Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday 10/23/19

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: WTF Wednesday 10/23/19

• Thanks, AF for waking me up at 4:30 am. 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 sorry for AF.

My WTF is discovering last night that I need another super expensive basement repair. I ranted about it in the dailies but it's definitely a massive WTF.
  • Loading the player...
  • @NYTino24 sorry for the rude wakeup call from AF. That would tick me off too.

@gingermama29 ugh to your basement repairs. Sometimes owning a home really sucks. 

My WTF is the freezing temperatures in my classroom. Even if it's 60+ degrees outside, it's still cold in my room. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2019
    @emeraldduchess Classroom temps are always the worst! It’s either Antarctica or Africa with not much in between. 
    @gingermama29 Any estimate on cost and timeframe? That sucks.

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited October 2019
    @NYTino24 not sure. I didn't realize it was a problem until after 8 last night. I put in an inspection request with the same company that fixed my other walls and am just waiting to hear from them. They did the job in a day last time.

Editing to add that I already got a call back from them and they're coming out tonight to check it out.
  • @gingermama29 Sorry for your unexpected basement repair!!  Seems like with owning a house it's one thing after the next.  We are still making some upgrades on our home and they are just continuous.  Hoping the bill isn't too bad.

@NYTino24 I'm sorry for AF and in such a rude way.  Ice cream today for use  <3

@emeraldduchess Ugh being cold is the worst!  I'm always freezing so keep a heater under my desk that is on the minute I walk in until I leave for the night.  Wear many layers girl... stay warm.

@ttcbabyodo wow that is a lot!  That's my go to drink too and it's usually just under $5 for a grande... more like $6 for the venti.  I only treat myself to it like once to twice a month.  There's a keurig at work and my boss orders me french vanilla kcups :)

My WTF is that I'm going to be working super late tonight with back to back meetings in NYC... I won't get home til like 10:30pm... and I left my house normal time around 7:30am.  Really hoping boss says I can come in a little late tomorrow.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited October 2019
    I just got an email about prenatal services and cord blood banking from an OBGYN office in New Jersery. I have never gotten medical care of any kind in NJ. I have never lived in NJ. I have absolutely no logical reason to be receiving emails from an OBGYN in NJ. Ugh WTF.

ETA: Also, obviously, I'm not pregnant. So yeah. Even if I lived in NJ or whatever that email wouldn't have been something I needed.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria I've see that advertisement on a sponsored post on FB. Like "k great, I'll think about that when I get there thanks..."
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @mvt2003 @NamelessAria it totally feels like these announcements/ads etc. come in waves. And it always seems to happen when we're already feeling lousy about this whole process. 
  • Ugh continuing my WTF. The basement company came out this afternoon to check it out. It's going to have to be a partial rebuild because it's a load bearing wall and there's 5 inches of movement with the wall. They quoted us around 22k.
  • Oh man, @gingermama29 that's a LOT to process. 
    @inthewoods23 I constantly forget to buy stuff at the grocery store, even if it's the specific reason for stopping on the way home. I really shouldn't shop when I am hungry. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2019
    Shit, @gingermama29! I hope a second opinion brings the price down! 
    @mvt2003 I’ve found I can’t escape it at all. Announcements are on the radio and websites too. I’m trying to see it as all these people who beat the odds because really I have no other choice that keeps me sane. 

PS CD1 was soooo bad it went through a Super tampon and liner in a couple of hours. Last night I woke up twice. Went through Super+ and a pad. Grrrr. Usually CD2 is the bad one so I’m dreading the whole not being able to go to the bathroom when I need to at work...

• @gingermama29 oh my gosh that makes me want to throw up. I’m so sorry. I agree with @NYTino24 that I hope you are pleasantly surprised by a second opinion. Would wall anchors be an option? I don’t know much about them but our house has them and it has something to do with movement 
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited October 2019
    @bows22 and @NYTino24 we likely won't shop for a second opinion. We shopped around a lot for our last basement wall issue before we landed on this company. They did amazing work last time, were fast and efficient, and we trust them. The guy that came out talked us through what it would be to anchor it out rebuild. He  the said between the cost of steel (they'd be custom i-beams) and how close together they'd have to install them which would increase the number of beams we need, it ends up being roughly the same cost whether we anchor it or rebuild.  
    Edited for clarification and spelling
  • @gingermama29 ugh, that is a huge hit!! So sorry friend!! That is good you feel comfortable with the company you will be working with, and it sounds like things will be done right to avoid problems in the future!! 

@NYTino24 hope AF got the worst out of the way yesterday, and today won’t be so bad! 
  • kiki047  I'm so sorry.... it seems like many people who suffer IF and PG issues and get their miracles tend to easily forget how difficult the journey was. It makes it super difficult for those of us who get left behind.  I'm sorry you're dealing with that. 
  • *lurking*

@kiki047 I would be mortified if I treated someone that way - even unintentionally. Maybe, since she's a friend, you should just let her know how hurtful she's being. She *should* be horrified. And hopefully more conscientious in the future. 
  • @kiki047 - Isn't she the one who is also posting a bunch of know-it-all stuff on IG? If she's only 6 weeks along, I can't imagine she'd have much to say at this point. I know I sure didn't when I was that far along. I was still in the "OMG this is real" shock of it. But, different strokes for different folks, I guess. Sorry she's being insufferable. I'd probably send a breakup text or slowly distance myself until things settle down and I'm in a better frame of mind.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @kiki047 Oh hun, I am so sorry. "Friends" like that are so toxic. She doesn't seem to see what she said was inconsiderate at all. Otherwise, she would have apologized for being inconsiderate. Take whatever steps you need to protect yourself. I agree with @ttcbabyodo with the distancing plan.
  • @ttcbabyodo yup, that's the one. Good memory. She's posting "advice" on stuff like what not to say to PG women or how to overcome symptoms. She's been KU for 5 minutes. Also, she's in a unique position because she's been so open about her journey so most people aren't plastering their pregnancy all over SM in their 1st trimester. I personally think it's obnoxious but to each their own. 
    @meri-mac sooo toxic. I definitely need some space between us. It wouldn't be so bad if she just apologized or showed any kind of remorse but I didn't get any of that from the few snippy responses I got. Maybe I find it triggering because when I broke up with my cheating ex and told him he broke my heart his response was "I'm sorry you feel that way." :lol: such a SOAB.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 OMG! Nothing like knowing you made the right decision. What a jacka**!! Sounds like a jock teenager response in a TV show!