April 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in week of 10/21

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses).

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY- Are you watching any new shows/series?

Re: PGAL Check-in week of 10/21

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 15w, 4/14, 6th pregnancy (DD is 3)

2. Previous loss(es)? 3 MCs (most recent in April), DS was delivered stillborn on 1/26/18 at 22W+ due to severe genetic abnormalities.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I am pretty anxious today. We have our big ultrasound tomorrow that should tell us if this baby is healthy. They are doing an Anatomy scan at 15w and 19w. Unfortunately, with the abnormal genetic mutation that I am a carrier for technology is not advanced enough to test with a blood test in utero. We can only look for markers via ultrasound. With DS it was very obvious, he had issues with all 4 limbs being fixed at the joints (and both club hands/feet), a significant VSD in his heart, issues with his veins and calcification on multiple organs. With this baby we did see hands/feet moving at the 12w ultrasound, so we are hopeful. Genetics thinks it's a less than 1% chance that this baby would have the same diagnosis (a little more risk if it's a boy), however, they can only make educated guesses. The test they did to diagnose us was only developed in the last two years (Whole Exome Sequencing) so technology is still catching up. Fingers crossed that we get the all clear and can breathe a little easier after tomorrow!

4. Any appointment updates? Early Anatomy scan tomorrow, 10/23

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really this week

6. Any milestones coming up? No

7. GTKY- Are you watching any new shows/series? We are currently catching up on Ballers, but are looking for a new series. We only have streaming services, no actual cable.
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 12w5d, 4/30, 2DDs and a bonus child 

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    One loss at 9 weeks

Emotionally my anxiety is gone now that we got the all clear from the NT&NIPT!  Physically I'm not sleeping well and it's making me feel tired and nauseous again.  My sinuses and congestion are driving me crazy!  

We have our next appt tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll get to hear the heartbeat! 

Patiently waiting for new Castle Rock to come out!  DH and I are currently watching The Great British Baking show and the last show we finished was Mind Hunter.  I've been watching Prodigal Son on my own since DH isn't home on Monday nights, but not completely sold on it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doraleigh35 I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!  
  • @doraleigh35 and @KFrob - I’ll be thinking of you both tomorrow with the ultrasound and the appointment!

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    15  + 2.  April 11. STM but FTM in any aspect of bringing a baby home 

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    DD was stillborn at 40 weeks, 1 day in Sept 2018

MUCH better this week. I have gone 5 days without spotting! Woohoo!

16 week OB apt on Thur 10/24

Nope!

Not right now. 

We’re getting through 2nd season of Mindhunter. But seem to always have a backlog of what we have to watch with DVR and Netflix. We have the new season of American Horror Story recording now but we’re getting a good buffer of episodes before we start it. 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 16w1d, 4/6, FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? One loss at 13w3d in January 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I'm feeling generally better since I'm a few weeks past the loss milestone and I've seen the baby on u/s since then. I still get random spikes of anxiety.  If I happen to have a twinge or a lower back pain I still run to the bathroom to make sure there's no blood. I hope eventually that will stop but I'm starting to think I'm just going to always check the TP for blood every time I go to the bathroom until the baby is born. Physically I feel much better but constipation is an a-hole.

4. Any appointment updates? 16 week check up tomorrow.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I thought I felt the baby a couple of times today but I'm not sure if it was just a muscle twitch in the general baby area...

6. Any milestones coming up? I'm thankfully past my loss milestone but still occasionally wary of getting too comfortable.

7. GTKY- Are you watching any new shows/series? DH and I are watching the new season of AHS. We're waiting for Castle Rock and I'm watching Evil and Prodigal Son on my own. (Get out of my head @kFrob lol)

@doraleigh35 and @KFrob Best of luck at your appointments tomorrow!

@mandarenee898 - Hooray for 5 days without spotting! FX it stays away!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited October 2019
    @literatureandink we're the same person

Edit to add I'm sooooo far behind with AHS.  The last one I watched was Hotel over the summer and so far its my fav season.  DH doesn't do well with gore so I have to watch it on my own.
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 13w/ april 26/ TTM

2. Previous loss(es)? 1, he was 6 weeks old due to genetic issues

Ok. Having the negative on Noonans was a huge relief but we are still waiting on the micro array and the other condition. Really, until he is here there will be nerves. Also missing my son this week. The tree we planted with his ashes has started to change leaves and it is awesome! My son had red hair so we chose a fire maple that should get bright red. Like a little hello.

4. Any appointment updates? US next week.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

6. Any milestones coming up? Can't wait to feel babe move!!!

7. GTKY- Are you watching any new shows/series? Can't think of any right now. Lots of old stuff. Need a new easy fun series, too much heavy stuff.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77I love that you’ll get a little hello with the flash of bright red! ❤️
  • We had our early AS yesterday and everything went great! They were able to see all 4 limbs moving, 10 fingers/toes, no VSD, all organs looked great. We seem to have a healthy baby boy! No signs of any of the genetic issues we had with DS. We go back in 4w for another AS just to be sure, but doctor said that she is pretty confident that nothing will change. We are so relieved and finally a bit excited! We told most of our family and friends yesterday that didn't know, including DD. We likely won't make a formal social media post, but it feels great to let all of our close people know! As always, thanks for all of your support!
  • @doraleigh35 That is wonderful to hear! I'm so happy for you and DH!!
  • @doraleigh35 I am so happy for you!  What a great relief and being able to share your joy with everyone must have been exciting!
  • @doraleigh35 that’s such wonderful news! I’m so happy for you!!! 
    Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP