Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Light Spotting/ Pregnancy after miscarriage

Hi Everyone,
I am pregnant again and due in June. I had a miscarriage in February and around the same time in that pregnancy (Week 4-5) I had light spotting/bleeding. It wasn't heavy it was only when I wiped but now I am so scared because that is happening to me again for this pregnancy. I have one daughter who is almost 3 and it did not happen with that pregnancy. At this stage, the doctors can't do a whole lot for me until I am around 7-8 weeks to see if there is a heartbeat so I am playing the waiting game....Any words of advice or has anyone gone through anything similar? Thanks in advance.

Re: Light Spotting/ Pregnancy after miscarriage

• Options
    marionfallon Unfortunately, all 5 of my PG ended in MC and I had spotting with 4 out of the 5.  If you are concerned you can ask for hcg beta tests.  To be effective they need to issue them every 48 hours and you want to see them double.  This will let you know if the PG is viable at this point despite the spotting or not, which can ease your mind either way without making you wait til your first ultrasound to find out viability.  Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks @dpchickens, I am so sorry for your losses. I really appreciate your response and guidance. I am waiting to hear back from my doc as we speak. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TW for LC

I bled for 3/4 pregnancies, and the heaviest bleeding came with my first viable earth side baby. It definitely isn’t a sure fire sign of MC. Try to stay calm and follow what your doctors say. 

Wishing the best for you. 
  • Options
    Thanks for your support I went to the doctor today and found out the baby is gone. 2nd in a row is tough 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. I'm sorry it didn't have a better outcome. It is difficult to have recurrent losses. It totally sucks!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I had my 2nd miscarriage 2 weeks ago. I also had some spotting. No advice to give. Just wanted you to know you are not alone. Sending prayers your way. Hoping we both have rainbow babies soon.