Weekly Group 3 Check-in (3/17-3/24) w/o 10.7

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Upcoming appts

How are you feeling?: 

Cravings/Aversions:

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost?

Re: Weekly Group 3 Check-in (3/17-3/24) w/o 10.7

• Options
    orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/18 & 16wk5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: We’ll be having a girl, but I feel irrationally opposed to saying I’m Team Pink, since I already have a daughter and we hardly buy any pink stuff. Team Lilac? Team Clay? Team Sea Glass? Team Mustard Yellow? Team the Occasional Dusty Rose?

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Upcoming appts: anatomy scan 10/18! Just saw the midwives last Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: I took the body pillow I used during last pregnancy out of my daughter’s room (where we’d been employing it in the Cozy Corner) and have been sleeping sooooo much better. That helps with everything. I just worked two twelves at the hospital, so kinda burnt out, and have been having GI probs today. Currently taking a bath (at responsible temp) instead of doing the laundry while my kid naps.

Cravings/Aversions: All I want to eat all of a sudden is variations on Carb + Cheese + Tomato + Meat. My husband made me hamburger helper a la bon appetit and I was in heaven, for example. But I’m trying to convince myself to make something cozy-but-healthy for dinner. Delicata squash stuffed with wild rice and cannelloni beans, maybe?

Rants/Raves/Questions: I’m simultaneously exhilarated and terrified by all of the bad news for Trump. He really needs to be removed from office, but I fear he’ll do some real dangerous batshit crazy stuff first. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? My parents’ first son died from a childhood cancer about a year before I was born, so I grew up with his imagined memory/presence. I thought of him more as an angel than a ghost, tho. When I was six or seven, I have the most vivid memory of waking to a vision of three glowing figures, two adult-sized and one kid-sized. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/20 16w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team blue for the third time!

Baby is the size of a(n): action figure

Upcoming appts: 10/11 midwife checkup, 11/5 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Finally some improvement.  Slowly coming out of my constant nausea and aversions to most foods.  Still pretty tired though, and getting more RLP and back pain.

Cravings/Aversions: My main cravings have been bagels with cream cheese, pizza, and pickles.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I need to build up the courage to start weaning DS2.  He is 2 years old today so we had a good run, but he still needs to nurse to sleep all through the night and it is getting harder for me to support that.

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? I'm not really a believer or a denier here.  I haven't had any ghost experiences personally, but I wouldn't discredit someone else who thinks they have.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @orbmaker lol i love all your team colors. one of the reasons we aren't telling is bc so much baby gear is soooooo gendered and sooooo either pink or blue and it Makes Me Crazy. Team Sea Glass! And okay, it's official, I am buying a pregnancy pillow bc I need one & your experience has convinced me. Credit Cards FTW.

EDD/W+D
    : 3/21 16w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we know--we aren't telling yet.

Baby is the size of a(n): grande iced latte

Upcoming appts: Friday!

How are you feeling?: Today, not great. Yesterday I felt alright til the evening. Today I've had a vague sense of nausea pretty much all day. I made a powerpoint for my lesson tomorrow, and I think being on the computer a lot has exacerbated my bad feeling. Blah.

Cravings/Aversions: Mostly aversions--still need to stay away from spicy/garlicky/flavorful foods. I was craving a doughnut forever but then when I ate one yesterday I felt sick. Going to get some fruit today--I bought a raspberry sorbet yesterday that is helping calm my nausea, but like only when I'm actually eating it. Ugh.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: So so sososososooooo tired of feeling sick. Annoyed we were kept off the citywide yardsale address list even though I submitted all the correct info in a timely manner. We made less than $100, though more than $75--but I put a lot of work into setting up and such, and we've made more in the past when we've had more customers. Barely anyone stopped by, and we were lucky some people did and bought some stuff. Mostly big stuff though, not a lot of the little stuff sold. I had VERY reasonable prices on things and know more would have sold if we'd gotten more traffic. Boo. Rave: The Eagles won yesterday! I mean, they played the Jets, so they better have, but I digress... I have to go to a bar to watch the game since I'm an out of town fan, and none of the people I know who go on Sundays were there, but I still made friends with all the Saints fans sitting near me--one kid was calling me "Philly" by the end of it, and kept asking me questions bc I knew a lot of the answers. I truly appreciate when my football knowledge is appreciated--esp. by the male species. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? My husband insists he grew up in a haunted house. I think I believe in ghosts, but I think my memories of ghostlike things were all actually dreams not memories? My imaginary friend was a ghost named Rosie who lived in our crawlspace and had a brother named OJ. I was really into Casper the Friendly Ghost as a kid and then when the movie came out--Devon Sawa was totally one of my first crushes likely bc of that 1995 movie lol. I was 11 when it came out.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I feel ya. I went as far as making a comment on our registry that we’d prefer gender-neutral clothing, but people still bought us frilly stuff cos they they knew she was a girl. I returned/exchanged most of it 🤷🏻‍♀️.
    I always err on the side of avoiding single-use objects and got this pillow cos I could imagine more uses for it after pregnancy (see: Cozy Corner). I love it! It’s not hard to flop over with it to your other side and it’s less bed-Hoggy than a Snoodle or whatever it’s called. 
    https://www.amazon.com/Snuggle-Pedic-Ultra-Luxury-Kool-Flow-Breathable-Hypoallergenic/dp/B011U1LIK8
  • Options
    @orbmaker you sound like a good cook! Also I’ve been having GI issues too (I have ulcerative colitis and am flaring) and I am chilling during DS’ nap too.

