Group 4 (May 25-31) week of 10/21

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are the top three things on your bucket list?

Re: Group 4 (May 25-31) week of 10/21

• EDD: 5/28

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Dice I think, Raspberry...can't remember but likely the same as all of you. 

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow for intake and dating US, both excited and nervous. 

How are you feeling? Well not sure why I waited so long to get ginger ale, (perhaps because of my fear of GD again) but I got some for lunch and don't feel like I'm in a nauseous haze like I just went on an amusement ride all day long. 2 of DD's 4 teeth that are popping through finally cut through so I got decent sleep last night.  

Raves/Rants: Ginger ale is my current love. Rant: We got a message from our uniserve director that she wanted to put two of our negotiation meetings at 7 pm in December and no one has emailed back saying no let's keep them at 5.  They go for a minimum of 2 hours by the bylaws and I go to bed around 8 pm. I don't want to come back with no that's past my bedtime, but really I'm so tired all the time so I'm thinking about it.

Questions: 

Have a small homestead with a large garden, chickens, and something I can milk. 
    Go to England and Ireland and sleep in a castle. 
    Raise children who leave an impact on the world. 

Unrealistic Things that would be on my Bucket List if I actually had one:
    Travel around the world
    Pay off my student loans before I die
    Hike the Appalachian Trail
  • EDD: 5-28

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 5.28, last appt with the RE.

How are you feeling? Exhausted

Raves/Rants: Rave: It was a mostly good weekend. My house looks great, I got a good bit done on keeping it up.
    Rant: Everyone keeps asking what the twins will be for Halloween, I'm not prepared people!

Questions: 

1. Make sure our kids have traveling opportunities so that their worldview widens
    2. Try and keep our finances from going into the red before the twins start school (totally a small thing but its a priority for us right now)
    3. Raise our kids to understand, appreciate, and protect the natural world.

• Loading the player...
  • edited October 2019
    EDD: May 25

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: Next appt is 11/12. Looking forward to finally seeing the wee gummy bear on u/s

How are you feeling? Not as nauseated as normal. Just achy and moody. I have RLP already and sharp pains in my boobs.

Raves/Rants: I wanted to give the boy child a haircut last night, so I informed him and DH not to let him take a shower until I cut his hair. I even made them both repeat my instructions back to me. I come downstairs to cut hair and what do I find? DS in the shower! I regret nothing about the rant I went on about being the only person here with common freaking sense. Good Lord! Do I need to chisel shit into stone and send it down from heaven?!

-See the sunrise on the beach on the east coast and see it set on the beach on the west coast on the same day.
    -See 'N Sync in concert when they eventually reunite. Shut up, it could happen. 
    -Finally get Kelly Clarkson to come pick up her mail. She lived here once upon a time post-Idol so we get mail for her pretty regularly. 
  • lulam13lulam13 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: 5/25/2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: right now we want to find out

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry!

Upcoming appointments: 10/22/19 first ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Nauseous and still have a migraine!

Raves/Rants: I‘m having some weird feelings this week. I am super excited but for some reason I’m also really overwhelmed. I felt shocked overwhelmed when we first found out but now I feel overwhelmed by the idea that this is such a big life change since this is our first baby. I am sure it is normal but I feel a little down because I’m not feeling 100% positive energy. I’m sure it will change and it’s just all part of the process! I’m also worried about a miscarriage and genetic testing but I’m definitely staying positive!

Questions: If you’ve been pregnant before, when did you notice your physically started feeling better? Did the symptoms taper off by week 13 or did they immediately stop altogether?

1) Visit the East Coast
    2) Run another half marathon
    3) Master meditation 
  • @lulam13 With #2, the exhaustion tapered off a few weeks into 2nd tri and the morning sickness wasn't as bad or as frequent, though I did have it a few times a week up until delivery.
  • @lulam13 I don't remember it just stopping, but more tapering off after 12 weeks. The biggest difference in trimesters for me was being able to eat. I lost 10 lbs in the first trimester, then I gained 20 in the second. At 8+6 today I've lost 3 lbs already so I have 4 weeks left and hopefully don't lose too much more. I'm also going to have to be hypervigiliant once I start feeling better because I don't want a repeat of last time. 
  • EDD: May 26, 2020 (my parents' wedding anniversary!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I don't want to find out!

Baby is the size of a(n): postage stamp

Upcoming appointments: I met with my naturopath this morning, and am scheduled to meet my midwife team next Tuesday! First ultrasound isn't until November 15th and it's killing me.

How are you feeling? Pretty good for the most part, just a bit of fatigue and a ton of anxiety

Raves/Rants: I am trying not to get excited until I reach the second trimester. It's really hard to stay detached from the outcome without detaching myself from the pregnancy altogether. I feel like I will be an anxious mess until I reach week 20. I'm really struggling with it. 

Questions: how do you deal with the anxiety in first trimester?

Whether these are realistic or not is besides the point....
    1) travel the world (I want to eat my way around the world)
    2) skydive
    3) pay off my debts
  • @hilzabub When you meet with your midwife team you might mention your anxiety. I'm hoping that they will let you listen with the doppler and that will help. If having an earlier ultrasound will help to calm that please advocate for that with your health team.

@lulam13 For me the symptoms sort of morphed from symptom to symptom. From dry heaving to heartburn, shortness of breath to back pain. I never got that good second trimester, "I feel amazing" thing that some women get to experience. I'm coming from an FET that resulted in a twin pregnancy as my only experience though.
  • EDD: 5/28/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow, Thursday, for US

How are you feeling? Tired but just hitting the insomnia weirdness were i cant fall asleep

Raves/Rants: Reading "Strong like a mother" right now and it is making me super excited about motherhood and @jhysmath 7up. I current LOVE 7up. I look forward to it more than anything else right now. (Could also be because i am really trying to up my water intake and am just done with water some days.)

GTKY: What are the top three things on your bucket list? 1) Visiting all 50 states (planning for #40 next year), 2) Learning to play the fiddle, 3) Have a u-pick flower patch
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022