Group 4 (May 25th-31st) Check in - 10/14

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat?

Re: Group 4 (May 25th-31st) Check in - 10/14

• Options
    edited October 2019
    EDD: May 25
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out
    Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry
    Upcoming appointments: First appt is tomorrow morning (10/15)
    How are you feeling? Tired, nauseated, angry at my boobs (y'all don't need to get bigger, hot damn!)
    Raves/Rants: Fall break is over and my beloved crotchfruit are back at school! Freedom!!!
    Questions: Anyone else drowning in cervical mucus? It's like Sticky Swamp Ass City over here.
    GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Mama's dressing/stuffing. Keto be damned, I'll eat a whole casserole dish of that stuff.
  • Options
    stella_700stella_700 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: 5/28/2019
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out
    Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry
    Upcoming appointments: 10/28
    How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. I got a good boost of energy this weekend and made a couple of freezer meals.
    Raves/Rants: Rave: Appt this morning went well. Baby had grown appropriately and was at 139 bpm, right on track. Feeling pretty relieved. The doctor told me I could come off of pelvic rest! : )
    Rant: I've got constant lower back pain, I think its because of my tilted uterus. I always have back pain rather than cramps when I menstruate so this constant pain has had me on high alert since if feels exactly like my period is going to start.
    Questions: STM here and I gotta say so far this has gone way different than my first go-around. Who else is dealing with completely different symptoms this time?
    GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? I love stuffing for eating. I like to make spinach-artichoke dip as an appetizer for the holidays. I like to snack while I'm cooking in the kitchen.. I'm working to establish our own little families traditions for the holidays. I'll be working with glitter and stockings soon, to get the twins to help create their own stockings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: 5/28

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Dice

Upcoming appointments: in a week and a day 10/22 - intake appointment and dating US

How are you feeling? For the most part okay, I'm having difficulties in finding things I want to eat and things that I want to eat once I'm finished cooking or having it made for me. I think yesterday I ate just chips and queso and had to eat it in small portions all day long because I just couldn't eat more than a couple scoops. I have so much delicious winter squashes to eat that a friend gave me from his garden, but I just can't eat it. 

Raves/Rants: DD slept from 8 pm  - 5 am last night without nursing at 1:30 and 4 like she normally does. I nursed her at 5 am and she slept until 630. I got so much sleep last night I woke up with my back hurting. I was also awake from about 1:30-2:30 expecting her to wake up and nurse and thinking about maybe she is sick and what I could come up with for sub plans if I needed to take the day off. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? To eat: My aunt makes amazing twice baked bacon and cheese potatoes I miss having holiday meals with my family. I'm stuck having Thanksgiving and Christmas was MH, BIL and MIL and they eat dumb not holiday food like canned corn and keilbasa. 

To Make: I really like making fresh rolls for thanksgiving, or pie. I used to can apple pie filling from apple trees on the property we rented and making pie with them. It was delicious. For MHs Thanksgiving I don't make anything because they are the pickiest people you will ever meet. When I complained of not having veggies, MIL made a steam and serve packet of broccoli and cauliflower.  :( 
  • Options
    @stella_700 I'm having back pain lately too, I figured it was from getting adequate sleep or too much sleep and my body is just not used to it. I did try and position pillows to help with the back pain and it didn't help. 

@thepretzelchick I feel like my boobs have deflated since getting pregnant, but I'm also slowly weaning DD from bfing so that is more likely the cause. I'm excited to get my boobs back though because if they're big I can wear soft structured nursing bras and not look like a 5 year old wearing a training bra  :D
  • Options
    @jhysmath I've done the pillow shuffle also without any luck. I think it just might be something to deal with until the uterus grows out of my pelvis.

Steam and serve packets are not veggie dishes. That's ridiculous, but I know my sister is in a similar place, she's trying to introduce normal Christmas meals to her in-laws. I'm trying a new broccoli cheese casserole this holiday season.  As I'm in Texas sometimes its fun to do an all Tex-mex theme to change it up. Homemade tamales for the holidays is a special treat here. Now I want Cheese-green chile tamales.

