June 2020 Moms

We Have to Cancel our Cruise?!?

We have a cruise planned for February 21-28, 2020 and it turns out I’ll be 26 weeks and the cruise ship won’t allow anyone past 24 weeks. Its a special vegan cruise that only happens once a year- so I can’t just go on a different one. I’m devastated!! Isn’t there any way around the rule? I guess I can’t ask my doctor to lie for me. 😢 I’m seriously more upset than I should be about this. We never go anywhere alone and this was going to be amazing! 

Re: We Have to Cancel our Cruise?!?

• Oh no! From what I hear, cruise lines are very strict about that. I’m not sure how to get around it. I have a cruise in January and just barely meet the cut off. I panicked a bit when I found out I was pregnant too. I hope you can find a way to work it out. That sucks 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dont think you'll get around this, cruiselines require a doctors note stating your gestation.  I have a cruise the first week of June. No chance I'm going on it pregnant or with a newborn.  
    Maybe they can use the funds for a future voyage. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It’s probably for the best, cruise lines are notorious for norovirus and other things.. I feel your pain though I have to cancel a European vacation that I already prepaid for (and will get nothing back for cancellation) because I’ll be 34 weeks then (planned before getting pregnant)...
  • If it helps, I'm missing out on a "free" trip to Japan. There's an annual conference I go to that's in Tokyo this year, which sounds awesome (and work would pay for it!). However, it's a few days before my EDD, so I don't think the airline would let me on the plane...