TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
doodleoodle

Re: UO 10/17

• Loading the player...
  • babybelugacobabybelugaco member
    edited October 2019
    My UO is that I hate halloween. I always have. I always got so stressed picking out costumes as a kid. I dont particularly remember enjoying the process of trick or treating, only the aftermath. 
    I dont party or drink much so even as an adult Halloween is just meh to me. 
    Funny thing is MH has never been trick or treating. His parents didnt care for it either! Now I look forward to Halloween bc it's my kitty's birthday! 
    mandk1233brookert615malloryfrommnnhh11
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyroma - I also hated halloween until I had DD1 and now I love it because she gets so excited to dress up and go trick or treating, and the decorations creep her out which is cute. I still refuse to dress up though haha.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

brookert615mandk1233nhh11
  • @leksiL I'm sure things will change when baby gets here! I've felt similarly about Christmases spent away from family. It's just not fun to me unless I'm around my niblings! Especially since I grew up with big family holiday gatherings and the family has kind of gone our separate ways since then. 

@craftywitch yes!!! If I'm getting what you mean (i have a very sleepy brain today), I always hate when people want to complain about their circumstances they're perfectly capable of changing. 

brookert615
  • @taylor2020 that’s super rude!
    tmk2021
  • On the smoking convo...I've totally complained to our building manager about people smoking. The couple who live in the ground floor unit by the back stairs will sit on the stairs and smoke cigarettes AND pot. Then they leave their butts out there all over the ground. There's plenty of room for them to put chairs behind the stairs and not block every other tenant and get yourself an ashtray! Also it's not like smoking in the units is prohibited....no need to be a nuisance to everyone else. 

brookert615leksiL
  • @taylor2020 I would have definitely made some gagging noises while leaving LOL.
    @lanie1000 - I smoked in my 20s too and I think it might actually be worse for us than non-smokers. It literally makes me want to puke.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

lanie1000brookert615
  • I have 2 this week:
    1. I hate sleeping on feather pillows. I assume other people like them since now they’re practically all I can find at hotels. But they are always flat as a pancake when I wake up. I just don’t get it??

2. I feel bad saying this but I don’t love the way kicks feel. Everyone is always saying things like “don’t you just looove feeling the baby kick!?” I’m so glad he’s growing and moving in there but right now the kicks just sort of make me feel queasy.  
    malloryfrommnbrookert615craftywitch
  • @nhh11 Yes!!! I hate down pillows, too! I always end up trying to stack them at hotels. And although I love feeling the little kicks and movement, I did NOT enjoy it when #1 got the hiccups at all. Most moms talked about how cute they were, but they would drive me crazy. I'm not looking forward to that feeling this time around.  
    brookert615nhh11
  • It is so strange to me that down pillows and comforters are still a thing. What are we barbarians? We have other options besides sleeping on and under sacks of feathers. It’s 2019, people.
    lanie1000brookert615nhh11rikiteacup
  • @nhh11 I do love baby kicks and movements, but like @lanie1000 I hate hiccups!
    lanie1000brookert615nhh11
  • Are baby hiccups like adult hiccups? Where they stick around for a while in a rhythm or are they sporadic? Wondering if that’s what I’m feeling. 
    mandk1233brookert615
  • I have also been wondering the same thing @nhh11. I know what the kicks and punches feel like but I can't figure out when this little one is getting the hiccups. 
    nhh11brookert615
  • @doodleoodle You will have to pry my down comforter out of my cold dead hands! I love that thing! I actually like down pillows too...the (few) memory foam ones I tried were too stiff for me. Hubs' loves his though :)

@nhh11 The movements don't make me queasy but they do feel weird. Like I have really rumble-y gas or something haha.
    nhh11brookert615