Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Check in 10/14/19

Happy Monday Everyone! Hope it's a great week! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What one appliance in your house can you absolutely not live without? Why? 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

FRIENDS REJOINING US AND NEWCOMERS:

To be added to our weekly roll call, please provide the following:

1.  Briefly introduce yourself (or reintroduce yourself), if you didn't post a separate introduction post.

2.  What is your diagnosis? (Dx)

3.  What is your treatment plan? (Rx)

Re: TTTC Check in 10/14/19

• Options
    QOTW: What one appliance in your house can you absolutely not live without? Why?

It isn't in my house, but at work I have a Dyson with tons of attachments. I really want to take it home! It is able to get all the dirt and fluff balls that clients bring in with them. 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

Nothing really. Had a lovely weekend of thanksgiving and destroying a friend's deck so he can build a new one. It was good exercise. It isn't great timing, but I was approached to apply for a new job what would have benefits and possibly a pension (need more details). I finished the application this morning. If it is a permanent position, DH said to go for it. Otherwise, I will stick with my current job. In order to qualify for provincial parental leave, you have to work at the same job for over a year. I currently have that so if IVF in November goes well (**knock on wood**), I wouldn't want to start a new job.
  • Options
    Well, obviously I would pick any kitchen appliances like the fridge, stove, or dishwasher or the washer and dryer. But excluding those, does the TV count?

@meri-mac I'm thankful that I can switch jobs whenever since we're under his insurance.

AFM, nothing new. My OPKs are still with almost non-existent test lines. I'm going to message my RE tomorrow and ask what that could mean. Normally before O I have a light line with color and right now I basically have a shadow. Otherwise, no new tests results - maybe it's all done?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    QOTW: my kettle. I'm addicted to decaf black tea with a big spoon of honey and a bit of milk lately. It's like a mug full of comfort. 

@2dogsmom thanks for starting again! It was holiday Monday yesterday in Ontario and it completely slipped my mind! 

@meri-mac ugh, what an awful thing IF does to our lives. If I've learned one thing during our 2 years of it though it is to not put your life on hold if you can avoid it. Try to do things as if this weren't all a consideration. But on the flip side obviously you need to do what is best for you and YH! Opportunity will find you again down the road if you don't take this one. If you don't take it and regret it, the good part in that is that you know a move in career in future is probably what you should do and at least you get that clarity out of it!

@inthewoods23 I was trying to wrap my head around why OPKs for you at this point but I suppose that's for your mock transfer? Too bad you can't have them monitoring via ultrasound until O? Will insurance not cover that?

AFM, We just got our 6th negative from IUI. Feeling pretty raw and bitter about it. 2 pregnancy announcements over the weekend too. And just faced with our extended family of naturally conceived littles running around at Thanksgiving this past weekend while I was starting to cramp and spot. It wasn't the best weekend. Confirmed negative with home test yesterday, beta test this morning. Lunchtime, my friend/coworker (who announced quietly and discreetly to me a few weeks ago that she was PG bc she knows what I'm going through) announced very impromptu to another coworker while it was just the 3 of us in the room so I had to sit and smile and share the enthusiasm with this other coworker. Just a poorly timed and not well thought out thing for her to do. Especially bc she knew it was a test day too and I already told her it was a negative from the home test yesterday. 

Feeling pretty raw and bitter and it hit me harder than it would normally have done.

I'm thinking of taking a little break for a cycle. Break from social media, maybe also from the board, from everything fertility related. I dunno if we will do OPKs just so i don't have to guess at how long my cycle should be after 6 rounds of fertility drugs.... probably smart so at least I know when I'm into the TWW. But then might be nice to just not know and try not to think about it. 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    @hithertorue it seems like everyone is going through hearing so many announcements lately! It sucks.

This cycle was only for the RPL testing so I'm just using OPKs and temping to track it and have an idea when the next cycle will start. Next cycle is the mock transfer. I'm going to message my clinic today and ask. I've never had OPKs be as light as they have been and it's not getting darker so I just want to know if this can be normal after a failed transfer and if I should be concerned for future cycles. I like the idea of doing a natural cycle so there's less drugs to pay for, but if I have to do the depot lupron, the RE said it can take a while for the cycle to return to normal for the FET to occur.

