February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/14 - 10/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/14 - 10/20

• Ugh I am sorry @therealbitts. :( I hope he feels better soon and you can catch a break! 
  • OMG I forgot how much the baby moving around makes me queasy! Maybe it was because I ate dinner too late last night and was really full but he was going to town (which I love) but it was making me almost sick to my stomach. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • My day just keeps getting better... I went to the AT&T store at lunch to upgrade my phone, and there was a robbery while I was there! Four hooded guys came in, started cutting phones off the dock with pliers and ran out of the place. The employees were screaming at them to stop and the alarms were going off. It was super scary! I hid behind a column until they left! 
  • @therealbitts Oh my gosh! NO!!! Sorry you had to deal with that, so scary!!!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @therealbitts ugh to all the sickness. I hope we can stay healthy this winter but it always comes at the worst times! Hope everyone is healthy again soon! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @therealbitts how scary!! I hope your luck turns around soon!! 
  • @therealbitts OMG That's so scary! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that and glad you're okay!
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    edited October 2019
    @therealbitts omg!! Thank goodness everyone is okay. (Living in Texas, I also thought thank god they weren’t armed) 
  • @therealbitts oh my gosh! What is even the point of that? I’m sure those phones were disabled before the guys made it down the street.
  • @therealbitts, omg so scary! Glad you and everyone else is okay!
  • @therealbitts holy moly! That is crazy! So glad you and everyone else in the store were unharmed. 
  • @therealbitts omg scary!!!!
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @daffodil_shoe my thoughts exactly. A few phones are not worth your life or those around you. Her escalating things made it 10x scarier. 
  • @therealbitts how scary!  I'm so happy you are safe.  When I worked retail one of the big things they tell you is never chase after anyone robbing your store because it's not worth it.  Years ago I was a manager of an athletic store that did a ton of show sales and we had a guy steal a whole stack of Jordans.  I was so mad that I had to explain to customers all day long about why we didn't have the new shoes in stock.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @daffodil_shoe good for you! I am glad you are standing up for this, and letting people know up front what your position is. MH, my kids and myself have all gotten our flu shots, along with my mom who watches my kids and my dad. But I know my sister (who is anti vaxx) and my in-laws are going to be a problem. 

My in laws aren’t anti vaxx, but they always think I overreact about my kids getting sick and being exposed to germs. Sorry, MIL, I don’t want you kissing my baby right after you’ve kissed his cousin with a snotty nose!! They’re very passive aggressive about it (will pout and say they can’t come over sometimes). It really sucks, when all I’m trying to do is keep their grandkids safe and healthy. 

Honestly, I’ll never understand why people get so riled up over it. I would think they’d be proud of a mother who is protective of her baby, and respect that. I hope your family members come around. 
  • @daffodil_shoe - wut. Glad you are sticking to your guns! With DD1 I wouldn't let one friend see her without a flu shot - she said well I take oregano oil so I'm never sick. OKAY - NO. She was btw very sick that year despite drinking a ton of bone broth.

@therealbitts - glad you are ok! Druggies don't really think things through, do they. Luckily no one was armed.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Well, one sister said she understands. The other told me I’m a  stuck up b**** and literally said “f*** you.” Well then....
  • @daffodil_shoe WTF! I'm so sorry. That is seriously so messed up! I really don't understand the who "I don't do flu shots".
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @daffodil_shoe - whoaaa. Your sister sounds a little touchy/defensive about her choices  :# Sorry she is so unsupportive. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @daffodil_shoe wow that is quite the overreaction on your sister's part.  It's sad because one day she may regret not seeing the newest family member over something as simple as a flu shot.  I'm sorry you are going through this but admire your strength.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @daffodil_shoe woah! Ugh that makes me so angry that she appears to be trying to give you a guilt trip over that. She can choose not to get the flu shot if she wants but then you are allowed to choose not to let her see your child! Good for you. I’m sorry she’s being mean about it. 
  • Wow, @daffodil_shoe....I'm sorry they're acting so horribly! 
  • @daffodil_shoe that is truly wild.

I just have to take a moment to have own little BF. DH’s birthday party was canceled because everyone had a stomach bug. MIL asked him to come over tonight “for no more than 20 minutes, and just to open his gifts” because she was going to be busy making a cake for DD1’s birthday party tomorrow. So, when my sister asked to take DD1 out this evening to spend some quality time together I agreed. DH told me this would be a good opportunity for me to get some things done around the house to prepare for DD1’s birthday party and so that’s what I did. On DH’s way out the door FIL called to ask DH why he wasn’t there yet. Which was weird because this wasn’t supposed to even really be anything, and now he’s been gone for about an hour and a half at this point and I just know that MIL must have made him a huge dinner and cake that was meant to be a surprise. So, DD1 and I missed DH’s birthday party and I look like an asshole. 
  • @daffodil_shoe good for you for standing your ground! Your request is totally logical and really not too much to ask (I mean, your newborn's LIFE is on the line when it comes to influenza!) Your sister's reaction is WAY over the top and totally irrational. 
  • @doodleoodle so what actually happened now?
  • @daffodil_shoe The whole family was there, dinner was made, but there was no cake. So, kind of a birthday party? I am super annoyed because MIL has made comments in the past indicating that my life should basically revolve around DH and she is disappointed that it doesn’t. I feel set up.
  • @doodleoodle that would have burned me up. I’m so sorry. I completely get you feeling set up :(
  • @doodleoodle wow that is ridiculous. 
  • @doodleoodle Not cool, MIL. I would totally feel set up too. It would have been nice if she gave you a heads up.