Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 10/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Thursday 10/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 - FX this (or tomorrow) is O day! 

@bows22 - two temps in a row! Woo! 

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, tracking in FF, OPKs, etc etc...

R/R: It’s Thursday, which is bowling league night for DH (candlepin so it’s awesome) which means I have the TV to myself tonight! Marvelous Mrs. Maisel here I come. 

CS/Q: Gahhh I feel like such a newb. We’re looking for dark lines only on OPKs, right? I’m using Wondfo and have gotten light lines next to the control line. That means nothing, yes? 
  • Options
    @kmalls I LOVE that show. I cannot wait for the next season to come! I don’t use opk’s but I do believe the line needs to be as dark as the control line. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    Month/Cycle:4/3

CD:2

WAYDTGKU: my own pharmacies worth of supplements, opk, preseed, temping 

R/R: Still having a brutal AF (joys of ending and PCOS). Still just waiting on all the papers I need to start with a RE. Doubt I’ll get in on time to do anything this cycle ( but who knows my last cycle was 42 days). 

CS/Q: none 
    @gingermama29 yay for O! Enjoy like on the other side and I hope to
    not see you back here. 
    @bows22: yay for 2 temps lol. 
    @kmalls yes the second line needs to be as dark or darker than the control to be positive. 
    Ttcbabyodo have a fun lunch. It sounds nice. I use internet cheapies and I’ve always found them to be pretty reliable (and way cheaper). Also can you explain what the baby aspirin is supposed to do? 
  • Options
    @beckylookatherbump - it's supposed to help women who suffer low-grade inflammation to get and stay pregnant, increasing blood flow and thus lowering the chances of a CP. You'll want to talk to your doc about if it's safe for you to take while TTC, but it's a relatively cheap and easy addition to my TTC routine.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @feather_heather - OMG I'm so sorry about your cousin. How scary. FX for good news.

• Options

Month/Cycle: 17/12/2 AL#2 

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD in FW, temping/tracking with FF, and adding in progesterone after O.

R/R: The weekend is so close now!! We are going to a basketball game tomorrow night (it’s the university’s first scrimmage game), so that should be fun! Then heading to the IL’s so DH can hunt Saturday morning. 

CS/Q: I’m thinking O may have been yesterday. Although I started over-analyzing last night and wonder if it happened on Monday. We switched to heat (which we keep 4 degrees cooler than air) on Sunday night and also switched blankets then too. Wondering if that is offsetting a shift. There is really no way to know since I don’t use OPK’s though. Hoping for more of a shift tomorrow to put my crazy to rest for a bit! I’m supposed to start progesterone 3 days after O and I really don’t want to mess that up the first cycle using it! 

@gingermama29 yay, I’m so glad it’s looking like it won’t be an anovulatory cycle after all!! That sounds like the O pain I get! It can sometimes last for days for me, so I don’t usually know for sure until I get the temp shift.  

@bows22 good job on temping 2 days in a row! I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow and take full advantage of being able to sleep in! Hope O holds off a bit since timing will be difficult tonight! 

@kmalls enjoy your evening to watch what you want! Never heard of that show, but hope you enjoy it! And yes, as others have said, you want the test line to be as dark or darker than the control line.

@ttcbabyodo glad you are getting to have lunch with a friend and catch up!! I actually stopped using OPK’s because they were always slightly positive and it seemed like I had a short surge. Wonder if it would be worth trying out the digitals. Do you feel like they work well enough for the expense? 

@beckylookatherbump sorry AF is still being a jerk! Fingers crossed you can get into your RE quickly and get a plan in place! 

@feather_heather so glad your meds were approved and you should be able to start them next week! Good luck with everything tomorrow...hope all goes well! So sorry to hear about your cousin, that's awful! Sending hugs and positive vibes...hoping for good news!! 

• Options
    @bluetickgal - Yes, absolutely worth the expense IMHO, but only if you use them smartly instead of wastefully (like with internet cheapies, lol). They come 10 to a box, so I found myself only really using three per FW to confirm O, so a box would last me around three cycles. I also get them for much cheaper at the commissary on base, so that helps.

• Options
    @gingermama29 yay for getting the peak OPK!!!! I hope this is it for you!!!

@bows22 You'll still get good timing in, I have faith!! <3

@kmalls we love that show!!! Is season 3 out yet?!  Also, MH plays on a bowling league too, but on Wednesday nights!

@ttcbabyodo I hope you have a great lunch :) Work friends are wonderful!

@beckylookatherbump how are you feeling, mentally, today?

@feather_heather yes!!! So glad things are going to start moving for you :)

@bluetickgal I love going to baseball games, so much fun!  Can I live through you and your progesterone experiences this cycle? Is that a weird thing to ask? haha 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @bluetickgal I’ve been wondering if the heat would mess with my temping once I start back. 
    @kpearse99 enjoy your mental health day. You have earned it. I felt so much better after yesterday. I’m still pretty bummed but how sort this is how having children is. Nothing ever goes to your perfect plan so I’m just gonna try to remain positive. Like I’m so lucky they found out early and are getting me the right people who know how to do this. Like all they do is make babies so there isn’t a better place for me to be. Also I love Trader Joe’s especially all their fall stuff. 
    @NamelessAria yeah I get super sick every time and can’t even keep food down. One time I vomited all over myself and my husband has never once complained again. Yay for O! Hope you get in that one more time. 
  • Options
    @kmalls what everyone else said regarding OPKs, but I wanted to add that I always have a least a faint line so faint lines mean less than nothing for me haha. Enjoy your solo TV time to tonight! I almost never get that so I’m jealous! (To be fair, DH puts up with a lot of crap TV, but he draws a line and pretty little liars: the perfectionists is where the line goes! I don’t really blame him)

@ttcbabyodo have fun catching up with your friend!

@beckylookatherbump I hope AF eases up for you soon!

@feather_heather enjoy your day off tomorrow! Any plans other than your appointments? I’m running errands and getting my flu shot but it’s better than work! That’s so scary and sad about your cousin, I hope everything turns out okay. 

@bluetickgal I honestly think you might be right about Monday. Could you start them tomorrow and meet in the middle? I don’t even know if that’s a thing ugh 

@kpearse99 good for you for taking a personal day - enjoy it so much!

@NamelessAria I do get randomly ragey in the middle of my cycle and i always wonder if it means I’m about to O, but I never mark it down so that I can go back and look. But maybe you’re right!

• Options
    @beckylookatherbump that's how I feel about being at the RE too.... it's their job and their business to make babies. I think that's why I'm leaning towards following my RE's plan and guidance, because his plan to get me pregnant and for it to be a sticky, so I know he has my best interests in mind. 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo ok, thanks! I may give them a try next cycle. I was using the cheapies when I first started out and didn’t know that I would O later, so I started them way too early and used a ton. May try and use cheapies in tandem too and only do the digital when I get close to suspected O. 

@kpearse99 so glad your appt went well and you have a plan in place now! And you are entitled to feel Blah right now...but I hope your personal day helps some and you start to get excited about this cycle!! Haha, you can totally live through me with the progesterone...I’ll let you know how not fun it is and you will probably be happy you decided against it this cycle. Haha.

@NamelessAria yay for O holding out...hope you can get in one more time today! I can’t say that I get cranky before O...but you may want to ask MH?! 😂

@beckylookatherbump if you have heat on all the time it should be fine...your temp may be affected, but it shouldn’t affect being able to determine O as long as the temp (in the room) is fairly consistent. I just had super poorly timed air/heat change right around potential O! 🤦🏼‍♀️

@bows22 thanks for helping me think maybe I’m not totally crazy in thinking that!! If my temp goes up again tomorrow, I may start them. I think it’s better to start late than early, because apparently starting them early can cause O not to happen if it hasn’t already. I may put my chart in the CS/Q thread tomorrow if I’m still confused! 
  • Options
    Hey folks! Cheers to those with a good OPK line (@gingermama29 and others) , I've yet to get one even when I have the "right" CF but maybe this month since I'm checking more? I also drink a ton of water which may be the problem/also have had last 3 cycles be between 35-45 days so I'm trying not to feel too stressed about it yet...

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: OPK, prenatal, CF tracking, so much HIO this past week that'll continue through the weekend

R/R: I'm still riding the high of passing my licensure exam yesterday but also had a ton of other good things happen as well. My work is very rewarding this week as the project I run launched AND I was with a group of 25 that had a lunch with a very influential person in town who I then connected with who I'm having a 1 on 1 meeting with in November to pitch him supporting a volunteer project I'm passionate about. So lots of good things! 

CS/Q:None
  • Options
    @bows22 yep, that's definitely what the pain has been. I have it today too. FX that your timing is good!

@kmalls oh that sounds fun. I haven't seen that show but I've heard really good things about it. And yes, dark lines. Do you use an app to track them? Premom is great. I also use wondfos and can take a picture of each strip and get the ratio of the test/control line.