I was on a higher dose of Lupron for the FET so maybe that's keeping my LH low still. I mostly want to know if that's going to extend my cycle beyond what it ever has been or if it's going to stay within my usual 30-33 day cycle lengths.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @hithertorue Oh I'm so sorry friend. That is just one brutal thing on top of the other. Take some time for you <3 A break can really be helpful. Know we are here for you if you need us.
  • Options
    @meri-mac sorry you had to deal with the kids/pregnancy triggers this weekend. Hope you can make a decision on the job you feel good about — I totally get feeling like the potential pregnancy impacts your decisions. I turned down a job earlier this year because I didn’t want to be in a new job with maternity leave.... 6 months later I’m not sure I made the right call but I’ve made peace with it. 

@inthewoods23 interesting re OPK results — I wonder what would cause that, like you said maybe different meds.  Hopefully it’s nothing to be concerned about. 

@hithertorue I am so sorry you got another negative!! Hugs!! Seriously we are here if you want to vent or cry or anything!! I completely understand wanting to take some time off — it might be a nice break before you start IVF meds again.  And ugh re pregnancy announcements! They are so hard to handle, especially right around a negative test results. 

AFM follicle check  Friday— we have bad timing this month with a wedding out of town right when we should probably be triggering so may be delaying the trigger by a few days. I’m feeling really nervous about the IUI since last time we didn’t have it due to hubby — his test came back fine so hopefully it will be fine but added stress. 

QOTW: Beyond my fridge I think I would pick my white noise machine — hubby snores and I have to drown it out LOL! But @meri-mac we have a dyson and I love it!! It was a wedding gift! 
  • Options
    Hey ladies - thanks for the great support! Love that I have this place to lean into when needed. I'm thinking I'm going to try to completely disconnect for this cycle and focus on life outside fertility for a few weeks. If we're lucky maybe that will do the trick, if not the plan is to start another IVF cycle and that should be around mid-Nov. So I'll likely take a little break from here too. 

@2dogsmom I'm sure your IUI this time around will be good since YH had good results in his last sample. Try to chalk the last one up to a crazy fluke thing as much as you can. Big hugs and hope you can get through without too much stress! I'll be thinking of you. If you don't mind continuing the weekly threads? I'll leave that in your awesome hands!

@meri-mac hope that all goes well in November for you and that the decision regarding the job becomes clearer and easier to make! 

@inthewoods23 hope that your RE is able to sort out how to track this cycle without needing to resort to Lupron and delaying things!! 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    @hithertorue Thanks, hun. I hope you won't need to come back. Enjoy your break!
  • Options
    @hithertorue enjoy the break!

So the RE got back to me. They said it can take a month for things to go back to normal and that's what I was thinking while I waited for their response. And that makes sense, I've been on some cycle controlling drugs since April. So my ovaries might just be lazy right now waiting for something to kick them in.

I've actually been having some CM this week. I woke up this morning to a lot of CM in my underwear. I had to confirm with DH that we didn't do anything last night because where the hell did all this come from? Lol so maybe it's just gonna be an-O this month and that's okay. I'm on vacation for a long weekend next week and so I'm just gonna look forward to that 🙂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @hithertorue of course I’ll do the Monday threads, I hope the break can help you destress and focus on something else for a while. Please do check back in at some point and let us know how you are doing! I’ll miss you!! 

@inthewoods23 that makes sense re everything just taking a while after coming off all those meds. That happened to me coming off birth control even. I think CM sounds like a good thing, hopefully it’s a sign your body is getting back in the swing. Enjoy your vacation!!

AFM Follicle Check was pretty good, for the first time ever I have two: 1.7 and 1.8 though so a little smaller than my normal one, and my lining is still not looking great so that’s a concern. We trigger Sunday with IUI Tuesday so FX it gets better between now and then. 
  • Options
    Would love to be added to roll call list.
    I posted a separate intro post but briefly my DH & I have been TTC for 2 Years. 

Dx: PCOS

Rx: letrazole & trigger

• Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I’ve been mia. I took a bump break after last cycle’s lack of success. I’m lurking here now but not ready to jump back in just yet. Hope everyone is having a great Monday ❤️
  • Options
    @b_1029! Glad to see you're doing okay. I know how the first IUI failure can feel like the worst feeling in the world. Hope you hop back into the swing of things in here soon!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause