May 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms - week of 10/7

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 10/7

• I feel like I’m getting the god awful cold that’s been going around, and between pure pregnancy exhaustion and this, I’m not sure I’ll survive.
  • @pirateduck good luck to you. Sometimes I think the issue is that people don’t realize you can’t always choose when you have a baby. My friends know it took us years, but they don’t truly understand. They joke like I chose to have a baby in May because it’s good for my teaching schedule, and I just repeat you know how long it took. It’s hard for people to get it. Hopefully your boss understands. 

I just went shopping at target for leggings and sweaters. Idgaf about my school being a dressy school. I teach kindergarten and who gives a F if I wear leggings with a sweater or tunic top. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Linsbins I can’t imagine dressing up to teach kindergarten! Leggings and sweaters is all I can imagine!
  • @Linsbins - so jealous! I wish I could pull off leggings at school but my principal is a dress code stickler! 
  • @Linsbins - so jealous! I wish I could pull off leggings at school but my principal is a dress code stickler! 
    We technically don’t have a dress code. It’s in our contract. I mean I’m going to be cute in my leggings but she can’t say anything to me.
  • I just got home from a long day at work and all I want to do is cry. It was actually a pretty great day at work and I felt great, but all I want to do is cry. 

Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @m6agua ugh that sounds soooo awful! 

@drkoyya I feel the same some days those are days I feel like watching sappy chick flicks and just crying the whole time. 

@Linsbins I don't know why they make poor Kinder teachers dress up. You're sitting on the floor, dealing with bodily fluids and so much paste all day. Our faculty handbook says we will dress above the student body, last I checked Kinders wear sweats most days so leggings are great. 
  • @m6agua well way to look on the bright side. Next trip, one room for dudes and toddlers and one for moms. 😂
  • Was this May board the one where someone was thinking about waiting until 8 weeks to tell their husband they were pregnant? I’m dying to know how that panned out..
  • edited October 2019
    @bender29 Bah-hahaha, yes, I think it was!

ETA LINK  Sadly no updates.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• I'm still here. Work is crazy. DD1 had her last soccer game of the season last night and the coach wanted to take them out for icecream afterwards.... They're the U6 team, so mostly 4 year olds. We didn't get home until 8:45/9pm. 0/10 do not recommend....

• @TattoosandLace that doesn’t sound fun. 

• I’ve barely been on the last couple of days. I stayed home with DD today because she had a fever, but also I’ve spent all day preparing us to lose power as part of this crazy PG&E statewide shutdown. I did a bunch of cooking and laundry and ran the dishwasher. We’re expecting our power to get shut off at about 4:00 and be out all day tomorrow, so if I disappear again that’s what happened.
  • @TattoosandLace what is wrong with your coworkers? I cannot believe HR did not back you up. 
  • @soprano19 thinking of you! <3 

@winebreadcheese yeah....HR said nothing. So that makes me feel pretty great. My boss retires in about 3.5 years so I might phase out with her. Who knows. Depending on who takes her office I might not even have a job then. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I’m having a hard time keeping up since my work blocked TB and we don’t have internet at the house just yet!  Mobile bumping is just difficult!  Hopefully once we get internet this weekend, things will improve ☺️

I just ordered Metamucil to help regulate things because I think my lower back pain is in conjunction with constipation 😑
  • trying to catch up around here! I was traveling for work earlier this week and it took a lot out of me. I'm so queasy 100% of the time, and I just want to sleep. I'm not being productive at work at all. 

@jhysmath I would cry hearing the story regardless if I was pregnant or not. such an awful experience for him and too many others. I hope the kids get a lot out of it. 
  • Ugh we had to practice using a corner in a classroom for active shooter training today and for a bunch of educators my colleagues smell so bad. I had to do so much mouth breathing hanging out in the corner with them. A mixture of body odor, bad breath, and someone who can't do laundry. I think the smell of musty clothes was the worse. I wanted to yell in pregnant and you all smell terrible let me out of here, alas I couldn't because we haven't told work. 

I also held it together for the speaker today because he mumbled so much of he wasn't facing me I couldn't figure out what he was saying. 
  • @jhysmath I’m sorry but all of that just sounds crappy. Especially the smells. And the active shooter drill. Ugh. I hate that this is where we are. 
  • Everything smells. I want to hide the George foreman from my IL’s just turning that thing on makes the house smell like a nightmare. 

