Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 10/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 10/17

• wildflower_wildflower_ member
    edited October 2019
    Month/Cycle: 13/5

CD/DPO: 63/11

Timing: -1, +1

Typical LP length: unknown

Testing: everyday from 7 DPO, all BFN

R/R:

CS/Q: Well ladies I have a question about temps and what is considered FMU.
    Today is 11 DPO and I can’t tell if this is a rogue temp or if my temps are dropping for AF to come. Last night the temp outside dropped to 39°F, which made our temp inside drop to 65°F AND we sleep with a fan on. I was very cold when I woke up. Could this have effected my BBT to drop so much? I’m hoping it will stay up tomorrow.
    Next question - does testing at midnight count as FMU? I don’t make it through the night because I have to wake up to pee between 12-2 (even if I go right before bed at 8). That’s the urine I’ve been using to test. I didn’t think about it until this morning, but should I wait until I wake up for the day at 6:30 and use that as my FMU? 

Edited to include todays dip temp. 

• @wildeflower I would consider fmu as the pee after midnight, like when you have been sleeping for a few hours. I’m not sure if you are getting up after midnight to go pee, but fmu is urine collected for a few hours as you sleep. At least that is what I think. I feel like the temperature in your home would affect your temp some, but not drastically. You may feel cold but your body does not reflect how cold you actually feel, I believe. Don’t quote me. Was your weather the same on Sunday as well? We sleep with a bed warmer sheet and my temps are not elevated from it, at least I don’t think. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 22/8

Timing: -3, -2, -1, 0, +1 

Typical LP length: not sure

Testing: I had an upsetting dip this morning. My obsession is starting to come out, but I’m hiding it from my husband. I’m crossing everything that this is an implementation dip and not the start of aunt flow making her way to town. I did read this morning, since I could not go back to sleep, that you can start testing two day’s after your implementation dip. That’s when most people started to see bfp after their dip. But I’m very discouraged from seeing that. I’m trying not to over think it. It’s almost has bad, to me, as seeing a bfn. I don’t know if I’m going to test tomorrow or not. I guess I will see what my temp says and enjoy my moonshine today to help with seeing that dip.  

R/R: I get to work from home today which is great. There is something wrong with a couple of my accounts so I need to send that information off to get it corrected. And it almost the weekend! 

CS/Q: Here is the dip 😔

Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @blackgirlmagic - It's a sharp dip, which the other was more gradual, but it could def be AF coming. As with everything time will tell, I am just too impatient. I go to bed at 8, so I should pee at midnight, then use whatever after that as my FMU? 

So so sorry you're struggling. I think we all get a bit obsessed and manic during the TWW. If seeing a BFN would be more difficult than not knowing, I'd definitely hold out as long as possible. Glad you are able to work from the comfort of your home today! Def enjoy that shine!
  • @blackgirlmagic is this your first month charting? Will be interesting to see what your temp does tomorrow. I know it’s tough to keep the crazies away, but I’ve always been told you can’t just focus on that one days temperature but your chart as a whole. Fx it goes up!

@wildeflower I would say your after midnight pee would count as FMU but don’t quote me on that. How many hours have you been sleeping prior to getting up?

Hi! Moving over here from WTO. I don’t have my crosshairs yet, but I’m pretty confident I Od

Month/Cycle: 7/9

CD/DPO: 15/2

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 9 to 10 days. I normally start spotting at 9dpo

Testing: maybe next Friday if spotting stays away

R/R: none really right now! This is my first week participating in the TWW thread, so just really saying Hi 👋 

CS/Q:

• wildflower_wildflower_ member
    edited October 2019
    @blackgirlmagic - if my room temp has little effect on my BBT then it looked like we both may be experienceing similar things.

Here is what I found that is giving me a bit of hope: This is from a look at over 100,000 charts from Fertility friend. 
    On non-pregnancy charts that detected ovulation, 11 percent had an implantation dip.
    On the other hand, 23 percent of pregnancy-positive charts had an implantation dip. Looking at their statistics, twice as many of the pregnancy charts showed an implantation dip.

@coffeeandcookies84 - I go to sleep a little after 8 and wake up anywhere from 12-2 to pee, then I'm up again at 6:20.  I suppose it also makes more sense to use the 6 am as FMU as that would also give any potential hormone more time to increase. Also welcome! I don't know much about FF or crosshairs, but I'm assuming that it's confirmation of ovulation? This is also my first week participating, I've been lurking off and on for a while. 

• @coffeeandcookies84 this is technically not my first chart, but it is my first chart since trying for this future baby. In a pervious cycle I’ve had a dip before and then my period came like three days later. This all just a mind f. I told myself I will allow all
    the crazy to come out this cycle, but then I need to get it together for the next one. 

• Will be back for tags! Waiting in a long line at Starbucks in the middle of running errands!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/7

Timing: -3. -1

Typical LP length: 10ish

Testing: probably tomorrow lol

R/R: today is chilly but beautiful! I’m getting a recall fixed on my car so I have a nicer one as a loaner and it makes me want it!! They definitely give you the more expensive models for a reason  :D

CS/Q: temp went up but I’m taking my temps with a grain of salt because I haven’t been temping at the right times and I got up today before I temped. 

• *lurking*
    @blackgirlmagic not to condone drinking (especially during pregnancy) but I'm firmly in the Drink Til It's Pink camp and studies show that mothers and babies don't share a blood supply until about week 4, so unless you're going on a real bender this weekend, I would think a few drinks won't hurt anyone. 
    @wildeflower sorry if I missed it in any of your earlier posts but do you temp orally right now? If you're concerned about room temperature affecting your BBT I highly recommend vaginal temping, especially if you're a mouth breather. I also have PCOS and I sleep with my mouth open so I found my temps were much more consistent when I switched to vaginal temping. As for FMU, HCG levels will concentrate overnight so I'd choose the later of the two wake-ups (so 6am in your case). 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I’m a drink till it’s pink as well and thanks for confirming that our blood doesn’t mix with baby till much later! 

• @kiki047 - yes oral temping, not a mouth breather though (unless sick/stuffy). I’ll have to give vaginal temping a try next cycle! Thanks for the suggestion. 
  • @wildeflower I think if the temp in the house dropped significantly then it could possibly affect your internal temp but probably not by a lot. I would also use the 6 am pee as your testing pee. 

@blackgirlmagic I’m sorry you’re starting to feel discouraged. FWIW it definitely could still be an implantation dip. I would See what your temp does tomorrow before you teat. If it goes up that’s a good sign! I would feel sad about a temp drop too, it’s still early though! Most common time for implantation is 9 dpo! 

@coffeeandcookies84 welcome! It does look like you probably O’d! And you have good timing :)