Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 10/12-10/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 10/12-10/13

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 23/14

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Typical LP Length: 14 days

Testing: No. WFAF. Because I o’d really early this cycle I still have another 6 days to wait till AF comes 😫 sigh. Feels never ending. 

R/R: My nose is still all stuffy and plugged up. I’m hoping my sinuses will clear up soon and this cough will go away. I’m working today then I’m off till weds. Looking forward to the break. I hope that everyone has a good weekend. This cycle has been the most confusing one ever but hope to get some clarity soon. I’ve had a little bit of cramping early this morning and a bit yesterday too so I’m thinking that means AF is going to make her appearance next week ☹️ Boo!! 

CS/Q: none

• @mindyb2019 hi! I havent been keeping in the dailies, remind me - how did you track O? Typically the LP length should be pretty consistent, so if you O early it should just result in a shorter cycle. 20 days would be a really long LP. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Loading the player...
  • @millpe Hi 👋 ya that’s what I thought. I thought a 20 day LP was a little long.🤨 I tracked my O using FF and using Clearblue advanced OPK’s. I got my peak surge. Well I guess if I have an early cycle that’s ok. Just not normal for me. My cycle and AF comes like clockwork to the day. It’s always 28 days. It’s been like that for like 13+ years. I’m never late or early. FF calculated AF to come tomorrow but if it comes when it always does on 28 days, it will be on Friday oct 18th. I’m soo confused this cycle. 🤷‍♀️
  • @kpearse99 hmm.. ok thanks. Maybe my cycle will just be shorter then. I almost caved as well and tested but I’m chicken too. I don’t want to be disappointed seeing a negative so I just don’t test. Sorry you’ve had AF like cramps. I’ve been feeling that myself and then they disappear too. I guess AF will be coming early for me which would be a first EVER lol. I hope you enjoy your low key weekend and have a good walk with your dogs. 
  • @mindyb2019 Were you temping? OPKs aren't 100% reliable and can't confirm ovulation alone. If you were temping you should post your chart for a chart stalk. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @millpe no I don’t temp at all. I prob should start doing that. I wondered how accurate and reliable OPK’s are and wasn’t sure to trust it or not, So maybe I didn’t O when I thought I did then. Who knows at this point. This cycle has been sooo messed up 🤷‍♀️ At this rate I just want AF so I can move forward and start fresh the next cycle. 
  • @mindyb2019 you never know, you might have Od early! OPKs are pretty reliable for me, but some people have multiple surges. I've also had cycles where it "peaked" early, but I dont think I Od for several days after. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @mindyb2019 I agree with the other ladies that your period should be starting sooner rather than later. 

@kpearse99 I’m excited for Monday for you! 

I feel like i would have no will power and test. But I do know how seeing a negative can ruin a day. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -3, -2, -1, 0, +1 

Typical LP length: not sure yet

Testing: most likely wfaf, unless my temps show something different 

R/R: Today has been and will continue to be a busy day  I’m finally getting a chance to relax since leaving the house early this morning. But then we have a friends birthday dinner/ haunted house celebration to go to, which I don’t really want to do  I’m happy that tomorrow all we have is swim practice in the morning and then that’s it.

CS/Q: Ovulation is confirmed! Nothing too exciting to see here. 

Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/11

Timing: 0

Typical LP length: 16

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Of course this was the first month of truly getting on the TTGP wagon, and my O wasn’t as clear as usual so now it has me questioning what day to expect AF and tempting me to test. I know it isn’t worth it to test and I just need to wait, but the TWW is such a mind game for me. 

CS/Q: None

@mindyb2019 Yeah what others have said! Either AF is in her way or test! Fingers crossed for you! 

@kpearse99 I am so impressed with your resolve to wait! I would be testing only because if it is bad news I would rather deal with it on a weekend, but really keeping my fingers crossed for your betas on Monday! 

@blackgirlmagic That is some serious timing! Hope you enjoy your parties today and swimming tomorrow! 

• @blackgirlmagic ya maybe you guys are all right. Maybe my period will start earlier this cycle. I know my body so I’m still betting on the fact that AF comes next Friday as it normally does on schedule anyways lol. I really hope you have a good time tonight at your friends birthday dinner/haunted house celebration. Sounds awesome. Maybe you will have lots of fun even though you don’t really want to go. Oh and ps... That is some amazing timing there girl. FX it works out for you. 