My IL’s can’t get wired internet where they live so our internet is terrible here too. We just started the process of house hunting and wired internet is an absolute must. It makes bumping pretty hard because this site is slow on good internet much less poor internet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We get Internet today!!! I‘m so excited to have WiFi and the ability to bump on the computer! WooOOo! 
  • @Austenista I haven’t had wired internet for a few years.  If you don’t live in a city in CO basically you are stuck with satellite internet or no internet.  It sucks.  I just try and remind myself that it’s better than dial up.  Not all wireless is created equal though, once we switched providers and talked to a bunch of locals we finally found something halfway decent that is at least fast enough to stream video most of the time and does not have a data cap.
  • Ugh... the windchill is below zero F this morning... I don’t wanna leave the house.  Zero sleep again due to indigestion is not helping my morning motivation either.
  • Popping on to say hi! I've been MIA this week with homecoming at school (game tonight, parade tomorrow morning, marching band competition tomorrow night) and with PG&E killing power to most of northern CA. We lost power for about 24 hours yesterday, but it's back now. Hope everyone had a good week!
  • @soprano19 We lost ours for almost three days. Luckily, we were in Disneyland for most of it. But I was pretty bummed that I had to throw away everything in my fridge.
  • @soprano19 @ruby696 ours was 48 hours. And everyone was sold out of ice and we don't own a generator so we have a freezer of food to throw out too. DS thought it was awesome walking around the house wearing a headlamp and carrying a lantern though. He looked like an adorable little coal miner.

@ruby696 how was Disney?
  • @splashmountain We let DS wear a headlamp - it was also cute, until he insisted on wearing it while pooping. 😆 Disney was great! The kids had a great time, but it was sooo crowded. We're glad to be home.
  • @pirateduck I think you were the one who told me quiches freeze well, is there anything special you do? I was cooking a frozen one for lunch and it took about 2 hours in the oven, and it was so wet I ended up taking pieces and put them in the air fryer to finish cooking and dry up. I need some cooking tips please because it was the only thing this week I ate and though hmm I want some more. 
  • Oh my, I feel like this pregnancy is moving like molasses for me. It doesn’t help that I am at the end of the month, but oh boy, I am not even 8 weeks yet...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jhysmath said:
    @pirateduck I think you were the one who told me quiches freeze well, is there anything special you do? I was cooking a frozen one for lunch and it took about 2 hours in the oven, and it was so wet I ended up taking pieces and put them in the air fryer to finish cooking and dry up. I need some cooking tips please because it was the only thing this week I ate and though hmm I want some more. 
    I don’t usually freeze them.  I cook on 375 for 45 minutes (regular crust) or 50 minutes (deep crust).  Keep it on the counter until cool (I feel like it keeps cooking some in this time).  Then I just put it in the fridge where it all usually gets eaten within a week.    I will reheat a slice at a time in the microwave for about a minute.  

We did definitely talk about quiche!  I have one in the fridge now and make them all the time because I have my own chickens and ducks and a LOT of eggs currently.
  • I was at the store today buying a 50lb bag of chicken feed.  The staff was clearly struggling in the midst of a rush and/or some sort of register problem and there were two other customers (senior citizen sorts) waiting for carry out assistance and I was having this huge dilemma if young fit looking me needed to insist that an employee load my car for me.  I have always loaded my own feed, but I am trying to take care of myself and wonder if hefting 50lb bags is really a good idea right now.  I couldn’t decide if I am really helpless and I should tell these total strangers that I’m pregnant and need help even though my own mother doesn’t even know or if I should suck it up and load my own car.
  • @ruby696 @splashmountain oh man, that's bad! We bought ice ahead of time and filled up our fridge with bags of it in the morning, so we didn't end up having to throw anything out. It was just like having a cooler of food while camping.
  • @pirateduck my DS is 50 lbs and he needs to be held sometimes. I do what I can to get him to walk as often as possible but honestly, there are times I don't have a choice. I think you'll be ok if you have to do it yourself occasionally, but no shame in making someone else do it 😉
  • @splashmountain yeah, if someone was available I would have had them do it, but since I normally do it all the time I figured I could manage
  • @pirateduck I think I'm going to refrain from freezing them, but I was shocked by how much I wanted to eat it it's been awhile since I've wanted to eat something and wasn't just eating because I know if I don't I'll get extra nauseated. 
  • Sooo I have not had much nausea, but my dogs’ farts the past 24 hours seriously might send me over the edge!
  • I gave away our infant car seat when I thought we were done having kids last year to a mom in need. I went online to do some research and it’s so overwhelming!!! DH said we should just go to target and buy one. I mean, they are all tested and must be safe right? I was really just looking for a lighter one since my babies have been tiny and we don’t need the higher weight/height limits... I’m going to leave that task for future me. DH didn’t install the car seat until I was in labor with our first so I probably won’t need it for like 7 months. 😬
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19