April 2020 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating...

I feel like I have been hit hard this past week with odd cravings. I desperately wanted soup from Panera Bread and the closest location is across the border 200 miles away. Pinterest came in clutch with a copycat recipe and all was good. Then I woke up at 3am yesterday needing a roast beef sandwich from a specific restaurant in MA, so off to the grocery store I went to recreate that deliciousness. I've also been wanting tootsie rolls non-stop, so random (not something I would ever have thought of before pregnancy). Hopefully future cravings are for things closer to home!

Anyone else? What are you eating?

Re: What my pregnant self is eating...

• I'm dying for a bagel with cream cheese today!
  • I've been eating a lot of soup, but had to leave my office this afternoon because I desperately needed a ham sandwich. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yesterday I thought I saw a Twix wrapper on the ground. I’ve been imagining myself eating a Twix every hour since that happened.
  • Grilled cheese and fries at lunch!! And it turned cold today so I'm making mini chicken pot pie bites for dinner. 
    Otherwise sour patch kids!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @KFrob on Wed I had to go get a bagel and cream cheese from a specific bagel chain restaurant. I wanted the sun-dried tomato bagel with garden veggie cream cheese. 

It was amazing. 😂
  • They said the word pie on a show I was watching. Had to have some. I’m probably going to make soup tonight or tomorrow. It’s a bit cold today for the first time in a long time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Grilled cheese and fries at lunch!! And it turned cold today so I'm making mini chicken pot pie bites for dinner. 
    Otherwise sour patch kids!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • Also dying for soup all of the time and LOVE Panera! I bought cans of Amy's lentil vegetable soup which is really good and just found some butternut squash soup at Costco I am going to try.  
  • Loving me some strawberries! Also loving rootbeer. I try to limit most soda due to caffeine, but a local brewery makes their own root beer and it's delicous. DH got mea growler of it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 So far the only major craving I’ve had was for a root beer float. I finally caved after a few days of thinking about it, and it was delicious!
  • I keep wanting macaroni and cheese, specifically my dad's homemade mac and cheese as it was one of the few things that didn't make me sick few weeks ago. I also have regular cravings for a peach cobbler milkshake from Cookout, and I'm proud that I've only indulged that craving twice these past 12 weeks. (I have to pace myself or I'll swell as big as a house...lol) I'd say the other major craving I've had is apples, and that one I have indulged every day.  And after reading this feed, I now want a bagel with cream cheese. 
  • Pierogies today. So. Good. Also, I've been having a major love for Dino Sours, which I can get at Bulk Barn when I'm heading into work.

@sbalding88 I'd been having cravings for homemade mac and cheese all week! My best friend's grandma used to make the perfect mac & cheese with an extra delicious topping and I wish I had her old recipe
  • I made crockpot mac and cheese today bc of cravings! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • The owner of the Vietnamese restaurant by our house told DH we should call the baby dumpling, because he goes there so often to buy me dumplings. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • We had super basic pasta with meat sauce last night and I brought the leftovers for lunch today. It's basically all I want to eat forever now. :)

I'm so jealous of everyone eating mac & cheese, grilled cheese, etc. Those are usually my favorite comfort foods, but just the thought of melted or baked cheese makes my stomach turn now. :(
  • @aresee I know to slow down on tomato based things early on bc both prior kids I got mad heartburn by mid 2nd tri so pasta sauce and I are not friends.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • @smallbutmighty77 Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't come back to bite me. I've had some very mild heartburn so far this pregnancy. It got a lot worse for me in the third trimester last time, so I bet I won't be able to keep up my pasta habit.
  • Salad has tasted so good lately. Too bad DH doesn't like salad or veggies at all or I'd be getting salad more.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aresee Normally I'm a huge fan of pasta but for some reason this pregnancy pasta sauce is tasting off to me, almost metallic.  It's annoying since it's such a quick easy dinner that my kids love.

@kathryn0903 Salad with ranch dressing sounds so good! 
  • @Kathryn0903 and @KFrob Salad with homemade ranch is one of the meals that made me start eating vegetables again! Pre-pregnancy I opted for oil and vinegar, but if ranch is the trick to eating a salad - count me in!
  • @jenabary Same, but mine was Parmesan peppercorn, which is actually kind of hard to come by! I used to always just do oil and vinegar pre-pregnancy!