How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants:

Questions: 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure?
TW: 
1 infant loss
8/17: Our daughter was born
8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!

Re: Group 4 (April 25-30) week of 10/14

• EDD/W+D: 4/30, 11w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime, donut hole or golf ball

Upcoming Appointments: 10/16 is our NT scan and NIPT

How are you feeling?
    Much better!  Nausea is pretty much gone, energy is coming back, I'm not as moody, still have some food aversions and gag like crazy when I brush my teeth.  The RLP is really starting to ramp up and I popped this weekend and now look way further along than 11weeks.

Raves/Rants:
    Rant: I have no motivation at work.  Rave: H&M is having a sale so it's time to buy some maternity clothes.

Questions: 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure?
    Starbucks, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Soda, Anthropologie 

• EDD/W+D: April 27

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out, for sure

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming Appointments: 10/15, for the 12 week appt

How are you feeling? Much less nauseous the past few days, and energy is getting a bit more back to normal 

Raves/Rants: current rave is miso ramen soup. I literally cannot get enough of it. Rant is I'm too pregnant for my regular pants but not enough for maternity pants yet.

Questions: 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure? Celebrity gossip
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 11 weeks, 2 days (I’m due on May 4th but my EDD based on my LMP was April 22nd, so I stuck around)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming Appointments: U/S yesterday, NT scan on 10/25

How are you feeling? Meh 🤷🏾‍♀️ my energy and my nausea are better but I still have no appetite and I’m more emotional

Raves/Rants: Raves: I’m so thankful for my DH, he’s been so understanding with my range of symptoms. Rants: Im waiting until my NT scan to tell work, but I’m getting tired of wearing the same 3 flowy shirts to cover my growing tummy. 

Questions: has anyone done an independent ultrasound to determine the sex? My doctor won’t assess sex until my 20 week anatomy scan, I can’t wait that long. 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure? Adult cartoons. They’re stupid and crude but I love them. 

@kfrob @jecies
    I hope that your appointments went well! 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • EDD/W+D: April 28, 12 weeks, 1 day

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green! Not finding out if we can help it!

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 18th (Friday) for a new 12 week ultrasound because I was a little early when we first tried (it had been booked based on LMP but with PCOS I ovulated later in the cycle). 

How are you feeling? Tired, but not as much as before, more nasal congestion, less nausea but picky eating and food aversions still (I hate being a picky eater! I'm normally not one at all!). Headaches off and on are a little hard to cope with because I get very light sensitive with them so I can't get anything done. Getting really excited to almost be out of the first trimester!

Raves/Rants: I am loving starting my baby registry early to keep me from just buying everything myself out of excitement. I'm using myregistry.com and love it because people can pick and choose where they want to purchase from (aka bargain hunt if they want to) and I can add gifts from anywhere.

Questions: Anyone have homeopathic tips for headache relief that you've tried and are working for you? I know I can take Tylenol in moderation, but I don't want to overdo it.

GTKY: Guilty pleasure? Yummy Mummies on Netflix. I've watched all the episodes and am hoping another season will come out during this pregnancy so I can binge watch again.

@drkoyya Anatomy scans can be inconclusive this early on, because not all those telltale bits are fully developed yet, which is why they wait until 20 weeks. You can do a blood test though! The anatomy scan is more accurate, but a lot of people do the blood test and get accurate results.
  • @KFrob Me too re: popping! I look like I'm 20 weeks and it's my first pregnancy. Apparently my mother in law carried fully in front with my husband and he was a giant Dutch baby so maybe that's what's up. 

@jecies Maternity leggings that angle low in the waistband instead of ones that have the high bump panel might help. You'll be able to wear them now and well into having a big bump too. Motherhood Maternity carries them in two-packs
  • kpintokpinto member
    edited October 2019
    @korthouse I had been getting terrible headaches and my OB suggested taking magnesium in the morning and making sure I had some (not a lot) caffeine because I drank it a lot before getting pregnant. I have to say, the magnesium is really helping!! I’ve only had to take Tylenol once since starting it. Hope this helps!
  • @kpinto Thanks for the tip! I'll ask my midwife about magnesium. Could definitely also be caffeine withdrawal. I had a vicious headache the other day where I had to shut off all the lights and curl up in a ball until finally caving and taking a Tylenol because it was not changing. My husband was walking around our apartment using his phone torch to see. It's funny to me now that I'm not in the middle of it  :D
  • @korthouse I picked some up tonight. So comfy!

Appointment went well; got to hear the heartbeat, 156. Waiting on cfDNA results now.
  • lmac92lmac92 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D: April 27th, as of first dating scan but that could change.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: definitely finding out! The wait is killing me!

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum!

Upcoming Appointments: 10/23 I have my FTS combined screening. So excited to see little bean again since I know a lot has probably changed! I am now going on 13 weeks and my last US was 7 weeks.

How are you feeling? Appetite is coming back a bit and having no more food aversions. Thank god! They were bad. Still experiencing nausea first thing in the morning but it goes away with a bit of toast. The lower back / hip pain is already making it difficult to walk which makes me nervous as I have a history of hip “issues”, we will call them. Makes me nervous for what is too come... Today I am feeling like I have a rapid heart rate...laying down for a bit until it subsides. So excited to be approaching trimester 2!

Raves/Rants: Feeling the need to know the gender is consuming me! But I don’t know if I would trust one of those sneak peek tests...I feel like I’d spend the money and still not fully believe it!

Questions: Bloat or bump?? I am more petite, but my husband is a giant, so even though this is our first baby and I’m only 12 weeks, I’m staring to wonder if this gut is an actual bump! 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure? Sleeping in (I know...I’m in for a rude awakening), pop and chips and dip. 
  • Hi guys! I’m technically in Group 3, but nobody has been posting for that week. So I’m sneaking into this one! 

EDD/W+D: 13+3. Due April 23 based on scans. 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out at the 20 week scan! 

Baby is the size of a(n): tube of lipstick 

Upcoming Appointments: My next appointment isn’t until November 18th. 

How are you feeling? I’m finally feeling better this week. The nausea has let up. And I’m craving vegetables again. I’m still having headaches and migraines, but I was prone to them before pregnancy. 

Raves/Rants: Rave- I told my boss a few weeks ago because I needed to take so much time for appointments and sick days. She has been so understanding! 
    Rant-my pants are really getting snug, but I’m not big enough for maternity pants yet. 

Questions: None

GTKY: Guilty pleasure? Watching FRIENDS on Netflix for the millionth time, tortilla chips. 
  • @lmac92 DH and I are the same way!  I'm 5'4"(barely) and DH is 6'6".  My mother in law told me how all three of her kids were 9lbs so when I was pregnant with DD1 I was so scared she was going to be huge.  DD1 was 7lbs4oz and DD2 7lbs2oz.  They were both nice enough to wait until their exit to have huge growth spurts!  But, if you're petite you're probably starting to show  :)

@sarahemily84 the weird in between stage with pants is the worst!   
  • @KFrob I'm 5'2" and DH is 6'. He and his sister were big, so they expected big for me. DD was 8lb 9oz!! DS1 was 6lb 9oz (but they think his conditions attributed). We'll see with this one, but since it's Third in 3yrs- I am already showing. Plus, my height is in my legs- my torso is short so any weight shows.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 Sounds like we have similar builds, I'm short from my shoulders to my waist and then from the waist down I'm long and have long legs.  I definitely popped last weekend!  I also think my abs and uterus put up no fight this time around lol.