Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 10/12-10/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 10/12-10/13

• edited October 2019
    I’m up early so figured I’d start the weekend threads!  Hope everyone has a nice weekend :)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opk, cm, charting, pnv, the sex

R/R: my dogs will sometimes sleep in but today H had to leave early for work and they always wake up when one of us leaves. So I’m up earlier than I wanted to be. I’m working at night today and tomorrow. It’s going to be crazy but I hope it goes by fast! Nothing exciting planned becuase H works two jobs atm and I feel like I’m never going to see him :’( 

Edit: words

CS/Q: 

I’m pretty sure I O’d on CD 14.
    I didnt have covers on this morning and temped over an hour later than I usually do so that’s probably why that temp looks weird. 

• Loading the player...
  • @konoha The animals are lucky we love them so. Long story medium, we have a dog and two cats that were in different homes but are now in the same home. The dog wants to be in our bedroom, but gets aggressive because that's mostly the cats' territory, so we're using a complex system of doorstops to keep him out but let the cats come and go as they please... it's super annoying. So most mornings start with the dog crying at the door :(

@inthewoods23 Fingers crossed for your O--but if not, then fingers crossed for a prompt AF so you can be on to the next one. Sending good vibes your way!

@pocketrose Congrats to your husband--What an exciting opportunity! Fingers crossed for your O too.

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: At the moment literally just WTO and practicing self-care.

R/R: Still a little down after AF's arrival but mostly not stressing and moving on trying to be positive. I don't know about you guys, but the waiting is the worst effing part of this whole thing.

CS/Q: Too soon for anything much now, just charting BBT as usual.

• edited October 2019
    @inthewoods23 I’m glad you were able to get back to sleep! Animals are lucky they’re cute! & that’s so interesting about what you found about cycles! I hope this isn’t an-o for you and that it doesn’t last too long if it is.

@pocketrose congratulations to your H!!! That’s an amazing feat and I’m sure an equally awesome opportunity. Fx you O soon!

@ssbl you’re exactly right about that!! That sounds complicated I’m sorry you have to deal with that! My dogs would probably die if they couldn’t be right next to us while we were sleeping lol I had approximately 6 inches of bed this morning and no covers! 
  • @konoha Yeah, it's stinky... My mom moved in with us and the dog usually sleeps with her, so at least everyone has someone to steal covers from lol
  • @pocketrose woohoo! Celebrate!

@ssbl I have O'ed as late as CD24 so maybe it's just going to take a while for that line to get dark. We'll see! 
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks @ssbl, @konoha, and @inthewoods23. Makes the weekend more celebratory which helps all the things!

On the topic of pets - H and I have had a foster cat for quite a bit now. He's very cute and gets along with OG cat and I think we may keep him. The only thing is OG is a lot less snuggly when there's a foster around and he and foster play but don't snuggle. Small price to pay though and I imagine he'll snuggle more as it gets colder.
  • Month/Cycle:

CD: 9

My phone deleted this. Temping, and going to try the every other day strategy since I have no idea if this cycle will be wonky 

R/R: we had such a great day at the pumpkin patch! My rant is all the lead peepers! Go home Jersey you’re drunk. 

CS/Q: 

@pocketrose soo exciting! Does he have a job lined up? I think I slept for a week after I passed the 7. (Similar exam for financial professionals) 

We have the cats in bed, so dog sleeps in crate. She’s also a corgi so she can’t... jump. Can’t even really get on the couch, which i love. 

• Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Month/Cycle: 7/9

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Tempdrop (BBT), OPK, PNV, Vit D, COQ10, limited caffeine and sugar

R/R: DH and I finally got down to business this cycle...I dunno why we waited so long. I guess I was sick for a good portion of a week, and life gets in the way. Also I’m mobile bumping for the weekend, so I’ll most likely be MIA or slow with tagging. We’re hanging out in the mountains this weekend with no agenda except turkey dinner tomorrow. 

CS/Q: 

• Hey all! Happy weekend! It seems to be finally, officially fall here in New England and DH and I made a bunch of Swedish apple pies this morning with the (approximately 578964 lbs of) apples we picked yesterday. The house smells de-lish. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: temping & charting, ovulation strips, HIO when the time is right 

R/R: It’s sweater and tall boots weather! The BEST time of the year! 

