TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL week of 10/14

1. Introduce yourself 
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: TTCAL week of 10/14

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself : incomplete MC and D&C March 2019
    2. Status? officially in the TWW as of this weekend
    3. R/R: I have a gyn appt tomorrow. I don't know that I'm expecting anything special... maybe she'll have some words of encouragement or wisdom? lol
    4.GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing? I have a few go-tos for karaoke- Total Eclipse of the Heart, It's Gonna Be Me, and Say My Name- these three will always end up on the list for me lol

also, do we still want to do the monthly threads (TWW/WTO)? We've been pretty quiet lately...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    . Introduce yourself partial molar 2/18
    2. Status? Two
    3. R/R: I get hormonal migraines, this weekend I had a migraine Saturday and af started. Its a cruel reminder that I'm not pregnant. 
    4.GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing? Anything Britney Spears from her early days. I used to love her as a kid. 

@manillabar Good luck at ob hopefully she can send ya some encouragement. I'm fine either way with keeping or riding of the wto and tww
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself: MC September 2019
    2. Status? TWW
    3. R/R: My face is so broken out right now, and I'm really just waiting to start AF so we can move on to the next cycle. I'm not hopeful this time. I've only had 2 cycles since removing mirena at the end of July. One in August, one in September (MC) so I really have no idea when to expect AF. I would guess by the end of the week. I hadn't had a cycle since 2012 when I first got my mirena inserted. 
    4.GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing? Salt-N-Pepa None of Your Business! *Side-funny* Somehow my best friend convinced the dj at our wedding to hand her a mic and play this song. We sang it together at our reception. We did not have karaoke at our reception. It might have been the tequila singing! 

Any suggestions to get the board to pick up? I'm always interested in visiting, but don't want to flood the board either. 
  • Options
    1. Early loss May 2019 

2. WTO but avoiding for mental health reasons

3. My anxiety went through the roof last cycle. I had spotting starting 5 DPO and I told my husband I needed a break from TTC. He agreed, so I’ve been focusing on my eating habits and getting back into a solid workout routine. I did not realize how much pressure I was putting on myself. It’s been a nice two weeks. 

4.GTKY: Goodbye Earl by Dixie Chicks. Such a fun song! And hard to butcher since I’m a terrible singer. 

@manillabar I’m good either way. Hope your OB appointment goes well and you walk away with wisdom to share with the rest of us 😜

@ble1 Sorry about the migraine and AF. You’re right, it is cruel. Our bodies couldn’t find a worst way to rub the lack of pregnancy in our face. 

@modoodles Salt-n-Pepa has a few good ones for karaoke! 

• Options
    @tyrion_ Good Bye Earl, I haven't heard that song in awhile. Looks like we're both in the wto, I have stopped tracking because it was making me upset and I was overevaulating everything. Hopefully you'll get some peace whether you decide to track again or let it go
  • Options
    I feel like it's been forever since I've been on here but I think of everyone here often. Lots of new ladies on here, I'm hoping none of you stick around much longer 

1. 3 mc in 2017, 1 mc early 2019
    2. WTO
    3. Stayed home from work today because I can barely open my eyes, they are so swollen from crying myself to sleep last night. I'm a hormonal mess right now. I turned 43 last week, which is just a kick in the gut when you're TTC and you know you're already likely past your expiry. We've put an application in for adoption but that seems to take forever and we are going to still TTC while we wait. The info session we were supposed to attend this weekend was cancelled, just another hurdle. We also had an appt for an IVF consultation yesterday. She said I'm still an ok candidate to use my own eggs to start, she said approx 4 follicle on the rights and 6-7 on the left so she said worth a try. (Is that the right terminology, I'm new to this). Just need to process all of this info before we take the plunge. 
    4. Oh man, don't get me started, I love karaoke and I'm the worst singer ever. Don't Stop Believing by Journey, I Want You To Want Me by Cheap Trick, Jambalaya by Hank Williams, anything by Blondie or Janis Joplin.