@ttcbabyodo enjoy lunch with your friend! That sounds fun!

@beckylookatherbump thanks! Sorry AF is being a b*tch.

@feather_heather sorry you're still dealing with work drama. And that is so heartbreaking about your cousin. I'm so sorry!

@bluetickgal FX for a nice clear temp shift to give you clarity.

@kpearse99 I'm glad you took a personal day today. It definitely sounds like it was much needed. Enjoy your time to yourself! You deserve it!

@NamelessAria thanks! FX for your timing! Yay for O day!

@pocketrose it's so hard when you have long cycles. I got a set of 50 wondfos that I've almost completely used up on this cycle. I had a couple patches of fertile CF so I was testing more times those days. Congrats on passing your exam yesterday! That has to feel amazing!
  • Options
    @pocketrose @gingermama29 on the discussion of confirming cheapie OPKs with digital OPKs: I have found it to be very difficult and expensive to confirm with a CBAD during longer and irregular cycles. I tried for awhile when my cycles were  27-60 days averaging around 37. It was just absurd. The stupid CBAD makes you set a baseline before estrogen and LH rise so the beginning of the cycle. But then you have to use it every however many days or it resets and counts as the next cycle. So I was easily using an entire box per cycle and often still missing O. In my mind if you have longer cycles you can either confirm with a standard yes/no digital when your cheapie is maybe positive or you can just forget it all together. I mean unless you love being frustrated and blowing like $40 a cycle in OPKs. I have had cycles where my OPKs never get darker than the control line and they're right at that "maybe its positive or maybe it is stupidly close?" For those cycles it gave me some peace of mind to just see the smiley on a standard yes/no digital OPK. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @feather_heather - I’m mostly a lurker (though I have into-Ed) but had to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your cousin. How awful 😢 I am sending T&P for her and her family. 
  • Options
    @feather_heather somehow i
    missed the part of your post about your cousin. I am so so sorry for that news!!! That’s terrible and my heart goes out to all of you ♥️♥️
    Our TTC Journey

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, maca

R/R:  sorry to have been mia. I’ve had an errand filled past couple of days. I went and visited a friend who was moving out of state yesterday evening, and we had wine and pizza. It was nice to see her before she moves. And we had some ttc talk because and her husband will start soon. I’ve also been arguing with my print lab all morning over a mistake on a print order, but I think I finally have it fixed. I hate dealing with customer service. 

CS/Q: 

• Options

@gingermama29 I’m so glad you finally got a positive OPK. Fx that you’ll move to tww soon!

@bows22 girl, I’d be waking him up! Haha hope you get more timing in before O! 

@kmalls yes! Dark lines! I’ve hear wonderful things about that show! 

@ttcbabyodo I hope you enjoyed lunch with your friend!

@beckylookatherbump sorry af is being a real B**** this go around. I hope you feel better soon!

@feather_heather oh, I’m so sorry about your cousin. I hope she is able to recover. Sending prayers!

@bluetickgal hope you get clarity soon! This time of year is hard to get an accurate temp with the warm and cold going back and forth!

@kpearse99 I can understand your frustration with that. It’s hard to take advice when you just want to have the best chances sooner than later. I hope you have a good day, and get out of your funk soon. 

@namelessaria GL during FW! 

@pocketrose congrats on passing your test! It sounds like you’ll have a lot to keep you busy for a while! (TMI) but i don’t always notice EWCM, unless I actually check towards my cervix. 

• Options
    @feather_heather: I’m so sorry about your cousin.
    @pocketrose yay for passing your licensure! 
    @photographerwife you just made me want pizza. 
  • Options
    @pocketrose I saw you post about passing your exam in the randoms and then totally forgot to come back & respond! Congratulations!! 🎉 So glad things are going so well right now...hopefully a positive OPK will be added to that list very soon! 

@photographerwife glad you had a good lunch with with your friend before she moves! Dealing with customer service can be super frustrating...glad you got things straightened out!
  • Options
    @photographerwife I know, I know. He just has such a big day tomorrow that I feel bad. I’m about to take another OPK and if it’s dark, 2:30 AM sex might be happening. He apparently has to be at work at 4. Maybe abstaining for 4 days prior will be the thing that ends up working for us?? Haha ugh. Wine and pizza sound amazing, and I’m glad you got some time in with your friend. Did you tell her about temping? I have only mentioned to a few people and I think they think I’m nuts haha. Another reason why I’m so thankful for this community!