CS/Q:  nothing! 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin He has been at a firm as a clerk and gets to level up in pay and responsibility ASAP...but also got a cold call from someone he interviewed with at a much more prestigious firm 5 minutes after the results were out which was exciting.

I love a leaf peeping day, not gonna lie. Also, we're not so far from each other, I can almost see Jersey from my roof if I squint east :-)
  • Month/Cycle: 17/12/2 AL#2 

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO EOD, temping/tracking with FF, and adding in progesterone after O.

R/R: Happy Weekend everyone!! It’s been a great day here...got a few things done around the house, but also just relaxed too! Need to be more productive tomorrow! 

CS/Q: None. 

@konoha yay for O, I bet you’ll get CH’s tomorrow! Hope work isn’t too bad tonight or tomorrow...and hope you and YH get some time together soon! 

@inthewoods23 hope you don’t have an an-o cycle...but definitely hope it’s not too long if so! Ugh, that stinks that it’s so cold already!! We turned our heat on this morning for the first time...but it’s still regular ole Fall temps here. 

@pocketrose yay, that’s great YH passed the Bar and got a good job offer!! Good luck with your licensure exam...hope you didn’t have to study all day! 

@ssbl sorry you are feeling down...but hopefully the self-care & positive attitude help! Yes...the waiting is the worst! And I feel like we are always waiting for something...to O, to test, for AF to arrive, etc. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin glad you had fun at the pumpkin patch! We need to get a couple pumpkins for the front porch, but may just get them at the store this year. Pumpkin patches are always fun though! 

@coffeeandcookies84 hope you are having a great time in the mountains! Enjoy your turkey dinner tomorrow! 

@kmalls oh, homemade apple pie sounds yummy!! I’m so excited about sweater & boot weather too! 

• Happy weekend everyone! I am loving all the talk of cold weather and fall-related activities/food! I live in the southern U.S., so weather that finally isn't in the 90's is much welcome. I'm living vicariously through you all for true autumnal experiences.  :D

@pocketrose my cycles have been 40-45 days the past several months as well. Good luck! Long cycles really just drag out the waiting process for O and TWW, don't they?

@coffeeandcookies84 glad you're feeling better! Enjoy your mountain retreat! That sounds amazing. 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, timed/consistent intercourse, CM monitoring, folate

R/R: Well, I guess my rant is just that thanks to PCOS I'm most likely not ovulating on my own. (I do get positive OPKs, but they don't follow a nice logical slope; they're kind of all over the place.) It feels sort of like we've wasted the past 6 cycles not having that info. I'm all about moving forward now, but I'm a little nervous about my appointment Thursday where we decide where to go from here. I've been lurking on some threads about Clomid and I'm glad that I can bring those concerns up as we decide what to do next. 

I've also just been in a funk this weekend and then I found out some horrible news that has really been weighing on me all day. You know when it isn't your experience, but you hurt for someone else? 

On a more positive note, this weekend I am trying to force myself to do "happy" or pleasant things in hopes that it might improve my mood. So, hubs and I went to my favorite breakfast restaurant and later to my niece's birthday party. 

CS/Q: none

me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS
  • @pocketrose I probably drove right by you, I was at that big spa / conference center in NJ last week. Crystal something?
    @ksmalls yes! Boots!
    @coffeeandcookies84 The app is the worst. 

• @faith_2911 Good luck on thursday! Sending good vibes your way in your focus on moving forward. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin Crystal springs? That’s half a hour from my house! So pretty there. 
  • @ssbl Thank you!!! And also, I agree with you that the waiting game can be tortuous. Good luck this cycle; I hope you find lovely things to be distracted by while you wait! 
    me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS
  • @bluetickgal thank you!! I hope I do too. My cm was confusing me because it’s not gone yet but I think my estrogen might still be elevated I’m not sure. Definitely still think I O’d though, 
  • @ssbl yup! That’s the one! I was at a women’s conference for my industry. Since were 80%male in my company and we are one of the better ones ... it was pretty special 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I'm on the PA side of the river, my NJ time is limited to family friend dinners in S. Jersey. I think I have been to that conference center though, I used to work as a consultant in event fundraising and we'd go everywhere people had galas.