April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/21

What's going on this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/21

• So tired today. DS was supposed to have swim this morning, but we skipped it since he didn't nap and was so tired this morning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Today is moving at a snail's pace and my phone is already giving me super bad traffic notifications. Also, I already listened to my favorite Monday podcast (Conan Needs a Friend) so I don't even have anything to look forward to...
  • Loading the player...
  • FTMs, something to prepare yourselves for: I have watched Spookley the Square Pumpkin at least 10 times in the last week or so. Toddlers are fun. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 Thanks for the warning. I once asked my friend & her husband (parents of two) if they ever watched SING! They both looked at me with sad eyes and said “so many times” 😂
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @mercury94 NOOOOOOOO we watched it once and I was like WTF is this?!  Right now DD1 is obsessed with True.  At first I was like well this show is adorable, now I'm like for the love of God no more True.
  • House hunting went terribly Saturday, seeing 7 more today!!
  • @KFrob It really is the worst. Every time we let him watch it, he immediately asks to watch it again and it’s sooo boring. The one I think is adorable is T.O.T.S., but, yeah, it will stop being cute when I’ve seen every episode multiple times. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • DD isn't big on shows or TV but we put it on in the background Sat mornings a lot so I can make breakfast and have 2 minutes. Moana and Trolls are her jam. She can do Clifford and Curious George but not much else yet.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 Moana was basically the stop crying magic for DS when he was one. He seems less interested now. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I don't know if you've all started your registries yet but I'm pretty impressed with the Amazon freebie gift box. It came today. 

• @littleredm I've started it but it keeps telling me I have to check all the boxes off to get my gift box which is annoying me!
  • @literatureandink You can check off a lot of boxes by basically saying you don’t need anything. I forget exactly how I did it, but my registry is small, but all boxes are checked. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Amazon is by far the best gift box!  Target's has some good stuff too.
  • @littleredm ooh mine should come soon. I just put something for DS on my registry so I could get mine!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 yup totally put something for DD on it. So I should finalize to get that soon, and I just got my print out to take to Target for the gift bag since we did it online. Hoping to go this weekend. I also ordered a blanket for DS to put into his room to start making the transition from it being Spencers room. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I feel so achy and crappy today.  I think DD2 gave me her cold.  I'm working at home and really struggling to get anything done.  I just want to go take a nap and dreading solo parenting tonight.  It's definitely a TV in bed kinda night for me and the 3 year old after the 1 year old goes down.     
  • @KFrob TV in bed is a must when you’re sick. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Just caught sight of my shadow. I officially look like the icon for the Ovia app. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I got into bed as soon as I got home from work today and have yet to get out of it. I might just not. 
  • Our landlord is getting divorced and has to sell the house we’re renting. So now we’re scrambling to find a new place to live and we’ve had zero luck thus far. We can’t buy a house because we don’t know if our permanent residency will be approved and we don’t want to be stuck with a house if we end up leaving the country. I’m slightly panicked about the situation 
  • @emsned That sucks. I hope you find a place soon. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017