June 2020 Moms
Options

Wellness Wednesday 10/16

A thread for anyone working on wellness/healthy habits during pregnancy!

What healthy habit/s are you working on or hoping to maintain during this pregnancy?

How's everything going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?
~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: Wellness Wednesday 10/16

• Options
    What healthy habit/s are you working on or hoping to maintain during this pregnancy?
    Maintain exercise/fitness, not gain too much, balanced (but intuitive) eating

How's everything going?
    Pretty well. I feel like I have a little more energy this week. I've still been maintaining my workout regime (lifting & spin), but true morning sickness hasn't kicked in yet, so...we'll see. I'm definitely bloated, and looking at the scale makes me feel bleh. I'm taking advantage of the "pre-morning sickness" phase to focus on whole foods.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?
    Honestly just sticking to my workout regime is a pretty big win for me right now. 
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    I'm a runner, walker, and minor biker, but I've learned a develop major SPD in pregnancy. Continuing those types of work outs is impossible. And excessive carbs are how I manage my early nausea. Leading to gaining 50 lbs with previous pregnancy.

Goals are to try a slightly higher protein and water intake in first trimester, and doing more yoga and minor weight training (also have to be careful as I ended up with DR last time too!).

I really want to avoid so much weight gain, as it makes the SPD worse, so I'm going to work on posture and mindfulness with my yoga to try to keep at least somewhat toned. But as I'm nursing two kids, I am super hungry and prone to being light headed. So a careful balancing act is my goal. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey Anna here!

I am hoping to stick to all my supplements - that is something going well so far. I have hashimotos so I have to be extra diligent I am getting enough nutrients and resting. 

My goal is to stay mentally strong and to get 8 hours of sleep. Anyone else having sleep problems? Mine were preexisting so I'll take any tips. 

• Options
    Hey Anna here!

I am hoping to stick to all my supplements - that is something going well so far. I have hashimotos so I have to be extra diligent I am getting enough nutrients and resting. 

My goal is to stay mentally strong and to get 8 hours of sleep. Anyone else having sleep problems? Mine were preexisting so I'll take any tips. 

I think I've had more than 6 broken hours of sleep in a night less than 30 times in the past 4 years.Soon-to-be mom-of-three with bad sleepers, and terrible pregnant bladder.

I got nothing. 

Also, it would be much easier to get to know you if you update your screen name!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Knottie08803279 I don’t have hashimotos but I just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 4 months ago now. I try to get a lot of sleep at night too otherwise I don’t function too well during the day. I don’t have any sleeping problems but I haven’t been sleeping well lately due to anxiety that I get. I’m hoping this will pass soon.