1st Trimester

Symptoms Question

Hi all, I will be contacting my doctor about this tomorrow, just looking for some reassurance/similar stories for now. I had a miscarriage 3 years ago  with twins, and my husband and I have just now gotten pregnant again. I'm 6 weeks 4 days today! 2 days ago, I had some brown discharge, and it's been on and off since. Only when I use the restroom, nothing in my panties though. This afternoon my symptoms have been raging, very nauseous, sore breasts, super tired. Then I had a small red spot of discharge. No cramping, still having other symptoms, just worried now. Has anyone else experienced a surge in symptoms followed by some spotting? 

Re: Symptoms Question

• mahoganniemahogannie member
    edited October 2019
    With my last two pregnancies, I spotted a lot.  Nothing red...but brown or pinkish.  Both pregnancies ended with healthy babies.  You can get an HCG quantitative blood test to ease your mind.  It might help you to relax and not stress.  Spotting can be scary...try not to worry if you can.
  • I'm glad you're going to call your doctor today.  Usually, light spotting is okay/normal.  Fingers crossed for good news today! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a few friends who spotted and even had red blood in their pregnancies and all have healthy babies now. There is something called a subchorionic hematoma that can sometimes cause bleeding that is harmless the majority of the time. Maybe ask for a scan just to take a peek :)