Weekly Randoms 10/14

What’s going on this week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/14

• Had a busy weekend and was so exhausted this morning. I almost skipped out on swim this morning, but I knew DS would want to go.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited October 2019
    DS brought home a cold from daycare. He’s been stuffy and coughing since Thursday and hasn’t been great about sleeping through the night in his bed due to coughing fits. Yesterday, I got a much worse dose of it. Including a pretty decent fever (spiked at 101), so I called the after hours line at my doctor’s office. I basically got a lecture from the nurse about not getting DS a flu test (he never had a fever) and about using google instead of the practice’s website (which I looked at later and found that it only had a list of medications you could take, no info on when to go to the ER). She then said to take Tylenol and go in if it didn’t drop below 100.4 within an hour. It dropped, fortunately, but I was up about once an hour checking my temperature all night. It was pretty scary. I’m better today. Fever’s been gone since about 3:00 this morning. Still feel pretty bad, but functioning, which is good, because I couldn’t miss work today. Big emergency from last week is still going on. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 Sorry you were so sick and the nurse was a jerk but glad to hear you're feeling better.  Stinks you couldn't take work off!!  I feel like I can never take time off when I'm sick since I'm always the taking time off when the kids are sick.  I hope you get to get some rest tonight!    
  • My 2 yr old has decided he doesn't want to wear diapers anymore. Today has been full of tantrums about wearing diapers or just flat out taking his diaper off. So not ready to potty train yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 DD is ok with diapers but only elmo ones, which will be interesting when we try to potty train since we will still do diapers at night. I just ordered some potty training underwear...I think we are getting closer. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited October 2019
    I'm sorry to hear you were sick @mercury94 . I was too, all of last week. Luckily i didn't have a high temperature. Hope you're recovering well.
  • @sanpelligrino I feel less terrible, but I’m not completely better yet. I figure the cold will go away eventually, but it’s a bit tough to deal with when you can’t take anything but Tylenol. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • 2nd tri has started to hit. For all three now, i spend 1st tri low key nauseous the entire time. But the second I hit 2nd tri it turns into I'm going to gag and puke over nothing or something whenever. 

Took the dog for a walk, 5 mins in i almost puked. Ate some noodles, literally the second i started to swallow, I start gagging and had to spit them out.
    No idea why my body thinks 2nd tri is when the nausea is supposed to turn into puking, but it does.
    Any advice on the sudden gag reflex over literally opening my mouth to breathe? I can barely get through brushing my teeth, and I'm not sticking the toothbrush down my throat! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited October 2019
    @smallbutmighty77 I'm in a similar boat!  I don't have any nausea left but I am SUPER gaggy.  I come so close to throwing up every time I brush my teeth, I can feel it rise up into my throat.  Then during some, ahem, mouth related adult time the other night out of no where I actually threw up into my mouth during the act, no nausea, all reflex!  The congestion and forced mouth breathing is definitely not helping.  No suggestions, just commiseration. 

Edit to add: when brushing I try to push through and hope mouth wash takes care of the rest haha
  • @KFrob mouth related adult time  :D
  • @KFrob DH was trying to get 'snuggly' the other night. I straight asked if he wanted me to puke on him, bc that was the only way anything was going to happen!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • I'm annoyed. I thought I bought myself a bottle of cherry coke. Turns out I bought the limited edition cinnamon coke because coke is dumb and used the same color packaging as cherry coke.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 that would probably make me cry! Cinnamon coke sounds gross. Now I just want an ice cold can of regular coke. 
  • @Kathryn0903 Yuck. That is upsetting. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • regular coke is my vice....mmmmmmm especially from McDonalds
  • @korthouse congratulations!!
  • @korthouse That’s awesome. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @korthouse That's so cool!
  • @korthouse that is amazing!

@KFrob your love of McD’s fountain coke is furthering my suspicion that you may be my spirit animal 
  • @literatureandink lol McDs fountain coke and salty prosciutto pizza mmmmmmm