February 2020 Moms

Monday B#tchfest

Let's hear 'em!
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Monday B#tchfest

• My OBs office screwed up the scheduling for my appointment. The US tech was grumpy at first bc they didnt put me on her schedule, she thought I just walked in for it. But they put me on my OBs schedule even though I wasn't  seeing her!!! I got lucky and the tech had an opening so she could do the follow up. But it didnt even matter bc baby refused to cooperate. The tech did a full on truffle shuffle with my belly and baby was having none of it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyroma Sorry about the scheduling issues and baby not cooperating during the AS! 
    TW
  • @babyroma That is so annoying. Ultra sound techs must be under a lot of pressure because they are so protective of their schedule. I was 2 minutes late for my AS and the tech made me feel like we might not have time to get all the measurements we need. 

@brookert615 yikes. I definitely wouldn’t move in with her if you can help it especially because she’s already driving you nuts.
  • @doodleoodle Thanks. It's definitely something that is the last thing we want. I love my mom, she's definitely my best friend but just having our own space is very important lol.
    TW
  • @nhh11 Hahah yes, so ridiculous! And that's annoying at the coffee shop!

Which reminds me of another one! Why the heck do a lot of places not list caffeine content in drinks? Like going to the store it's like 25% of the time I can find caffeine content!  :|
    TW
  • @babyroma I am so sorry this is becoming such an ordeal for you. Hopefully the uncooperativeness now is not a sign of things to come with this LO. 🤞
  • @mandk1233 that's what I told H when I left! I wasn't even the little hellion that makes moms go "someday you're gonna have a kid that acts just like you!" So I'm gonna blame him for the stubborn baby XD 
  • @babyroma too funny. I totally was that kid and so far our baby seems to be taking after me. My husband is a bit worried and my parents think it is hilarious. 
  • @nhh11 I feel like I've regressed to that stage. Twice in the past couple of weeks, I've told someone in the medical profession (a receptionist at my normal doctor and a dentist) that I was pregnant. Then they look me up and down and ask if I'm sure. I'm 24 weeks pregnant. At this point, I'm pretty ****ing sure.
  • @daffodil_shoe the good news is that if you do happen to get pregnant with a third boy nobody will suggest that you have a 4th 😂
  • @daffodil_shoe lucky! DH refuses. I am considering getting an IUD, but whenever I see a diagram showing where it is placed it makes me feel super uneasy.
  • mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited October 2019
    @doodleoodle I had an IUD before we got pregnant with this little one because I can't take normal birth control and hated the mini pill. It was awful when I first had it put in, but was actually quite lovely once it settled. Also helped calm my endo symptoms. I am not sure I would ever get another though, simply because I am not a fan of HBC... One of the few crunchy things I am quite pro. 😎 Luckily for me, MH also offered long ago to get snipped when we are done having kids because he hated seeing me in so much pain when I first had the Mirena placed.

ETA the Mirena is also how we finally figured out I have endo after years of figuring I just had bad periods. My cervix is high and somewhat retroverted so I couldn't check my own strings. My GP sent me for an ultrasound and low and behold there was an endometrioma. 
  • @mandk1233 they do make the copper iud which is hormone free, but I’ve read that it has a slightly greater rate of unintended pregnancy than hormonal IUDs. I hope your husband keeps his promise! I feel like there’s really no good birth control option. I’m so over it, but DH and I have had our fair share of surprise pregnancies so I have to do something different.
  • @daffodil_shoe that is so rude!  I've had very few people ask me if we are going to try for a girl next but nope our only other embryo is a male.  Also if we do decide to have another child we are going to adopt.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @doodleoodle Cooper IUDs are also supposed to be horrible in terms of cramping, which is really the last thing I want. My cramps are bad enough when unaided thanks. I can totally see being over "risky" birth control options when you have had surprise pregnancies. 
  • I had the Paraguard for 2 years (copper IUD). Cramping wasn't too bad. My regular periods with no BC are medium to light flow with little to no cramping and the only thing I remember with the Paraguard was heavy periods. I had to used the Ultra Plus tampons/pads the first 2 days.
    I had it taken out after 2 years because it was coming out on its own. I could feel the string poking  :#
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Yikes, ladies! I guess I've never really heard all of the true stories about IUDs. My doctor recommended one as BC after I had my first, but I never got around to "installing it." I assumed I would get it this time since we're 2 and done, but I'm not so sure after these stories. I already have a really heavy flow and cramping and my cycle lasts the FULL 7 days. It sounds like an IUD might make things worse... 
  • @lanie1000 Hormonal IUDs like the mirena usually lighten your period and many women actually stop having a period all together. It took a while for things to settle down for me, but once they did all I really experienced was super light spotting and maybe a bit of light cramping, but nothing like my endo periods. Honestly, I really liked my IUD once it settled in; I just wasn't a fan of the adjustment period and am not a fan of HBC generally which definitely impacts future planning. Copper IUDs can make period symptoms worse, but some people also really like them so there's that I guess. 🤷‍♀️
  • @mandk1233 Thanks! This is helpful. 
  • I had Mirena placed before I had kids/ was married and having it placed was AWFUL. I broke out into full body hives for 2 weeks and was basically told they were psychosomatic, although having the Mirena pulled did clear them up almost immediately. It's hard to say how much of feeling traumatized by getting an IUD was from seeing a regular OB and getting the 15 minute, stranger danger, painful procedures are no big deal, and we don't have time for long Q&As and heart-to-hearts treatment... The whole process from beginning to end is something I never hope to experience again and I found the doctor, product, and "care" all to be horrifying with none of them being in my best interest.
  • I loved my Mirena. The way it was explained to me it’s hormonal but the daily dose is pretty low bc it’s local. I had horrible endo pain with bad periods and went to maybe spotting for a day every other month. It was life changing when I used it. I took it out to start our family obviously. It isn’t for everyone and I think it’s really dependent on how you react to hormones to begin with. 
  • @22ksi2 Thanks for providing an additional perspective. I never had any problems when I was on the pill when I was in my early twenties. So maybe I'll give it a try. It sounds like if I have a bad reaction I can get it removed. 

• @lanie1000 you totally can and many do end up doing that. And it can be a helpful option when it works well.
  • @malloryfrommn Awe man, I’m sorry that didn’t sit well! 
    TW
  • @malloryfrommn awe man, that would have made me feel insecure too. A lot of my husband’s employees are college aged so there have been a couple things here and there that made me take pause. It’s definitely not a good feeling. Especially when pregnant. Buy yourself a cake ❤️
  • @malloryfrommn oh man, I wouldnt be thrilled either! :( 
  • @malloryfrommn noooo! I would’ve been sad about that too. I told my husband if he ever has to hire a woman to work for him, she better be an old crabby grandma!
  • It’s a Friday not Monday b#tchfest. But we did a gender reveal with family over the weekend. I can NEVER convince my husband to take pictures with me so I convinced him to not wear a grubby t shirt and got him to wear something nice knowing there were going to be some photos. A family member got him one of those awful corny t shirts and insisted on taking pictures of us in them. I did it to humor but had him change back eventually (it took way too long and all the pictures from the reveal are in this awful inappropriate shirt). We took a few after he changed bc I wanted something more appropriate for sharing. Now I’m getting all these messages about how I won’t post or use ___’s photos. I literally start sobbing when I see them bc I hate them so much. 
  • @22ksi2 No! Sorry!!!
    TW
  • @22ksi2 that sucks!! I’m sorry about that!!