Even when I'm not active on here, I like to look into the TWW thread and see who got knocked up. It's definitely a bit quieter here lately, I guess that's a good thing but it would be nice to have a bit more chatter happening. 
  • Options
    @40momma We are starting the adoption process too. We're looking at infant-5 years old. Hopefully you're appointment gave you clarity to help your decision, its a big one. Sending lots of hugs and tissues your way
  • Options
    @40momma I’m so sorry for everything you’ve gone through. I’m sending you big hugs. I hope you have a good, impromptu day off. Those mental health days off are so very much needed sometimes. 

@ble1 oh, man, the overevaluating. I’d open my chart multiple times a day as if it was going to tell me something different than the previous 5 times before. 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself- miscarriage 2014, 2019, and CP August 2019. 
    2. Status? WFAL- BFN yesterday 
    3. R/R: I was hesitant about posting because I knew the IUI had worked! But I guess I needed to be reminded I am not a magical unicorn. 😭 I think this is the year everyone decided to get pregnant. I have seen so many baby announcements. I am shutting down my social media. I can’t deal with it. 
    My DD is coming up in November and I just knew I would be pregnant right now! My heart just breaks. I also had the conversation with my husband last night about looking into fostering to adopted...
    GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing? Probably something from spice girls...I will come back for tags later...

• Options
    Hey, hey, hey! I guess I'm cross-posting here as well as in the TTCAL thread on TTGP. I like to connect with like-minded individuals, especially now that I am post-MC.

1. Introduce yourself: Hello! I have been active on TB since May 2019. This is my first MC. At first the OB suspected a molar pregnancy because my HCG level was above 100,000 at 10 weeks (gestational size measured at only 7+4), but that was nixed after my second ultrasound. He simply labeled it as "missed abortion," and prescribed meds to induce MC on Oct. 12th.

2. Status? Benched until after my next AF, then will resume TTC again.

3. R/R: I'm ready for the hormonal moodiness to level out. I shift from weepy & depressed to okay throughout the day, which makes it difficult to get anything done. MH has been extremely supportive, though, and left me a sweet note this morning before he left for work.

4.GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing?: Pretty much anything by Fleetwood Mac.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    edited October 2019
    @manillabar how did your doctor’s appointment go yesterday?

@ble1 sorry for the migraine and that this wasn’t your month!

@40momma I had just thought about you the other day! I am so sorry for the bad day! I am glad though you and your DH have made plans and are moving forward.

t@tyrion_ I am glad this break from ttc has brought you some peace! I am wondering if I need to do the same. 

@ttcbabyodo Sorry you find yourself here. I hope your stay is short and you find the support you need. 

@modoodles I know how you are feeling!!! I am just wanting AF to come so I can move on as well...

Edited to add tags
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls foster to adopt is the program we're doing. If you decide to look into it I would enjoy talking about it. 
  • Options
    manillabarmanillabar member
    edited October 2019
    Thanks @ble1 and @tyrion_ she didn’t have anything eye-opening to say lol but she was encouraging. And we made plans for me to follow up if I’m not KU by Feb
     @ble1 I get those migraines, too. They are the worst! So sorry for AF and migraines

@modoodles go ahead and flood the board! Also, I hope you have that performance on your wedding tape/dvd Lolol sounds awesome

@tyrion_ glad you’re getting some much needed peace of mind from the break ❤️

@40momma happy belated birthday! Lots of hugs. Sounds like a lot to deal with all at once. I forgot about don’t stop believing! Another karaoke classic!

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls i am just so, so sorry. I was really hoping this would be your cycle. Solidarity here with the upcoming DD. Mine’s this Sunday. Sending virtual hugs your way. Be extra gentle to yourself during this time ❤️

edited for formatting
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I’m so sorry. I was rooting for you so hard. Sending you big hugs and love. We are here to help you through your DD whenever you need us. 

