and now now I'm so behind from not being able to do any for a week.  Also, my boss's boss got fired last week while I was out and no one knows why.  He was kind of condescending and difficult to work for, so no one is heartbroken, but we're all wondering what happened.  

Questions: Not really...

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done?  Probably skydiving.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    I’m happy to hear that we’re feeling better (for the most part)

@shamrocandroll My cat hates my mom because she has two cats of her own. Every time she comes over my cat can smell her cats and she freaks out. 

@rox7777 Do you have a history of heart burn? I can feel my indigestion slowing ramping out, I’ve had a few acid reflex burps. 

@zaslawlz Where do you plan to baby moon and when? I’m in the LA area but I have to go to a conference next year in San Fran. I was thinking of taking my husband and we can make it a baby moon, but now looking at the dates I’m not so sure. My EDD is May 4th and the conference is April 1-5th. It may be cutting it too close.
    FTM
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll @drkoyya DH has horrific heartburn and my dad is on daily preventative but the only time I really suffer is while pregnant. I’m using tums for now, but I’m definitely asking the OB Friday. I can’t rely on tums because I know how bad it gets around the halfway mark. I slept sitting up for 4-5 months with DS2 and had to cut all dairy and tomato until he was about 6 months (EBF and those seemed to trigger his reflux and mine during pregnancy). 

So far it seems to be fried food which sucks because French fries are one of the few cravings I have. 😭
  • Options
    @rox7777 I think Prilosec is an alternative you can ask about (but I'm not positive, so definitely ask first).  I hope you find something that works!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @rox7777 **lurking this thread** my doctor prefers Prevacid over Prilosec. Prilosec is a Class C and shouldn’t be taken in the first tri. Prevacid is a Class B but I’m unsure if you can take it in first tri. I have taken it with both boys, but only in the third trimester. You can also try Trader Joe’s papaya enzymes. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I’ve tried Prilosec not pregnant but it didn’t work for me. My dad takes it but it’s one of those take it before type things and I’m more of a need after it starts type. I called the nurses line and she said Pepcid as needed, but I looked and it’s 10mg which seems like nothing. 😅

I haven’t tried Prevacid, I’ll ask about it though. I looked through the options at Kroger and I didn’t see much that DH or I haven’t tried. 
  • Options
    Why do all the heartburn meds start with P?  I get confused between Prilosec, Prevacid, and Pepcid.  Is Pepcid complete considered safe?  That works sooooo much better than Tums for quick acting relief for me.  I'll have to ask at my next appointment.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @rox777 Have you tried taking shots of apple cider vinegar with the mother?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @shamrocandroll The NP for sure said Pepcid. I haven’t tried it yet but I clarified because I said the same thing. So many P’s.

@mauga I can’t. 🤢 I’ve been so nauseous this time. MIL recommended sipping pickle juice and it does help, but it’s pretty temporary. 
  • Options
    EDD: May 2nd

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out my husband is dying to know

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appointments: Thursday! Can’t wait to see the baby again!

How are you feeling? I thought I had turned a corner but right now I feel nauseous again and have indigestion ugh. I had a ton of energy yesterday guess it was a farce. 

Raves/Rants: Unrelated (kinda) I feel like I’ve been burning the candle at both ends these past 2 weeks. I’m a teacher and I’ve been at work until 5-7pm each night. So everyone who says we are so lucky we are out at 3 has no idea what they are talking about. 
    I’m also completing my admin degree and I haven’t told anyone yet I’m pregnant so I got docked on a grade because I uploaded an assignment late, but I just want to be like I’m trying here people sorry this assignment came in a day late!! Ugh 😩 Oh and my observation is Thursday the same day as my appointment which is really putting a damper on my appointment. 
    In other news I have leak in my ceiling after the nor’easter and the roofing company doesn’t want to come after 3, but I can’t take a day this week so add that to the list along with I’m in a dispute with Lowe’s and the better business bureau over my incomplete flooring. My husband works in foreign exchange trading and he can’t always take calls - not like I can answer my phone in front of 18 six-year-olds. I guess what I’m trying to say is I just feel overwhelmed. Sorry this was so long I didn’t mean it to be. 

Questions: I was also thinking about a baby moon in December. I’ll be finished with my degree and I‘d love to get away without anything over hanging over my head.  I’m worried about Zika, but I’d love to go somewhere warm! Any suggestions?!

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? I’m am sooo not adventurous!
  • Options
    @babyfoxden10 When it rains, it pours! Sorry to hear that you’re having such a rough week. I hope that Lowe’s and the roofing company can figure it out. I really hope that your appointment goes great! I know that it will outshine your observation.
    FTM
  • Options

EDD: 5/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out today!!

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appointments: had one 10/10, next one is 11/18. 5 weeks in between was the next available, yay busy military hospital. We’re moving in December otherwise I’d try to get referred off base 

How are you feeling? Tired. Waiting for that 2nd tri energy boost 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? Oh man, I’m probably the least adventurous person. My husband recently joined the military this year and we’ve been married 9 years. I think this new journey definitely feels like an adventure after being accustomed to civilian life. We are enjoying it and I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to stay home with the boys 
  • Options
    @sbishop426 Military life is an adventure all on its own. My husband did 4 years of active duty and during that time we spent 2 years in South Korea and then did a cross country move from GA to CO that involved driving with a one year old. 😂 Most traveling/sight seeing my very sheltered 20 year old self had ever done. Sometimes I miss it, but mostly I’m happy to have settled down for the long haul. 
  • Options
    @babyfoxden10 It know it’s played out, but we love the Bahamas/Caribbean. We didn’t do a baby moon with DS1, but we went on a baby free trip 3 months after he was born and it was blissful. Beautiful weather, beautiful beaches and just overall relaxing. I grew up on the coast so it’s rare beaches phase me. 

We also did two overnight hotel stays one with DS1 pregnancy and one with DS2 pregnancy. During DS1 pregnancy we did a steakhouse, spa time and some baby shopping. It was great. DS2 we had DS1 with us so we did the beach (Hilton Head, SC) and then drove down the coast some to do an aquarium, wonder works and a fun meal. I think babymoons really just require relaxing and having fun. 
  • Options
    @babyfoxden10 That sounds like a lot.  I hope maybe they can reconsider the grade dock after you tell them what's going on.  Also, you totally deserve a babymoon!  I suggest Hawaii.  :)

@sbishop426 I definitely think that counts as adventurous!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @drkoyya glad your cat came back!

@zaslawlz I hope the antibiotics help and it’s nothing too seriouus.

@babyfoxden10 sorry about the grade... maybe try emailing the professor before a due date next time to ask for an extension? I think they’re usually pretty understanding if you communicate. 

@sbishop426 we became civilians last year after DH did almost 10 years active duty. It’s definitely a big change but a fun adventure!

EDD: 5/2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! Did panorama yesterday so we should know in about a week! 

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly donut hole

Upcoming appointments: NT scan was yesterday and we got not so great news. Cutoff is 3.0mm and baby measured 3.2mm. We will wait in results from the panorama and then decide if we want to do the cvs or amniocentesis. If all is clear we will have a targeted anatomy scan at 17-18 weeks to check the heart. 

How are you feeling? I have a monster cold but otherwise still feeling okay.

Raves/Rants: DH has been really picking up the slack with the kids while I’ve had a cold and it is soooo appreciated. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? I am an adrenaline junky... I used to skydive but stopped when I met DH because we dated long distance and I didn’t have a lot of time. 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @spiderlover25 Sorry about the scan coming back over the cutoff!  I hope Panorama comes back normal!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19