@kailanae I need to wean DS too (he also only nurses for sleep). DH took DS for bedtime now and DS is doing okay...he talks to himself (not crying at least) for 30-60 min though before finally falling asleep. I still nurse for his nap bc I am alone for that and need him to nap for my sanity ha, so i choose the easiest route. If DS sees me at bedtime he cries, but if DH takes him and reads him a story and gives him a snuggle, it’s been going okay. Hope the transition goes okay for you guys!

@kagesstarshroom so sorry you still feel sick  :s 

EDD/w+D: 3/18, 16w5d

Team: finding out (at anatomy scan)

Baby is the size of a: Philippine tarsier 

Upcoming appts: 10/22 reg check up and 10/31 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Stressed. I’m having an ulcerative colitis flare and I have been letting little things get to me (I know my UC flares are tied to stress). I could really use a day of rest where DH takes DS all day so I can sleep and decompress. 

Cravings/aversions: No real aversions. The smell of DH’s ground turkey cooking grosses me out though. Every meal I seem to have extremely specific cravings and it is annoying. I hate wasting food so I am trying to eat my leftovers even when my craving is the total opposite.

Rants/raves/Qs: ranted in the how are you feeling section already ha.

GTKY - do you believe in ghosts?: I don’t. But I’ve heard some pretty creepy stories of people living in (and needing to move out of) haunted houses. So I’m open to it, but I really think when you’re dead, you’re dead so it’s hard for me to believe in afterlife stuff. I wish some of my dead relatives would come haunt me though. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    justlauren05justlauren05 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/19... 16.5 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Upcoming appts: Today! Then the anatomy scan on the 25th. So excited!

How are you feeling?: Better. The random queasiness is almost gone. I do have lower back pain. Ugh. Are we there yet?

Cravings/Aversions: I crave heath bars and anything carb related. As for aversions... the smoke from whatever is cooking. Gag!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I have been debating on whether this one should have a shower or not. Mainly because I would like to be in control of the theme and putting my ideas to life. This is stemming from a bad baby shower experience from my first born. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? Not so sure. I always hear of haunted houses or landmarks. I'm just not sure if its a hype or someone who is extra sensitive.
    1999 - Starting dating (in High School!)
    2005 - Got hitched
    2009 - Trying to grow our family...
    2017 - BFP!! Baby Declan born December 2017
    2019 - BFP!! Baby Girl EDD March 2020 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/18, 16+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Upcoming appts: anatomy scan 10/21

How are you feeling?: Still just hungry. Although some potent bathroom spray today almost made me vomit. 

Cravings/Aversions: All the foods. I’ve entered the hungry part of pregnancy and on days that I work out it is nonstop. Don’t really have aversion except I have a hard time eating leftovers after a day or two. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave: my cousin let me borrow her Doppler. Last week I had some consistent spotting after working out and was freaking out. She gave it to me just to check on baby after workouts. I need to keep exercising as long as I can for my health and for baby’s so hopefully I can do that. Anyways I have found baby’s heart twice in the past week (don’t want to overuse it) and it’s so cool! I recorded it today so I can be obsessive and listen when I’m worried. I feel lucky that I don’t have terrible pregnancy symptoms but it also makes me nervous, like is everything ok in there?! 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? nah just like @silverhope I think when you’re dead, you’re dead. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/24 15+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out at anatomy scan

Baby is the size of a(n): jar of Nutella 

Upcoming appts: 16 week checkup was today, anatomy scan 11/1

How are you feeling?: I had plenty of nausea during the first trimester, but these last 2 weeks I’ve gotten sick 3 times! On foods that I’ve been eating every single day of my pregnancy (hard boiled eggs, sweet potato, morning smoothie). I thought the second trimester was supposed to be easier! 😂

Cravings/Aversions:  I had a sudden craving for applesauce this past weekend and have already gone through the 6 pack of little cups. I love the unsweetened, tart ones. I still have a slight aversion to meat, and now apparently hard boiled eggs and sweet potatoes 😭

Rants/Raves/Questions:  Is it normal to be completely disgusted by my sweet husband’s breath? I feel terrible and I probably won’t mention it to him—but his morning breath, coffee breath, after-meal breath totally gross me out. Also smells like the kitchen sponge and reheated food make me feel queasy as well. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? yes and yes!
  • Options
    silverhopesilverhope member
    edited October 2019
    @corgmom share ghost sighting story, please. also lol: I am a mean wife and tell my husband when his smelliness offends me  :D he knows my nose is extra sensitive right now. Sponge smells annoy me too. 

Edited bc pregnancy brain makes me dumb
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I’m sorry so many of you are still feeling sick! That seriously blows.

EDD/W+D
    : 3/20, 17+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink probably? According to a doctor’s guess.

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Upcoming appts: Tuesday 

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Having trouble sleeping and my hips hurt, but otherwise fine.

Cravings/Aversions: Everything and anything. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just still struggling on the bump, but it’s all good.

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost?  No, not really.