@ramzlau I feel ya on the TWW being a mind game. It’s horrible. Sometimes I wish I was those random people that just get KU by accident so I don’t have to count dpo and look for symptoms and just be able to relax and not expect anything and then be like ooohh look I’m pregnant lol. It messes with your brain and it sucks. The 2 weeks waiting feels like an eternity to then have AF come and crush you 😫 Hang in there. 
  • Hi everyone, this is my first post. My husband and I have been TTC since May, and I'm currently at the end of the 2ww of my 6th cycle. I've been charting my BBT (this is the second month) and it's suggesting I haven't ovulated as my temp hasn't consistently been high, but I also haven't had any of the usual cramps in the past few days. AF due tomorrow (I have a short 24-day cycle and pretty regular). I just caved and did a PT but it was BFN. Oh well. Mostly feeling that this isn't the month. What would you do next - make an appointment to see a doctor/gynaecologist in case it is anovulation? Or just chill and try again next month? 
  • @ramzlau - totally hear you on it all being one big mind game
  • @spoh welcome!  If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? That’s what the OB will go by to determine if you should start getting help to TTC.  Under 35 and they say to call if you’ve been trying for a year. 35 and older they want you to call at 6 months if you’ve had no luck in your own. 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @spoh hi! You should intro in the newbie thread so we can get to know you. This is also a great question for the chart stalk and questions thread and I would suggest reposting it there along with your charts if you are looking for opinions on whether or not we think you O'd. That said, I would suggest making an appointment with your Dr if your charts are suggesting an-O. If you aren't ovulating (and you have charts to back that up) there is no reason your dr should make you wait the typically 6-12 months for help. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Hello!! Got my CH so hopping on over here :) 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -3. -1

Typical LP length: 10. But now that I’m doing opk and temping I’m hoping it will turn out to be at least 12 this month, 

Testing: eh, I have cheapies for the first time ever so it’s going to be really tempting. i usually just waste my $ on frers.  I almost can’t control myself when they’re in the house lol. But I will try to wait until at least next Monday which will be 11dpo. Hate seeing bfns tho.

R/R: work tonight which should be interesting. I have soooo much to do at my house it’s insane. I frogot to put my leftover cake back in the fridge and now I’m wondering if it’s still good. Been out for about 8 hours. Idk if food safety rules apply to cake?  :D

CS/Q: got my CH but I thought my post-O temps would  be higher. I was really surprised this morning when it was in the 97s. Oh well. 

@mindyb2019 if you’re confident you Od when you did I would definitely test! But as long as you’re taking care of yourself it wouldn’t be too bad if you wanted to wait for AF even if you are KU. cramps dont always mean af is coming! 

@kpearse99 your chart looks good!! You’re very strong for not testing! I understand your reasoning though! Love the positive mindset. Like I said above cramps aren’t always a bad thing! 

@blackgirlmagic your timing looks great! And your plans sound really fun too!! 

@ramzlau I’m sorry you’re feeling confused by O! It seriously does mess with your brain so much! 

• @spoh I think it would be worth talking to your obgyn and showing your charts. With 24 day cycles there could be a few things they can do to improve your odds. Usually they say 12 months for someone that isn’t tracking ovulation or temps. Even if your doctor prefers you to continue trying on your own for a few more cycles, at least you will have a game plan for next steps! 

@konoha Yay for CH! I wouldn’t worry about the one off temps being weird, it is more about a trend line overall. 
  • Sorry I’ve been MIA all weekend but @kpearse99 fingers crossed so hard for you tomorrow. I’ve got such a good feeling for you. Wanted you to know I was thinking about you this weekend. 
  • @ramzlau I think you’re right! Thank you!

@kpearse99 crossing everything for you!!! Sending you alllllll the good vibes :) 
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 25/15

Timing: -1, -3

Typical LP length: 28

Testing: tested 10 DPO and this AM at 12 DPO

R/R: This is the first time we’ve ever tried and man. I know some of you have been on this journey for much longer and I applaud you. This sinking feeling and not sure if you see a line or your head is making it up it rough. 

CS/Q: what else can I be doing to help this? Where should I be researching?

• @kpearse99 I am twisted like a pretzel for you, girl! Good luck today!! 
  • @kpearse99 anxiously stalking this board for updates today!! Crossing absolutely everything for you!!