Group 3 (2/15-2/21) check-in w/o 10/7

EDD/W+D:

Team:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be?

Re: Group 3 (2/15-2/21) check-in w/o 10/7

• EDD/W+D: Feb 20, 20w4d

Team: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Beanie Baby

Upcoming Appointments: 10/24 for OB, 10/25 for MFM

How are you feeling? Good, I love all the movements. Wish I didn’t feel full so fast. 

Raves/Rants: Rave: we went pumpkin picking this weekend and DD loved it. Rant: waiting for MFM appt feels like it’s taking forever. 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be? I am a big believer in the choices you make and the experiences you have turn you into the person you are today. There is no one thing I would change. Maybe some of the risky things I did in college even though they turned out to be fine. 
  • EDD/W+D: Feb 20/20w4d

Team: Pink! Still getting used to that!! 

Baby is the size of a(n): banana, paper airplane

Upcoming Appointments: 10/24 checkup 

How are you feeling? Feeling good but my back hurtssssss 

Raves/Rants: Rave: I got all of DS’ birthday presents wrapped this weekend. We also had a great family weekend since DH didn’t work so much! 

Rant: my back hurts so much. I’m sure having a toddler this go round doesn’t help but the snoogle doesn’t seem to be doing anything anymore. I can’t get comfortable. 

Questions: Any back pain relief ideas? 

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be? This is a hard question. I don’t know that I would change anything. Sometimes I wish I had not transferred colleges but then I may not have ended up with DH soooo who knows. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @malloryfrommn I have had heart palpitations too. They can be really alarming. I also had them with my last pregnancy, and a few weeks postpartum until things started to normalize. Just wanted to share in case yours continue a bit postpartum to hopefully alleviate any worry that they are usually normal. 
  • @therealbitts thanks so much for relaying your experiences with heart palpitations! Super helpful to know they can be normal, and even continue into the postpartum period. You are right  - they are alarming!
  • @TennisLove30 what a sweet pic!! 
  • @Swiftlet, sorry you have to have a repeat ultrasound and baby girl may have a medical condition.  I also need a repeat US for some concerns they have and the wait is excruciating.  Try to remember, you have every right to feel how you feel about this possible diagnosis but baby can have a perfectly happy and healthy life if that diagnosis is true.
  • @Swiftlet I’m so sorry. That’s super stressful. I would definitely keep reminding yourself that the doc thought it looked fine and that things are probably ok. Babies move so much during that AS. Almost every AS I have had has required some type of follow up since the baby was moving a lot and the tech couldn’t get a good shot. 
  • @jvk2012 thanks <3 it is definitely a treatable thing and I know things could be far worse so I’m choosing to stay positive. You’re right though- three weeks seems like a long time when you’re worried!

@therealbitts thank you! They were both very wiggly, haha. My regular OB who I saw later this AM (offices in the same parking lot so I go back to back) took a quick look and said he thought it looked fine too so I’m choosing to focus on that to get me through <3
  • @Swiftlet oh man, I am so sorry that you have this big worry hanging over you! It's reassuring that your doctor wasn't of the opinion that something was amiss. Waiting another 3 weeks for extra confirmation will be tough. Hang in there! ❤
  • @Swiftlet ugh I’m sorry you have to wait for another look. But I had a friend with twins and one has club foot concern and it ended up that all 4 feet were fine! Sending you patience and good vibes 
  • @malloryfrommn @ibabyloveb87 thanks guys, I appreciate your support :)<3
  • @Swiftlet ugh sorry you have this uncertainty - double the babies sounds like double the worry but it sounds like everything will be ok! <3  
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @Swiftlet, I’m sorry you are going through this. I will be thinking of you and the baby.
  • @Swiftlet I’m sure the wait is so anxiety inducing but try to just focus on what your doc said :) thinking of you!

@mamasbloom I have the exact same anxiety about food cleanliness when I’m out and about! At home I know I’m washing everything enough but I always have a hard time out because I feel like restaurant employees may not be as good about thoroughly washing food. I know the chances are slim but it just gives me anxiety. 
  • EDD/W+D: 21w3d

Team: blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): endive this week and today baby’s palm is the size of a dime! Aww

Upcoming Appointments: repeat AS tomorrow to try to get a better pic of baby’s kidneys 

How are you feeling? Pretty good except back pain! Argh. Very excited to now have a bump:)

Raves/Rants:  although I’m happy about having a bump, I’m realizing I can’t fit into as many of my old clothes anymore and I haven’t yet fully built out my maternity wardrobe. Also still feeling moody so I had a mini meltdown this morning while trying to get dressed for work. :(

Questions: does everyone have a linea nigra yet? I don’t have one yet and since this is my first one, I’m not sure what’s typical?

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be?
    Totally on the same page as @malloryfrommn - I wish I had studied abroad or found a company where I could work abroad... that would be a lot more difficult now with the baby!
  • @nhh11, I never got a linea nigra with my first. 
  • @nhh11 - I also never got a linea nigra. Did your mom? I would think it would be somewhat genetic?
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @nhh11 mine is returning. With DS it started appearing around week 17, it was brown, and it took over two years to go away fully. Now it’s returning with this babe and it almost looks blue. It’s bizarre. But obviously not everyone gets it. And of course it’s not a big deal if you get it or not.
  • @leksiL I don’t know if my mom got one actually. I will ask her. 

@daffodil_shoe wow crazy that it took 2 years to go away! Hopefully this time it goes faster. Good to know it’s no biggie not to have one. 
  • @nhh11 I first noticed the linea nigra forming around week 16. It's still super light - just a shade or two darker than my normal skin tone. I'm a FTM so I don't know what's typical. 
  • @nhh11 I didn't get one with my first and I don't think I'll get one with this baby either. I think it varies from person to person.  
  • I read somewhere once that linea nigra is more noticeable on darker skin-toned people. But I’m pasty white so 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @daffodil_shoe fellow pasty person here  :# FTM, haven’t noticed one yet.
  • @daffodil_shoe also pasty white, but that's interesting!
  • Lol super pasty here too so it won’t be hard to spot if I do get one. @daffodil_shoe maybe that’s why your first one took so long to go away?