@ttcbabyodo This board is a lot quieter but much easier to keep up with. It’s a nice break from some of the overwhelming participation in TTGP. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @manillabar be kind to yourself Sunday! Eat whatever you want! Lots of love and hugs! 

@tyrion_ that is why I had to quit posting there. I just felt like I couldn’t keep up once school started back! 

Edited to add tag.
  • Options
    Joining over here as well @ttcbabyodo

1. Introduce yourself: CP 2/19, MC 5/19, MC 8/19
    2. Status? WTO
    3. R/R:  :s why did I bring myself to look back at the BMB I had joined back in April?? I've just brought up all sorts of fresh pain all over again.
    4.GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing?  First and only karaoke song I sang was at our wedding! The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson  <3 
  • Options
    @mama_mea Welcome!!! I am so sorry you are here and all the losses you have had.😔 I hope your stay is short and you find strong support from this community!!!
  • Options
    @mama_mea - I made the mistake of going over to my BMB earlier this week. I was not okay afterward. I had to remove it from my bookmarks and favorites on my web browser. That's not good for my mental health.

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo good call. While it's great to lift up those around us who are pregnant, we also need to look after our hearts. 

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls thanks! I've got hypothyroidism as well, glad to have found someone in the same boat! Doctors are thinking that's been the main source of my MCs. FX balancing our TSH levels is all it takes!
  • Options
    @mama_mea I am pretty sure that is what has cause mine. Especially my cp in August. My RE increased my meds and my levels have been in the appropriate range! Here is hoping to be KU soon!!!
  • Options
    My OB put in labs to measure my TSH levels last week, so I'm just waiting on my results. I think I'm in the opposite side of the spectrum in that I may have hyperthyroidism. I've always had a really fast metabolism, and three years ago I was having really bad anxiety and panic attacks, so my doctor measured my thyroid levels and gave me a preliminary diagnosis of Pre-Graves disease. I'm curious to see how my most recent TSH results compare to what they were back then.

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself 
    Hey! Mom of a little boy who will be 2 in November. I lost babies who were due in August 2017, February 2020, and April 2020. Struggling with IF for 11 months now and seeing an RE

2. Status? TWW - beta tomorrow but BFN at home 

3. R/R: This ish is getting really, really hard. I’m lucky to have so many supportive friends who check in me daily / weekly, but that’s also not getting me a baby so I’m pretty down.  

4.GTKY: It's karaoke time! What song are you definitely singing?

Fighter by Christina Aguilera, Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar, or Watch Me Shine... all motivational and same theme
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2019
    Hey, @manillabar! I was sad to see you here while lurking this week. 
    @ttcbabyodo Hope they can get your thyroid levels in order fast!
    @mama_mea Looking back at where you “should” be is so tough. I’ve had to make a promise to myself to not look back at any of the BMBs I’ve joined and if I get KU again, I won’t join one until I have 3 good betas because it’s like it adds to the loss if you’ve bonded with people. 
    @mamaof2beautifulgirls I’m sorry the IUI didn’t work and AF headed your way. I’m in the same boat.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I am so sorry about the BFN. This journey is so hard and frankly sucks. Big hugs for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Well I'm back at CD2 over here, as I had expected I would be. As much as I wish it were different, I prefer CD1 over the TWW. That feeling of being in limbo is awful and my anxiety is not good then. I'm going to cross my fingers for all of us to be out of this TTC stage very soon. 
  • Options
    @modoodles I could not agree with you more! I'm trying to figure out what to do to help time feel like it's going faster when my next TWW hits in a few days. Time to invest myself in a new TV series or something!
  • Options
    @mama_mea Why do we do this to ourselves? I’ve tried to look back a handful of times but it hurts just the same every time. Hugs to you! 

@NYTino24 I’m sorry about the bfn 😞
  • Options
    Hey @NYTino24 so sorry you find yourself here and even more sorry for the BFN <3 Hoping we both find our way out of here very soon!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    Back at ya @manillabar. Hoping cycle 11 is a success.