April 2020 Moms

UO - 10/17

Re: UO - 10/17

• @literatureandink I love pineapple on basically anything, but I’m allergic, so I never get to it. Jealous that you can enjoy a pineapple pizza. 

Mustard is gross and completely ruins hot dogs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited October 2019
    @mercury94 I am team mustard when pregnant, I can't get enough

Edit to add my love of pineapple!  I have to cut myself off since its so acidic. I will eat so much I either sort of burn my tongue and lose some taste for a couple of days or get a canker sore.
  • Facebook is the devil
  • I was really expecting some big pineapple push back! Everyone I know says it's the DEVIL on pizza!
  • @KFrob Facebook really IS the devil and I hate it so so much but I also can't pull the trigger on getting rid of it, which almost makes me hate it more.
  • @literatureandink the first couple of weeks were hard but then it was freeing! 
  • U/O -I hate extensions and that whole mess. I mean- I get it supposed to make doing your hair easier, and mine is always a mess- but I don't want hair clipped, sewn, or glued into my head. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @doraleigh35 DD2's BMB moved over and I hemmed and hawed about getting FB back just to keep in contact with those ladies.  I signed up again and then got serious anxiety and deleted it.  I miss them though!  
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited October 2019
    @doraleigh35 That is a lot of why I use FB. DS’s group is down to about 15 ladies now, but I love them all. 

@KFrob While I find FB annoying, I will likely not get rid of it any time soon because pictures of pets and babies. I don’t think anything else belongs on FB. Just cute pictures. I ignore everything else to the extent I can. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I get really (maybe irrationally) mad when people use FB to be super negative or attention whorey or political. Just show me cute animals and babies and wedding pictures! I want happy!
  • @literatureandink Hawaiian pizza is my favorite. We recently had a birthday party for my FIL and my SIL bought a bunch of pizzas. She bought one Hawaiian because she knew her grandmother liked it and thought everyone else thought it was gross. It was the first one gone. :)

@KFrob My husband and I were just talking about FB this morning. I think we might download all the pictures we've posted and delete our accounts. I mostly use it for parenting groups now, and I love those, but I'm really strongly opposed to what FB is doing as a company. The harder thing for us is Instagram, which we both use and love, but is owned by FB. :(
  • @aresee I do have Instagram, I only have 25 followers who are mostly family so they can see pictures of the kids.  I got it after I deleted my FB.  My brother pressured me into it but some how it feels more sheltered than FB.     
  • @KFrob Yeah, I do keep my Instagram private. It's not strictly close family and friends, but I agree it feels more protected than FB. I think I'm likely to keep it for now.
  • I love this social platforms talk, because I work in social media marketing, so IG/FB etc are daily parts of my life. But personally, my IG is mostly family/friends. My FB is more open but still not a ton of kid pics-we keep a lot of those in a cluster account we only share with family, and my DH doesn't have FB. But it's just so funny to me how anti people get as we get older, but the younger are adding new channels all the time! TikTok damn you!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • @KFrob A bunch of the O18 ladies are on IG! If you’re comfortable, feel free to PM me your user name and I’ll pass it along (and add you myself)... I know people miss you :)
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited October 2019
    Going back to the pizza... I love pineapple on pizza but I DO NOT LIKE the traditional Hawaiian pizza with ham/Canadian bacon. I will just pick off that part and just have pineapple pizza. 😂  
    Give me pineapple with any of the following: pepperoni, jalapeño, black olives or mushrooms... any combo of that is great!

My friend who lives long distance that is about 4 weeks ahead of me with triplets has been doing her updates on Instagram so I think I’m going to finally cave and join that. But from what my bestie is telling me and what I’m reading on here..... Facebook may be a goner for me as really I only use it to keep up with my college roommates (who are all also on Instagram!) 

edited for typos
  • @mandarenee898 I feel like pineapple and jalapeno pizza makes perfect sense and I would like one
  • Pineapple mushroom is so good!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • @mandarenee898 have you had bacon & pineapple? That’s my current fave!
  • @literatureandink I haven’t...  And yum! Pineapple bacon and jalapeño sounds good about now!
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited October 2019
    I love pineapple, but I am not a fan of pineapple on pizza! Maybe it’s because I don’t like canned pineapple (bad experience as a child), and the pizza chains probably mostly use that? After reading so many in favor, I feel like I should give it another try as an adult. I do like other fruits on pizza like peaches or pears with strong cheeses and arugula - yum!
  • @jenabary one of my favorite pizzas is arugula sliced apple and Brie! Now I want to try peaches and pears!!!
  • @jenabary and @literatureandink We have a restaurant we used to go to often that has an amazing fig, prosciutto, and arugula pizza
  • @literatureandink and @KFrob Those both sound amazing! I’m definitely going to want pizza today. 😊
  • @KFrob I miss prosciutto SO MUCH! It's one of the no-nos that I'm most sad about. :(
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited October 2019
    @literatureandink We get a frozen pizza from Trader Joe's that has arugula and prosciutto on it and I just put the prosciutto on before I cook it so it's safe

Edit to add it also makes it crispy and delicious! 
  • @Sailing_Mama my doctor always uses the Blue Bunny ice cream listeria deal a few years ago as an example of why the guidelines are crazy.  Remember when we were pregnant w/our O18s and it was Goldfish crackers and some sort of snack cake?  nothing is safe! lol
  • @Sailing_Mama 100% with you on this. There is an awesome episode of The Birthful Podcast that addresses food restrictions during pregnancy!  It has caused me to ease up a lot this round.  I also feel like with my first, I could afford to be choosy with what I ate, since I was ravenous 100% of the time.  With this kid, I have no appetite most of the time, so anything that sounds good goes down the hatch.
  • Unrelated (but totally agree that I love pineapple and prosciutto and am annoyed with under-researched dietary recommendations)...

My UO is that everyone is designing cellphones to be TOO BIG! I am reluctant to switch from my dainty iPhone 6 because everything new is too giant for me to use comfortably with one hand. So annoyed. I’m blaming the male-dominated tech industry. 
  • @independentgeorge Totally. And the big phones won’t fit in tiny female pockets so you are forced to take a purse everywhere. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017