May 2020 Moms

FFFC

*Not guaranteed to be flame free.

Re: FFFC

• @ruby696 Sex has been a tough spot in my marriage. He has a higher sex drive and when I was going through health issues postpartum last time my sex drive was severely effected by the hormone imbalance. It took a year of treatment to get my body back to "normal". We had sex a handful of times in the beginning of this pregnancy, but then nothing for weeks. He brought it up and I confessed that it was partly our schedules, fatigue, but also I had been having some left hip/ovary pain and was scared to do anything. I'm hoping to make more of an effort soon now that symptoms are calming down.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 We've been on self-induced pelvic rest too... DH actually approached me the other day and basically said "not that I'm not interested, but I don't want to hurt the raspberries". I told him he wouldn't, but I'm nervous about spotting so I'd rather wait until 2nd tri. And maybe I'll be less tired then, too.
  • @ruby696 With DS2 I was on pelvic rest almost the entire time. In the beginning for estrogen supplements and towards the end for placenta issues. And honestly it was a huge relief. I HATE pregnancy sex. It’s uncomfortable, I can’t get into it, I just don’t feel like dealing with it. MH has been driving me crazy for weeks and I just want to puke on him one time so he’ll leave me alone. 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited October 2019
    @m6agua MH already knows he's going to go through a major dry spell after the babies are born. Post partum sex is horrible for me. I think breastfeeding makes it worse. It starts getting tolerable around 6 months, but doesn't feel normal again for like a full year. I suck it up and put out occasionally because I know MH has needs (and he's an amazing dad) so I try to throw him a bone every now and then.

@jhysmath You guys need one of those cute, elderly crossing guards who is a community volunteer! They're adorable and they love chatting with young people.

Eta: tag
  • Our poor DH's. Mine looked at me already in bed with the covers over me at 9:20 last night and said sadly, "some day we will go back to our normal" I didn't want to crush him so I didn't say anything just smiled and blew him a kiss.

@jhysmath Excellent planning! Bwahahaha.
  • MH really wanted some last weekend and I just can’t when I constantly feel sick and hungover. I do kind of miss him so I’m hoping that I feel more into in a couple weeks when second tri hits.

My confession... yesterday was a crap day and both kids got into trouble while I was puking in the bathroom. I feel bad for yelling but I don’t feel bad that my oldest picked up his toys in the floor over the past week for the first time in forever. Also, I am super ridiculously irritable right now and don’t know why. Like I don’t want to be around me but I can’t seem to stop it. 
  • @ "the pelvic rest" convo: DH just keeps saying "when you feel better" which at least we both know is coming. I'm too tired and too nauseous. Not in the mood. I don't even get the fun dreams.

@jhysmath What a bogus duty. Good for you! I got out of a duty this year because of another role. How am I using that time? I'm on TB! 😂

I bought cookies from the vending machine this morning. I had other (maybe better for me) snacks but they ALL sounded terrible at the time.

• @jrouge12 I've had two breakfasts every day this week. I'm currently starving and can't wait to go get a sandwich in 20 minutes. Eat all the cookies you want! 
  • @ruby696 Hahah! Today was particularly tough! Hoping for some relief from nausea soon!
  • @jhysmath I'm in a similar boat with this pregnancy. I'm much more interested in sex than I ever was during my pregnancy with DD. Also, sex used to be kind of painful for me before I had DD, but once I recovered from delivery, things were stretched out just enough for it to no longer be painful, so now I'm much less averse, lol.
  • @ieles2531 That's brilliant! Lol!
  • this woman is a genius. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mdfarmchick I've done this so that way I get to choose when we're on a long drive and we don't end up at Chipotle for the 100th time. I loved Chipotle until he decided we needed to eat there every time we passed one. I'm just like oh look there's an olive garden gift card in our pile from Christmas let's go there! And really I slipped it in before the trip 😂
  • This is amazing 😂
  • About the sex: even though I have a sex drive, my anxiety stops me. DH would loooove to have sex, but I’m way too nervous. Now that he has HFM and his bodily fluids will be contagious for weeks, I’m using that as an excuse to wait until after the anatomy scan 😂😂

My FFFC: I’m 10 weeks tomorrow and I wore maternity pants to work today. Soooo much more comfortable!
  • stella_700stella_700 member
    edited October 2019
    @mokay19 Bwahahahaha. although HFM, no thank you! I've yet to experience that with my little two, I'm so not looking forward to it.

My FFFC: Several friends reported to me that cases of croup are popping up everywhere. Grrrr, my DS is especially susceptible and had to be given vaporized epinephrine last time in the ER to ease his breathing. We are hibernating all weekend.
  • @stella_700 When did he have Croup last? DD had it for the first time at 13.5 months that required an ER trip. She got it again exactly a year later and it was not nearly as bad and no ER trip required. We just did steamy bathrooms and cold air and medicine to control fevers. I'm pretty sure it was because she grew and there was more space in her vocal chords/throat so the swelling didn't impact it as much. She just recently had a croup-y cough again, about 10 months since the last one and it was really no big deal this time, we didn't have to do anything to manage it and it was gone after 2 nights.

I'm guessing you know this, but just in case you don't. The adult version of Croup is Laryngitis. We have much more space so we just lose our voice with the swelling and don't get the croup-y cough.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua This was back in early summer. He's actually had a worse case each time he's had it (three times now.) I told DH that if it happens again we will be looking at having him assessed by his pediatrician for a referral to a pediatric pulmonologist.  Hopefully he's grown enough to not have more issues. I tried all the tricks to get it to ease up, it didn't and he grew more panicked so off we went.