Baby Names

Girl- Quinn

hubby and I are leaning towards Quinn for our little lady. Just worried that it’s getting too popular and she’ll be one of many in her class each year. 

Do do you know lots of Quinn’s? 

Re: Girl- Quinn

• hubby and I are leaning towards Quinn for our little lady. Just worried that it’s getting too popular and she’ll be one of many in her class each year. 

Do do you know lots of Quinn’s? 
    Sorry, but please find something else, it's so over done! 

Ivy
    Violet
    Aria
    Audrey
    Iris
    Milan
    Lilly
    Luna
    Gertrude (Gert, Trudy)
    Eleanor 
    Lydia
    Mauve 
  • I prefer it for a boy.
    I don’t think it is so popular that she’d be one of many, maybe one other in a class. But it feels trendy as a girl name
  • Loading the player...
  • I know 2 Quinn’s, both under 4 years old. It also strikes me as a boy’s name and very trendy.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited October 2019
    If you’re in the US you can look at the top 100 names by state via the social security website to see how popular it is in your state. I wouldn’t side eye the name Quinn, but it’s also not my style.
  • I love the name Quinn for a girl. I know of one who is 3, in my daughters daycare.

I find it much less popular than Ava. Sophia, Emma, Ellie, and Amelia at least in my area. 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I actually like Quinn for either a boy or a girl. I do not know any Quinns personally, and there has never been a Quinn in either of my kids' classes. I'm in CA, and I agree it would be helpful to look at the SS website. 
  • Meh it sounds trendy to me, but not awful. I do know one Quinn who is 5ish. 
  • The only Quinn I know is a 32 yo woman.  I like it. 
  • I don't know any Quinn's. I think it's slightly feminine bordering on gender neutral. 
    Also, makes me think of Dr. Quinn medicine woman, for whatever that's worth. 
  • It’s a modern day Ashley. Hard pass 

• There are 2 little boys named Quinn in my son's preschool class.