@thepretzelchick Yeah the boob increase isn't a welcome surprise this time. Last time they stayed fairly normal until the milk came in, this time I'm already wearing my nursing bras and will need an expansion and possibly a couple of new bigger bras. I will say that the nursing bras are way more comfortable on my sore breasts than my normal wired ones. I've also got a lot of watery CM. I keep pantyliners in my purse all the time right now.
  • Options
    @stella_700 Mexican would always win if I had a choice! One of my students moms made me tamales for Christmas one year, so sad she only had 3 kids and the last graduated last year she'd bring amazing Mexican. Our closest Mexican restaurant is 1.5 hours away and is just not good or authentic. 
  • Options
    EDD: May 27th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    blueberry

Upcoming appointments:
    Need to reschedule 

How are you feeling? 
    So tired, vomiting has gotten worse lately, and anxious 

Raves/Rants: 
    Today got a follow-up phone call on blood work that I’m a carrier for Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Next step is to get husband tested-if he’s a carrier baby will have 25% chance of getting it. Hopefully he’s not, but gonna be painful waiting for them to schedule his bloodwork and then waiting for results. I’ve been so worried about baby just making it through 1st trimester, now feel like there’s a whole new set of worries and concerns. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? 
    I don’t really have a best holiday dish, but my family just loves my chocolate chip cookies so I’ll make dozens and dozens and take them to all the holiday get togethers. 
    Favorite to eat? Oh where to start?! Love my grandma’s homemade fudge, turkey and stuffing with allllll the gravy, tamales with my husband’s family, and I’m sure I’m missing many! 
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I’m kind of new here, I had my daughter in 2013 and this community was my go to for questions!  Currently 8w2d (according to dates, no scan scheduled yet) 

EDD: 27 May 20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 28 Oct 

How are you feeling? I’m nauseous in the morning and my boobs just stopped hurting today.  DH is sad that he isn’t allowed to touch them currently. 

Raves/Rants: Rave: DH and I have been trying for 10 months(not a long time but long enough for us) 
    Rant: why do I have to go to work? Why can’t I sleep all day!! 

Questions: Are any of you having brown discharge? I’ve been having it for a day and a half.  Only when I wipe.  

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? I love making shortbread cookies! 

• Options
    EDD: 5/29

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:
     finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry/jelly bean

Upcoming appointments: Nov 1st for bloodwork and hopefully hearing baby on the Doppler.

How are you feeling? All day sickness plus bronchitis. Coughing causes gagging so overall- glad to have proof of pregnancy besides the pee stick!

Raves/Rants: Bronchitis? Seriously?!?!

Questions: when do we get to start a name thread???

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Don’t talk to me about food unless it’s banana bread. Is that a holiday dish?
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    @Amyface813 I don't think it technically is a holiday dish, but my family does have it as an appetizer/snack duringajor holidays 
  • Options

Oh @Amyface813 bronchitis and morning sickness sounds miserable. I hope that you are on the downhill slide of that.

@Skylight21 This pregnancy so far has had really different symptoms compared to my first. With the twins I didn't have an breast pain or growth until the very end. This time is very different. :s They don't need to be any bigger!
  • Options
    EDD: 5/28

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweetart

Upcoming appointments: Had one 10/10, next is 10/24

How are you feeling? OK in general besides the exhaustion. @Skylight21 Have been having that gross thick brown discharge (pretty minor) and @stella_700 I agree that for the longest time i thought i was also getting my period because its the same feeling.

Questions: Any STMs do any traveling at 24 weeks? We are planning on taking a trip to the other side of the country then and my one friend said i was crazy to go that late even though everything that i read said that should be fine as long as i feel up to it.

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? To make is homemade rolls, there is just something about the smell of fresh bread!! To eat, probably my husbands stuffing. The man only has one dish but darn is it good!
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Options
    @cmhme We've got the same due date! I think I am going to travel this pregnancy, mostly driving though. Flying with the twins while 24 weeks along doesn't sound very fun. I didn't for my twin pregnancy, was just flat out to scared to travel far from my doctors. This time I'm feeling more confident and its a single pregnancy. If you are having a low risk pregnancy and are feeling well I don't see why you couldn't travel.
  • Options
    @cmhme I moved cross-country at 18 weeks with my first. If you're feeling up to it, you're not high-risk, and you take extra precautions (like making sure you get and walk around regularly), you should be fine.
  • Options
    @cmhme We drive to visit MHs family around 28 weeks. It's a 10 hour drive with out a baby, turns into more like 12 hours with DD. DD was also due at the end of May and we went then and will do it again as well. I just make sure I wear compression socks because my legs got swollen on the drive out last time. 
  • Options
    @thepretzelchick yes! It is officially a holiday staple now.

@stella_700 thanks! I’m feeling better today. Still coughing but not nearly to the extent I was.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    @cmhme I think it’s safe to travel up to 7-8 months as long as everything is going fine (maybe with your doc’s approval later?). I flew at about the same- 24 weeks with my first. How long is your flight?
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19