February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/21 - 10/27

What's on your mind?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/21 - 10/27

• Professional question. 

I took my current job with the goal of being promoted next year. But recently I’ve kind of thought that the demand of being promoted may be too much, at least for next year. Based on other changes around me on my team, I am guessing the promotion won’t happen.....but if it did, how do you say you’re not ready this year without sounding like you’re lazy or ungrateful? I mean, can you even do that? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 Oh that is tough! Honestly I would just play it by ear. Obviously know that you have things going on but maybe see if it's something that you can transition into with them knowing that if you got the promotion you would need certain things to happen. If you're full-on ready to say that you're not ready maybe just be honest and say that it's something you've been striving for but it wouldn't be fair to the company or you this year and that you would be interested if they were willing to postpone the promotion?
    TW
  • Loading the player...
  • @ibabyloveb87 - it depends on your company culture. In some companies, if you turn down a promotion you won't be considered again. I'm in a somewhat similar situation where my boss was talking to me about a promotion this year a year ago and that conversation has gone by the wayside and I'm not really bringing it up because I don't mind waiting another year either. One of the struggles with having kids later in life is that these are the years where you are supposed to reach your maximum earning potential. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• My random is that I have to go shopping again today for my husband as two pairs of his khakis mysteriously had holes appear in the knees. It took me about 30 mins to sign up for the Kohl's app and I gave them my work phone # and my sister's DOB because I don't really see how either of those are any of their business. 

So I have SO MANY clothes for baby but for newborn and 0-3 months they are primarily "boy clothes". I want to buy a few cute things for the baby after going to a baby shower yesterday. I don't know if I should buy a newborn or 0-3 month outfit though. Bells was in preemie when she was born so there is a good chance that she could wear a newborn take-home outfit (or even be drowning in one) but this could be a bigger baby! 

p.s. most of the clothes I got for Bella when she was tiny were little monkey clothes. So it's not that I want to get specifically gendered clothes. It would also be cute though to have a matching sisters outfit. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @babyroma we've started getting photo ornaments done each year - it is a lot of fun to unpack them :) 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Oh my lord, my husband. Just got our mail and there were THREE outstanding parking tickets from a job he was at this summer. A total of $195.00 because of three $25 late fees.. What the hell dude?! 
  • @leksiL where do you do your photo ornaments? I started that a couple years back and this will be year three. I’ve used Shutterfly in the past. Would like to try out other options though! 
  • @um_thor we get photo ornaments from Walgreens each year. They’re almost always 50% off and we have been happy with them.
  • @leksiL if you’re strictly speaking a take-home outfit, go with the newborn. Unless you give birth to an 11-pounder, your kid will fit in newborn. As someone who does hospital newborn pics, it’s annoying when parents give me a 0-3 outfit. I end up having to strategically tape it so they don’t need look like they are drowning.
  • @leksiL, my DD was born at 7lbs 2oz and 21 inches and newborn stuff was big on her. I’d get newborn for at least a take home outfit. 

@TennisLove30, love Schitt’s Creek! We started season 5 the other night. I want to binge it but then I’ll be so sad it’s over. 
  • @daffodil_shoe thanks for the info on the outfit!  I was wondering the same thing but what you said makes perfect sense.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Thanks for the job advice y’all! I like the tactic of saying striving for it in the next year or so would be better so I can give it better attention. My boss and the company is pretty awesome when it comes to making sure people are happy and comfortable. 
  • @um_thor - we also use shutterfly :) but last year I used Costco for our Holiday Cards, and they were so cheap and well done I will totally look into Costco for any photo printing needs - I wonder if they do ornaments?

We also didn't get family photos done this year since I am pregnant :expressionless: and I figured we can do them in the spring when baby is here. I mean it would be silly to put a big family photo over the mantle and have it be instantly outdated when baby comes, right? So not sure what photos we will use for our holiday cards yet. I have a nice family one from our AZ trip but cacti don't exactly scream holiday season!
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksil I would use the picture from AZ especially if you like it. We always get a few cards that have beach vacation trips and stuff.   My brother gets married Saturday so we are hoping to get some good pictures from that or I would have probably done a Christmas mini session. I’m a huge sucker for pictures even though we don’t have the wall space to display all of them lol 
  • OK ladies, some wise words on how to succeed in the business world here. I need to remember to be more child-like...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ernst-young-told-women-not-to-flaunt-bodies-because-it-scrambles-the-mind/
    Married Jan 2008 

• @babyroma People are awful with RSVPs!!! That's INSANE only 9 have responded! I would definitely reach out to each one individually and be like "wtf" lol
    TW
  • @brookert615 right!! 
    It's possible i guess a few more have responded. My mom gave her cell number on the invites. She said she'll probably just order food for 30 (I think that was the minimum number for food anyway) and take home the leftovers. We invited my Dad, H and one of his buddies who will be in town to come eat with us before the shower then they'll go have a dude day haha
  • @leksiL F-ing gross!!! Seriously? Child-like? Reasons why it's important to speak over men and take credit where it's due in meetings...

@babyroma Yeah no one RSVPs anymore and it's the worst. I remember that being a huge problem for catering our wedding and we just had to take a wild stab at numbers and hope for the best.
  • @babyroma I’m sorry people are being so lame about RSVPs. 
  • @leksil if you want a more Christmasy photo for your card you can always have someone snap a picture of you guys in your Christmas PJs in front of your tree or fireplace.
  • @rikiteacup before and after pics?
  • @rikiteacup Love the colors! Great job!

@jvk2012 What a bummer they couldn’t be just replaced! 
    TW
  • I hope tomorrow is better and that you smothered your sad burrito in sour cream @babyroma
  • @babyroma awe, sending you all the hugs! I've been there, and it's SO draining - physically and emotionally. Hang in there, and know that you are a rockstar!
  • TW
  • @ibabyloveb87 I just scheduled mine for the Thursday before! Uh oh, hope I pass now! Last pregnancy I failed my one hour but luckily passed the three hour.
  • I just did mine this morning @ibabyloveb87. Fingers crossed I pass!
  • @daffodil_shoe I failed the one hour miserably last pregnancy but passed the 3 hour with flying colors. So instead of doing it twice, I asked to just do the 3 hour and they said ok! It’s gonna suck but it’ll be done.....