January 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in w/o 10/16

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve worn? 

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 10/16

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 25w3d (THAT'S IT?!?!?!)

2. Previous loss(es)? 1/2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Emotionally, I'm doing a lot better now that he's moving. I'm still worried, and I think I always will be. But, I'm ok. I'm a bit of a hormonal mess, tho...and telling me it's hormones just sends me into a tailspin of crying my eyes out and throwing (soft) things at you. Physically...maybe it's because I'm older, but this pregnancy is reaching the ARE WE THERE YET stage WAY too early. Or maybe, it's just because this summer is taking its time to die, and the pregnancy makes me even hotter. Whatever the case, I'm tired, cranky, hungry, nauseated, and completely content to stay this way 14 more weeks (less, really)

4. Any appointment updates? I have my regular OB on 10/22, then I move to bi-weekly appts with growth scans. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? The company I work for enrolled me in 401k even after I declined enrollment. I just caught it. I didn't want to enroll until I knew what was going on with the contract. Today, I went in there with the intention of chaging my contribution to 0 until the baby comes, but realized I almost have enough to take out a loan against it. So, I'm leaving it at 4% until I have enough in there to take out a loan, which I'll use for baby stuff and Christmas. Then, I'll drop it to 0% and pay off the loan over 6 months. I'm pretty sure our contract will be extended, and I'll be able to pay it off. The government gets almost nothing accomplished around the holidays. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Every day my little monster gets bigger and stronger and more likely to survive outside his comfy warm housing. For me, the next big milestone is 28w, when viability is 90%, and then 30w is the home stretch. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve worn? Hippie!!! It's not the costume, it's what I did in it that makes it my fave...I worked for a major airline in the early 2000s. Halloween was such a big deal, that corporate shut down and you were encouraged to bring family and kids and they had safe trick or treating. The Dept I worked in did its own shipping, so we had a HUGE warehouse area. We turned it into a haunted house. I have what my cousin's husband calls a Classic B Movie Scream, and I was drafted to be a "Victim". Throughout the day, I would come running out of the building, SCREAMING my head off, begging the people in line to save me as a guy chased me, and another drove up in a golf cart. They "caught" me, threw me in the back, and drove off with me kicking and screaming. I ended up breaking my toe on my Burkenstock, but I loved every second of it. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 25 + 3 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 12/18 and 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally it's been kind of rough. Loss awareness month has played a role. I'm part of a Vasa previa awareness/support group and lots of moms are talking about their losses which just makes my feelings of limbo worse. I probably need to hide those posts for a while as it is too triggering. It's two weeks until my next ultrasound and very much hoping for clarity and if not clarity then treating it as VP so I have a bit of peace of mind. DH didn't realize I was so anxious and implied I was being a hypochondriac. I was pretty upset and told him how every time I go to the bathroom I worry there is blood and how I will get to the hospital immediately. I think with my previous losses this has made me feel like loss is a real possibility. DH was very apologetic. Just have to keep going one day at a time. Luckily I recovered fairly quickly from my cold so physically I feel better.

4. Any appointment updates? Last appointment was uneventful but I know my OB is in my court. Ultrasound in 2 weeks 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? See above.

6. Any milestones coming up? Every day is a blessing

7. GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve worn? We did a lab costume of scientist inside Out one year. Our lab was at the children's hospital so we went over and gave out candy to kids in the hospital. So fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @biolprof, sending you lots of love.  I know that it's hard when H's don't really understand what it feels like to be so scared.

1. How many weeks are you? 26w 6d

2. Previous loss(es)? 6/2013

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I am just so tired.  H just left for two weeks for work.  He is going to try and shove trips in closer than normal now to have less on his plate come February.   Which I agree with in theory.  But in practice I am just so tired, and being alone with all 3 girls for 2 weeks is tough.  

4. Any appointment updates? I had an ultrasound yesterday, and will have my midwife appt today.  I was supposed to have both yesterday morning, but I got it in my head that today was the 15th and missed it.  Luckily they could get me in, even if this is a way more annoying way to do it. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?   The ultrasound yesterday looked good.   Baby curled up a ball and wouldn't let her take a pic of his face for me.  But in that position you could definitely see that he was is a boy, which I have been having a hard time really believing, so that was helpful.  Now I feel convinced 😊

He was head up, which I know in my head is fine at this stage, but it started my thinking about position.  I think I might start doing an inversion every day (from Spinning Babies) to give him the best shot of being well positioned.  My first daughter was born head down, but she was turned sideways.  In retrospect I know when it happened, but I didn't pay much attention to it when it did, and the labor was incredibly long and difficult.  From then on I tried to pay attention and do the inversions with my other two daughters.  I know they are likely to get in position on their own, but I don't want to feel like I didn't do whatever I could to help.  

6. Any milestones coming up?  30 weeks to me seems like a good step, so I am counting down to that point.  

7. GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve worn? I don't love dressing up, but I do enjoy that we do it together as a family.   When my oldest was little, we did Little Red Riding Hood, and I was Granny, which was fun 😊
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @biolprof, Boys can be stupid, no? I'm sorry you're going through that. They dismiss so much of what's going through our brains.Try my approach to explaining it to him. Hormones don't create the fear or the emotions, but they make them stronger. It helped my SO to understand a little, that while to him the reaction seemed extreme, the emotions associated with it are very real and very strong and dismissing them was basically telling me my emotions and fears don't matter. When, that's not what he meant to do at ALL. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush DH is more sensitive generally than he sounds and felt really bad that he made me feel bad. But I definitely had to explain how I'm constantly reminded of stuff since I'm experiencing it all the time and how that can be wearing. It was a good conversation. Luckily he didn't call me hormonal otherwise I might have flown off the handle.... ironically acting hormonal! He's just so excited I think it's hard to understand why I'm so scared.
  • Options
    @biolprof, I understand completely. 
  • Options
    Hi all, sorry I’m super late to post here....
    @FyreFlyeRush good luck at your appointment tomorrow!
    @biolprof I’m sorry it’s been rough with the worries about VP. Sounds like YH sympathized with your concerns once you explained them, at least. 
    @MollySm Mine is breech right now, too. I need to look up the Spinning Babies recommendations. 
    1. How many weeks are you? 27w5d

2. Previous loss(es)? DD’s twin 2/17

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I am getting more anxious about whether I will be able to do a VBAC. My blood pressure might be the deciding factor, and they did recommend I start taking baby aspirin to help there. Physically I feel pretty good! I’m just trying to maintain my activity level and gym trips as much as I can even with 2nd trimester winding down. 

4. Any appointment updates? Anatomy scan and glucose 1 hr screen was today. Scan was great and hoping I pass the screen. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Does anyone else already know they’re having to do the 3 hr glucose test? I had to last time and dread it. 

6. Any milestones coming up? 3rd trimester this week!

7. GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve worn? While in law school, I put on bunny ears, a Catholic schoolgirl uniform, angel wings, and a devil tail. My costume: Every other girl on campus. 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 yay the 3rd tri is coming so quick. Good luck on all your tests!
  • Options
    @EmilyE13, I'm pretty sure I'll have to do the 3hr. I had to with DS1. I hated that crash between draw 2 and 3. I was miserable all day. 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 - I had to do the 3 hr with my first, but not with my other two kids.  My 1 hr is next week so we will see.  The 3 hr drink and the crash afterwards were horrible.  And the Spinningbabies inversion thing is super quick and easy, which I like.  I have no idea if it is working or not, but I feel better doing it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16